Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:00 AM
Aviak

Default Idea for endgame raiding

The other day during our Zlandicar raid we engaged with roughly 28 people. We didn't do all that bad and got him to around 30%. Was more fun then I have had in awhile raiding even though we lost.

This got me thinking. What if we agreed on as system that promoted trying to get the fewest amount of people to engage a raid target. Instead of Zerging down when it spawns how about we enter a bid system. Rules would be simple, guilds that are there would enter a bid to see who could do the target with the least amount of people.

Example. Guild A bids 43 players. Guild B then bids 38. Guild A then bids 30 players. Guild B does not think that Guild A can do it with 30 players so they sit out for guild A's attempt.

Rules of engagement would be something like this (rough idea). Once the guild that bid the lowest amount of players won the bid, they must attempt within 20 min after winning the bid. The raid target must be engaged within this 20 min time frame and in camp, this includes train ups and such. All players from the guild that is doing the attempt must log out unless participating in the kill to show they are doing it with the amount of players they bid. If they wipe then the next guilds (if any) can start bidding. If all guilds fail with the bid amount of players then of course the last guild can just walk in and kill it with any amount of players.

Pros:
-All the rules are pretty hard and set in stone. If you wipe you lose. GM intervention would only have to be involved if there was obvious tampering from another guild.(training attempting guild, exploits and such)

-Its a true test of skills and teamwork.

-Its a challenge to fight a target with less people.

-I believe its a fun way to approach these old encounters.

Cons:
-Could be time consuming if more then 2 guilds show up.

-Less geared players would not typically get to participate.

-If multiple targets spawn at once, could get a little weird. (I would just have it that a guild already engaged on a target can not bid on a newly spawned target.

Of course this system would have its fair share of problems but I think this is a different and interesting idea on how to raid.

Let the flames begin!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:19 AM
Banned

I couldnt read the whole thing, the only viable option is for guild leaders to random for everything
Old 02-10-2016, 02:22 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

small group kills are really fun, that being said i never understand why people make these posts about how the game should be changed so drastically. if you don't like zergs, you're playing the wrong game/xpack. everquest and especially velious is a game that rewards large guilds, and there are already disadvantages to zerging such as having to spread loot thinner (a balancing act between player counts opening up new content and allowing for more targets to be hit per week)

if you want to experience small guild raids like this, i'd highly recommend rolling a character on red and joining one of the resistance guilds like casual scum, or forming a crew of your own. there's targets up all the time that a group of 15-20 could take out even without gear. no need to change the entire rules of the game to have these kinds of encounters ya feel?

could also try out a burning crusade or wotlk era WoW server and do some 25 man raids with 15 for the same kind of feel. used to do that a lot, was really the only way to make that game even remotely challenging.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:02 AM
Kobold

Not sure if that's trolling. This is a terrible idea.
How do you tell your guildmates to sit on the bench? Sorry, but you are going to sit out and not play so we can have fun.
What about raid composition? You would optimize everything. Goodbye rangers, paladins, shadow knights, enchanters on most fights (bring back chanters in Kael). Let's throw 6 warriors, a couple bards, 10 clerics and 10 rogues at everything.
How does a guild ever get super easy mobs like Dain or LTK versus guilds with primals and ToV gear?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ht=solo+artist

Kind of like the Raider's Challenge to Loraen's thread here lol.

It would cause guilds to be even more clique than before, not sure how well it would work out. Concept is cool though. Maybe make a group challenge lol.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

my idea:
FTE means you get an attempt. If you drop FTE you concede for 1/1. This would encourage guilds to either clear trash or fail. Basically if you plan on getting FTE you better be attempting the target. I know this would be problematic for areas with multiple mobs providing FTEs(triplets come to mind) but the idea could pan out
Old 02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Kobold

I'm also just imagining: "Alright, while you two guilds are going back-and-forth bidding on the sidelines, we're going to go ahead and get FTE."
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my idea:
FTE means you get an attempt. If you drop FTE you concede for 1/1. This would encourage guilds to either clear trash or fail. Basically if you plan on getting FTE you better be attempting the target. I know this would be problematic for areas with multiple mobs providing FTEs(triplets come to mind) but the idea could pan out
Pretty reasonable idea if you ask me. It would encourage more guilds to attempt mobs too, or at least wait for other guilds to DQ themselves before attempting. You'd probably want to amend a time limit on that concession though, like 1 hour before they can make another FTE, that way the hard mobs don't get left up indefinitely if a couple guilds wipe right away and smaller guilds just don't have what it takes to kill them.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Yeah that's what I meant by the 1/1 Ravager (one attempt/one hour). In the case of multiple guilds racing (>2) you'd have to just wait out an hour after an FTE shout and subsequent failure
Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

This would require gentlemen to play here.
Closed Thread