Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally nobody gives a shit about *legal* immigrants. Nobody. Not one single american (well maybe like one) is like "durr stupid mexico people stay out!". Illegal immigration is the issue.
When we make it impossible to immigrate legally, we're still fucking over immigrants. And we do make it impossible for most/poor immigrants to come here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:28 AM
Banned

i just wanna grill some frost giant steaks
Old 01-05-2022, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

You can have open borders or you can have a welfare state, but you can’t have both.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Unbridled immigration for all! And higher minimum wage! And go ahead and increase social entitlements and cancel student debt while you're at it!!

What's a national debt?
Old 01-05-2022, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

No option for secure borders and no welfare state. Where you born into the cult or join it?
Old 01-05-2022, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can have open borders or you can have a welfare state, but you can’t have both.
I agree with a lot of the opinions here

The only correction I will make is in some states such as mine, it is still not possible to qualify for welfare or Medicaid health insurance if you are illegal/undocumented

However:

- Any child born to you is a natural born citizen and therefore eligible for food stamps for free food for 18 years (SNAP program), which you as the parent can eat too obviously, so free food for both for 18yrs

- Shelters including family shelters do not check immigration status so you can go to these. These have very limited beds so an illegal family can and does take a room a citizen family could have used

- Hospital ER’s will always have to treat someone regardless of immigration status so you can go to these and just not pay after, no real way to track you down and collect

- food banks do not check immigration status and have limited food so an illegal family can go to these and get the the food that would otherwise go to a citizen family

- public schools funding sources are based off the census numbers of the area, but illegals don’t register on the census. However, public schools are required to educate their children (learning English is incredibly useful). This results in schools with lots of illegals living nearby to be chronically underfunded

- Illegals can take up resources such as police, fire department, and court system, but they do pay sales tax and I forget if sales tax goes towards those and I’m too lazy to look it up

- In states such as CA I believe illegals can qualify for both Medicaid health insurance and welfare as well

A lot of these I actually agree with, such as educating (teaching English) to illegal kids, providing food stamps to their kids because no one wants to see any kid starve to death, same for providing emergency medical services because no one wants to see someone die outside a hospital due to not being treated. But resources in a given area are limited and citizens and illegals unknowingly fight over these limited resources, is the problem
Old 01-05-2022, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

man reading through this thread reminds me of good times when I also thought random people on the internet gave a fuck what i thought about on pressing topics!
Old 01-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Banned

people don't unknowingly anything

uncaringly more like it

you either care or u don't care or you are willing to learn or not willing to learn or not able to learn

those not able to care/learn need to be taken out of the places were they can harm those who can and do learn and put somewhere nice and safe and cozy for them to naval gaze until they die of natural causes and so they can't hurt the system and be a part of the problem and corruption that both sides use to manipulate and control money and banking and everything else rules lawyer oriented

nor should those people working or volunteering their time to help others be held liable/made hostage to those UNCARING people.

I get it no one wants to die or watch anyone die. Being any type of person doesn't make you special however. And CERTAIN demographics really really rest on their laurels, that is for sure, it allows that welfare queen rhetoric to take hold and harm those that TRULY do need help and ARE caring yet still in a very real death spiral that will have collateral, no matter how you want to look at it, and no it's not always some violence thing, sometimes it's just taking up 911 calls or giving insurance companies more fuel to be dicks and control everything.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:24 PM
Banned

no one read that, retard
Old 01-05-2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread