Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Large Rat

Default Hello from (yet another) new player!

Greetings all!

I have taken the plunge and decided at long last to try to regain some of the good ole days of Everquest from long ago. Like so many of you, I have greatly missed the adventure, comradery, and experience of Vanilla through Velious.

For those who may remember me, I played a bard on Sullon Zek in Da'Bashin Iggles guild and a bard on Xegony in the Obsidian Ryders guild. If these sound familiar to you, please send me an in-game tell and I will tell you my old characters name(s).

Once again, I have created a (gasp) bard and am currently playing at my old stomping grounds in the Greater Faydark.

My character's name is Llaine.

Please feel free to send a shout my way if you are so inclined!

Have a wonderful evening and happy adventures to you all!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry, no Vanilla here. The choices are white chocolate and winter chocolate.
Welcome to p99. Lucks!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Large Rat

Greetings to you as well, I will be playing soon as well. Enjoy along with me.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Large Bat

Greetings
Old 02-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Large Rat

Report from the first days:

Memories like a flood are all coming back. Oh how I forgot the pain of having to loot/run/sell loot/run/sell until I had enough coin to purchase backpacks. Which then led to slightly longer loot runs.

Currently at lvl 4. Am anxiously awaiting my weekend so that I can make it up to lvl 5 and chat with people. (I get long winded and limited characters per chat has been interesting to work with to say the least!).

Very happy to be here!

WTS 1 stack of Bone Chips and 1 stack of Bat Wings =)
Old 02-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Welcome aboard!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlrSaturn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently at lvl 4. Am anxiously awaiting my weekend so that I can make it up to lvl 5 and chat with people. (I get long winded and limited characters per chat has been interesting to work with to say the least!).
Yeeeah, that's a recent change, just because one person had to act like a real douche.

Your batwings likely just vendor, as people that use them usually buy them off one of the vendors that sell them regularly (like the one on the way to EC tunnel). Bonechips are good though. Also spiderling silk can be good. Pelts are good as well, any quality above ruined, though not stackable so a pain if you don't have 10slot bags in the bank. Most that buy/farm them in bulk turn them into low quality pelts and process them into pads which are stackable. Or of course, you can use all that stuff yourself and make your own starter gear. Bonechips give xp on some turn-in quests etc.

edit in tip: one thing you can do that we didn't have back on live, or early live, check the wiki. Well there was zam, and with no charge for the site, but here we have a pretty good official wiki. Anything you pick up, you can type it into search and usually get pretty good detail. Such as what players may pay for the drop, or if it's sold at a vendor and where, if it can be used in a quest, how to use it in a tradeskill, all sorts of info.
Last edited by Daywolf; 02-08-2016 at 01:05 PM..
Old 02-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeeeah, that's a recent change, just because one person had to act like a real douche.
I was wondering who the troublemaker was and what they did?
Old 02-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wondering who the troublemaker was and what they did?
Oh, the whole GG thing (greengrocer). Spamming various zones with text floods, getting banned and just rolling another char to do it again. Even making up mean forum account names and clicking on peoples profiles so that it shows in the visitors list. Isn't the first time someone went mental, but they (we all did) got fed up with it and had to do something to prevent it in the future, more strict prevention than in previous instances. Stuff like that is just not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People couldn't do that stuff unless they spent big money to keep making accounts to then get banned.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Large Rat

The Wiki has been a great resource, found that out early on. I'm almost lvl 5 so the chat issue really isn't that huge of a deal. To prevent spammers and whatnot, it's a little headache to prevent the problem. Though I can't imagine this being a hot place for spammers, it's such a niche community. . . .
Closed Thread