Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

No one here needs to know anything. Stop adding another level of stress by gaming the merge meta. Play the game you are given, realize it might be gone forever in mid-play and be happy with that.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:42 PM
Banned

Necromancy only server next.

Then maybe a cleric only. Or wizard only server.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Can't wait to get a manastone on the next box despite having a job and commitments outside the game. Am I being realistic?
Old 01-04-2022, 10:23 AM
Banned

Here's my proposal for what to do at the end of green timeline:

Merge green and blue. This server would be the museum server and would have everyone's characters from green and blue intact with all their gear and titles from botb and all those histories and memories, and you can still log them in if you want, but all the raid mobs and quests are disabled.

At the same time the next green server would launch fresh, and if you want to actually *play* everquest you need to roll on the new green. All your elf pixels still exist for history's sake on the museum server, but this would incentivize people to participate in the new green server and avoid further splitting up the populations. When green 1.0 launched I was honestly pretty baffled that people were actually sticking around on blue and continuing to raid there. I have a 60 epic torpor sham on blue and I don't think I've logged her in once since green launched.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my proposal for what to do at the end of green timeline:

Merge green and blue. This server would be the museum server and would have everyone's characters from green and blue intact with all their gear and titles from botb and all those histories and memories, and you can still log them in if you want, but all the raid mobs and quests are disabled.

At the same time the next green server would launch fresh, and if you want to actually *play* everquest you need to roll on the new green. All your elf pixels still exist for history's sake on the museum server, but this would incentivize people to participate in the new green server and avoid further splitting up the populations. When green 1.0 launched I was honestly pretty baffled that people were actually sticking around on blue and continuing to raid there. I have a 60 epic torpor sham on blue and I don't think I've logged her in once since green launched.
It's quite simple why a lot of people stick to blue, myself included. For many people it took years to get their toons leveled and geared on blue. Not everyone has the time or desire to do that again. EQ isn't like Diablo 2, where you can make multiple high geared characters in a few months.

The museum idea is interesting, but if you can't play the game it is honestly a waste of server hardware and bandwith. People won't play it at all, and you might as well delete it at that point. The problem is you aren't going to be able to force blue players (or green 1.0 players who feel the same way with their chracters) to play Green 2.0. They will just quit if you deleted the old servers or turned them into a museum. So it doesn't solve the player base split issue sadly.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

That post smells of, "Someone likes something I don't like? Destroy it!"

Danth
Old 01-04-2022, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
Agreed.

There are probably only two ways to fix the player base split issue, and neither will happen for obvious reasons:

1. The Dev's discontinue making new Green servers, and everyone plays on a merged Blue/Green. This will never happen because the Dev's plan for the past 10 years has been Green, and I am not saying new Green servers are bad. I think it is a great idea, I just don't have the time/inclination to start over. If Green came out 5 years ago I would have been much more excited.

2. The dev's push P99 into Luclin and merge the servers. That way everyone keeps their existing characters, while also not being on a "beta server". This will never happen either due to the dev's wanting to keep the timeline where it is, and I agree with them. I prefer the Classic-Velious timeline, and while I am kind of itching to play Planes of Power again, I could do that on TLP.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hot take:

Allow people on green and blue to /movelog and designate one server for p99-style FTE racing, the other for classic-era server type rotations.

While probably pretty unpopular around these parts, community-led content rotated servers were definitely a thing in classic eras covered by p99.

Rathe server had a pretty simple one - needed to kill a raid mob once via FTE (either a guild was slacking or they let you try) before being added to the rotation list. If you couldn’t kill when your mob was up within X hours of its spawn, you needed to pass to the next guild. If you made Y attempt(s) and failed, you needed to pass.

Elflawyering goes down as a happy side effect.
what a great way to split the population more than it already is!

great thinking there bud! also it doesn't hurt to know that rogean and nilbog HATES

rotations!
Old 01-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what a great way to split the population more than it already is!

great thinking there bud! also it doesn't hurt to know that rogean and nilbog HATES

rotations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Banned

loramin go back to editing the wiki please
Closed Thread