Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
burn it all down, delete all characters.
i like the way u think big dawg
Old 01-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever been doing something the wrong way, and when someone points it out, you get mad at them, because it makes you realize you've been doing it the wrong way the whole time? I think it's a bit like that.

I think the "care bear" server would just be massively more fun for everyone, and even the competitors know it ... so they fear it, because they've already conditioned themselves to want "competition" over all else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, more practically speaking:

Seriously: the "competitors" would be stuck on a server with like 200 fellow competitors, and that would make them miserable.

But again, it doesn't matter, because R&N are the competitive type.
The dream for me is P99 with instanced raids, disabled MQ’s and loot locked world mobs. And as you suggest, I’m most likely not the minority. Most of us are well into our careers, have wives and children. Raiding on a schedule would be bliss. Unfortunately most of us just don’t have the kind of disposable time to justify classic “competition” of EQ.

That all being said, I’m fully aware just how far away that is from classic and that’s not the goal that our devs have in mind. Completely fine with that. But I’d be curious to see how successful and populated that server would be compared the current rule set.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dream for me is P99 with instanced raids, disabled MQ’s and loot locked world mobs. And as you suggest, I’m most likely not the minority. Most of us are well into our careers, have wives and children. Raiding on a schedule would be bliss. Unfortunately most of us just don’t have the kind of disposable time to justify classic “competition” of EQ.

That all being said, I’m fully aware just how far away that is from classic and that’s not the goal that our devs have in mind. Completely fine with that. But I’d be curious to see how successful and populated that server would be compared the current rule set.
With ya there

TAKP server would normally be the answer, if there wasn’t as many boxers and if mouse scroll worked (I know TAKP regulars hate hearing these gripes tho)
Old 01-01-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That all being said, I’m fully aware just how far away that is from classic
The rotations piece really isn't; many have reported that their server ran rotations in classic.

Now of course, even the classic live servers weren't rotating the top content ... but then again they weren't time locked forever either (they had Luclin).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

At first I was like wtf no mouse wheel how will i gawk at my toon's ass?!

After a few days without mouse wheel, I didn't miss it anymore.

now I roflmao at others who draw the line there
Old 01-01-2022, 05:41 PM
Banned

I plan to set up TAKP as soon as I feel plateau’d on main without serious effort raiding or farming and have tried a minor twink

Because then I will have experienced all I can feel P99 can offer and then would want to commit to boxing since I have a year+ experience with it on live, probably 3box to see new content
Old 01-01-2022, 05:54 PM
Banned

Does TAKP have the original cloud graphics? I hate the generic catch-all skies we have now.

North ro, South ro and Oasis all used to have a separate "desert" sky, most other zones had the two layers of clouds (unless it was raining), or they were foggy zones likes gfay, innothule or toxx. And then when kunark launched all the kunark zones had a unique cloud graphic, which I think was also used for outdoor velious zones like iceclad.
Last edited by Ooloo; 01-01-2022 at 06:08 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 07:45 PM
Orc

HurbQuest is a fresh install of EQEmu server ... titanium client base install, no special files or dlls ... first 8 expansions.. hosted on Amazon Web Services impenetrable Jeff Bezos Cloud for free

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=3264
Old 01-01-2022, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy
That’s expensive
What is the CPU, RAM, and bandwidth needed to run 1 server?

How much USD is it per month?
Old 01-03-2022, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

https://everluclin.boards.net/thread...er-performance

^^^

In other words, Seedy (per usual) has no idea what he is talking about.

The cost to run an EQ server is trivial.
Closed Thread