Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

If I ever manage to get my first goblin, I don't have time to manage 14 hour windows. This is a ridiculous premise that will only work for those that can play all day.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Kobold

I really like my other suggestion here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=22

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

why cant staff get creative here. There are several things on this server that aren't classic due to some reasoning behind it.

why not just flip flop the timers for shady and angry. that way the same amount of rings will be going onto the server as it did on live. While dealing with most of the issues here.

then for icing on the cake, all they need to do on the shady is add a invisible npc with no name that despawns 10? 30 seconds? Before the shady goblin spawns and doesn't go back for say 10 minutes.

this will 100% make is so people cant autofire / afk + autofire / just show up for welfare pixels and make doing the quest earned as it should be.

but requires a majority of the server to back it to get the staff to implement it.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Banned

I think this is a great idea
Old 02-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever manage to get my first goblin, I don't have time to manage 14 hour windows. This is a ridiculous premise that will only work for those that can play all day.
i can really only play all day on Saturdays. the thing with the list is if you miss it then you get bumped back to the top of the list for the next spawn. so eventually you will get your shot. if you cant make it then someone near the top of the list will be there to get it.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Seems to me this is one of those parts of the game that screams to the GMs to be made non-classical.

I haven't even googled what loot you guys are trying to score, but I would cheer if you got a 3 hour pop for your goblin instead of 3 days.

(P.S. auto correct tried to make my "I would cheer..." come out as "I would cyber...".
I'm not quite that invested.)
Old 02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(P.S. auto correct tried to make my "I would cheer..." come out as "I would cyber...".
I'm not quite that invested.)
I am that invested [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Sure the first 10, 20, maybe 30 or even 50 people might agree but when there's 100+ people waiting the majority of people are going to agree to wait almost a year instead of taking their chances? Really doubt it

This would be a big incentive not to agree to or honor a shady goblin roll if you had low or decent ping. Someone could take their chances with a roll and possibly finish the quest a few years from now or they could compete, possibly win after a couple tries, and get a guaranteed angry goblin in a month or two and works towards the rest.

edit: Just saw the shady goblin variance post, first part still applies. Fortunately we just had 40 threads about how great competition for BIS loot is for P99. Said angry in first edit but meant shady. Stupid ass shady angry goblin names.
Last edited by Triiz; 02-12-2019 at 01:05 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure the first 10, 20, maybe 30 or even 50 people might agree but when there's 100+ people waiting the majority of people are going to agree to wait almost a year instead of taking their chances? Really doubt it

This would be a big incentive not to agree to or honor a shady goblin roll if you had low or decent ping. Someone could take their chances with a roll and possibly finish the quest a few years from now or they could compete, possibly win after a couple tries, and get a guaranteed angry goblin in a month or two and works towards the rest.
This. Infinitely long lists demoralize everyone. Scout works because everyone has a fresh chance every time. A short list where everyone has a chance to get slot #3 (because that's how long the max list length is) or something like that might also work, but I just don't see anyone liking a system where they're #89 in line (even if there were in fact 88 people in front of them). It might be the most fair system, but it doesn't seem viable for this server. Fairness in the form of an equal roll seems far more viable.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

my theory is there wont be 88 people at the spawn because not everyone can be around for it. position 88 with 87 people who are unavailable could get his turn in next.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Infinitely long lists demoralize everyone. Scout works because everyone has a fresh chance every time. A short list where everyone has a chance to get slot #3 (because that's how long the max list length is) or something like that might also work, but I just don't see anyone liking a system where they're #89 in line (even if there were in fact 88 people in front of them). It might be the most fair system, but it doesn't seem viable for this server. Fairness in the form of an equal roll seems far more viable.
Good point. My vote is that shady and angry should both be roll
Closed Thread