Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Default Guild Lay of the Land

I'm coming back to P99 after an extended break and was wondering what every guild is up to these days. I stopped playing shortly before Velious was launched and recall guilds like TMO, BDA, and Omni contending for most mobs. I understand TMO and BDA are no more and Omni is now part of a guild alliance? I now see names like Aftermath and Awakened running around, and some alliance between Azure Guard, Omni, and Europa. Could someone with a decent understanding of current guild dynamics provide a run-down on who is doing what these days?

Who is doing NToV? Who is doing HoT? Plane of Growth? Who is still doing classic planar stuff for epics or otherwise? Who is doing Ring Wars? What guilds are (in)active? Hardcore versus casual? Anything like that just so I know what world I'm stepping back into would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

The raid dynamic has recently change due to bi monthly repops and server staff aggressively suspending raid guilds for twenty days at a time as they see fit.

Awakened and Aftermath are the top guilds , they try and do everything with a focus on the city leaders (yelinak, dain, tormax), ntov, sleepers tomb (no warders, sleeper is awake) , cazic thule, zlandicar, ring wars, phara dar and to a lesser extent the rest of veeshan's peak. Avatar of War too ....Tunare is no longer attempted until her loot table is expanded because growth takes 12 hours to clear and you may end up with nothing good

Halls of testing is kind of beneath the top tier but everybody likes the loot for their alts.

With the bimonthly repops and ridiculously long suspensions of awakened and aftermath recently more casual guilds have found a foot hold in the end game raid scene.

Azure guard, Paradigm Shift and Europa + Omini are the second tier raid guilds. They go for end game targets when Awakened and Aftermath have their hands full during repops and try to sneak some targets when they can in between. They don't really have the same ability as awakened and aftermath to assemble quickly or during off hours but they have numbers and are capable enough

I'm not really that familiar with the third tier but names like infernus and blood guard sound right. They are guilds that will go for things like hate mini bosses and plane of fear golems. Profitable targets that you can do with low numbers and a lot of time on your hands
Last edited by trite; 02-15-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Thanks, all really helpful info. Do any of those second-tier / CSG guilds do HoT or Hate mini bosses / Fear golems, or are pretty much only third-tier guilds doing those now? (Best hope of getting some Velious gear and finally getting epic'd?) Is anyone doing Venril Sathir, Trak, Vox/Naggy with their alts, Plane of Sky, etc.? Or does the server FEEL like basically a cluster-rush to the end game mobs only (if the guild can handle it)?
Old 02-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't CSG disband to just AG by itself and omni / europa?

Basically any of the ones mentioned do all that. While I have no idea if A/A does HoT (or just goes to ToV for NToV), HoT is more or less a joke now that velious has been out so long. Hate farming is still a thing, mini's is more of a sock contest than being able to kill in hate. (Same with fear, with exception of dracoliche and CT, which still go to the high tier raiders.) You can see groups from every single one of the guilds mentioned above with a force in fear when window is known.

VS / trak / vox/naggy / PoS are all "easily" done with any of the same guilds. The main difference is perseverance in socking and ability to rapidly log in on a spawn call.

In the end, what you should ask is if,

1. You want dem high end NToV pixels (A/A pretty much only)
2. You are able to mobilize immediately on call
3. What kind of atmosphere in guild is preferable

Really, if you want super high end pixels, join one of the two end game guilds, otherwise just pick whichever guild has people you get along with.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

This is a simple version of where each pre-velious raid guild ended up:

A-Team+IB -> Rampage, and then Rampage + Taken -> Awakened.
TMO -> Forsaken, and then Forsaken + Asgard -> Aftermath.

CSG still kicking but I think Europa and Omni kicked AG out due to recent issues? Still semi-hardcore.

Destiny and BDA are gone.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

A chunk of Rampage members went to Awakened, but virtually none of the Rampage leadership did. So it felt like less of a merger and more of a brand new Taken led guild. I think Rampage helped with a starter guild bank fund, but things like Mage bots access, teamspeak, websites, etc was removed.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aftermath and awakened are both merged remnants of past top tier guilds (a team, taken, rampage, IB, tmo, etc) and are the clear top guilds on the server that go for the highest end pixels (NTOV, sleepers tomb, thule, dain, tormax/AOW, ring war)

right below them are CSG (an alliance composed of azure guard, europa and omni) and paradigm shift who are the only ones to consistently compete with A/A on high end pixels, usually when A/A is busy. they generally aren't able to form as quickly but are definitely able when together.

below them are guilds such as venerate, anonymous, blood guard, the second sons.

to my knowledge fires of heaven is gone (good riddance) and paradox just recently disbanded. i have no clue if savage, infernus, novae and clue are still operating.

kittens who say meow is still around as the largest casual guild on the server, but also dip into some raiding too.

newb leveling guilds right now are dawn believers and black hearts mainly.

Auld Lang Syne is a gimmick guild where you cant get gear outside of the guild economy, a legit-style "classic" guild. pretty fun, would suggest having at least one alt in there.
KWSM is not the largest casual guild, you would be hard pressed to find many in the low levels anymore
Old 02-15-2018, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

There is only one guild that goes for everything.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is only one guild that goes for everything.
Which single guild goes for all the targets?
Old 02-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which single guild goes for all the targets?
Come

Back