Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you not able to do the quest as is? I'd be surprised if your faction with them from day 1 isn't sufficient
No I’m not - when I tell Lumi Stergnon that I want to be an acolyte of peace he tells me I haven’t proven myself enough yet and the next part of the quest (apparently getting a bone chips box?) won’t engage.

Same with the Bandit head lad - not worthy enough yet, quest won’t engage
Old 02-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I’m not - when I tell Lumi Stergnon that I want to be an acolyte of peace he tells me I haven’t proven myself enough yet and the next part of the quest (apparently getting a bone chips box?) won’t engage.

Same with the Bandit head lad - not worthy enough yet, quest won’t engage
Hmm weird I didn't know that was a thing for those quests for an Erudite. Figured any non-evil Erudite should be able to do them. I recommend going on the NPC's page on the wiki, it will say what factions they are a part of and you can click those factions and see what you can do to raise them.

At level 8, you get Alliance which you can cast on them to boost your faction standing with them temporarily which should allow you to do the turn in.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm weird I didn't know that was a thing for those quests for an Erudite. Figured any non-evil Erudite should be able to do them. I recommend going on the NPC's page on the wiki, it will say what factions they are a part of and you can click those factions and see what you can do to raise them.

At level 8, you get Alliance which you can cast on them to boost your faction standing with them temporarily which should allow you to do the turn in.
Cool - thanks for the tip! 😎
Old 02-22-2020, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

I wouldn't do qeynos as a chanter, like cd288 said no tiny daggers plus you're so far away from highkeep to get your new pets and there is almost never anyone porting near that area.

Also don't underestimate what a max level animation can do for you, it will let you solo or duo with any class at a pretty fast pace and stay relevant until level 29 at least.

Charming is very tedious with the low mana pool/cha you get on green, you pretty much need a group to babysit you.

Personally I did Gfay on my chanter since Im a high elf, it was a smooth ride all along, you are still far from highkeep but at least finding a porter is very easy, and you can beg for free ports as a first character people are cool on green. Also crushbone is very good money if you sell some belts/shoulderpads.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Little strat to help with enc animation soloing most probably already know.. if you don’t want to risk taking hits, root mob and run around it. Then when pet paths by the mob will attack it. Good way to avoid hits/HTs etc with dumb pet.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

How does Qeynos not have tiny daggers? That's effed up
Old 02-23-2020, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Charming with low charisma isnt easy, but when you hit 50(+) you'll be a better enchanter for it <3
Old 02-23-2020, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't do qeynos as a chanter, like cd288 said no tiny daggers plus you're so far away from highkeep to get your new pets and there is almost never anyone porting near that area.

Also don't underestimate what a max level animation can do for you, it will let you solo or duo with any class at a pretty fast pace and stay relevant until level 29 at least.

Charming is very tedious with the low mana pool/cha you get on green, you pretty much need a group to babysit you.

Personally I did Gfay on my chanter since Im a high elf, it was a smooth ride all along, you are still far from highkeep but at least finding a porter is very easy, and you can beg for free ports as a first character people are cool on green. Also crushbone is very good money if you sell some belts/shoulderpads.
For ports you can just run to NK and send tells to Druids or Wizards. Most will happily come pick you up if you tell them youre at the ring/spires and offering a tip
Old 02-24-2020, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scythe, halberd or 2h sword... the mecca for pets at low levels. Check vendors if you need an extra 1-2
Pro tip for min-maxers: sharpen that rusty Halberd and it'll increase the damage from 10 to 11 for maximum pet carnage. Sharpening stone costs a couple coppers.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does Qeynos not have tiny daggers? That's effed up
There was a rumor that a vendor in Qeynos had them, and there was one player who was convinced he bought some there; I forget which board he posted on, maybe stratics.

Sadly, he never provided proof.

But yeah, it's one of the absurd things that the "classic!" neckbeards insist on.