Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Default Canni Dancing with fungi, regen, etc.

Is it still worth it? I just got my canni and want to develop good habits buuuutt..

I have fungi, Regen spell, troll regen, and GCD reset - is it still worth canni dancing with these stacking benefits or is it just better to spam canni with GCD reset and just get the offset in meditate regen close to hp regen so they both are almost at 100% by the time you decide to move onto the next target?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it still worth it? I just got my canni and want to develop good habits buuuutt..

I have fungi, Regen spell, troll regen, and GCD reset - is it still worth canni dancing with these stacking benefits or is it just better to spam canni with GCD reset and just get the offset in meditate regen close to hp regen so they both are almost at 100% by the time you decide to move onto the next target?

Thanks!
Yes, canni dancing is worth it until you get Torpor. Its been a while since I was sub 60, but I am pretty sure I still used it until I got Torpor.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Either im not doing it right, or doing it too fast, it just seems the difference is marginal /shrug
Old 01-06-2022, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

It's demonstrable faster mana, in a game with very few ways to speed up mana recovery. That being said, it's not at all required to be a successful shaman, and you can opt not to do it and be fine.

If you want to do it though, it just comes down to getting the timing right. P99's "ticks" are a little off relative to live ticks (or something like that; someone else can likely explain it better).

The gist is you have to wait a second after your mana recovers before you stand to cannibalize.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's demonstrable faster mana, in a game with very few ways to speed up mana recovery. That being said, it's not at all required to be a successful shaman, and you can opt not to do it and be fine.

If you want to do it though, it just comes down to getting the timing right. P99's "ticks" are a little off relative to live ticks (or something like that; someone else can likely explain it better).

The gist is you have to wait a second after your mana recovers before you stand to cannibalize.
Agreed, I saw a video online where it was explained perfectly and I followed that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X9to2YdoUM

My issue is that I get the server tick and because of my latency/client tick, it goes like this:

step 1: the tick occurs and hp goes from 100 to 115
step 2: a millisecond later the hp goes to 109 and sits there
step 3: the next tick occurs and reverts back to step 1.

So should I expect to land 2 canni's within 6 seconds, or just one every 6 seconds?
Additionally, should I just wait until step 2 in the example above happens?
Old 01-06-2022, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either im not doing it right, or doing it too fast, it just seems the difference is marginal /shrug
It is indeed marginal. DSM is a person who chases that last few per cent as a matter of temperament. It's exceedingly rare that the slight additional mana regen will matter much, especially if you already have a fungus tunic. You want to know how to canni-dance for those rare few bad pulls where you actually need to do it. Most the time doing that simply means you're doing a lot more work for no benefit since you aren't out of mana in either case.

Danth
Old 01-06-2022, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, that video is doing canni dance wrong. Thats why you arent getting good mana back.

Trying to canni dance EVERY tick is almost impossible due to the slight delays in net traffic. Half of the time you are missing the tick anyway. Canni dance every OTHER tick, so your client has enough time to catch up. Otherwise it is too hard to tell.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

I found a post I wrote on this earlier:

The numbers you see on the client are not always accurate when cannibalizing, and you need to wait another few seconds for the numbers to correct themselves.

When you initiate canni dancing, just wait until your mana number has changed. It doesn't matter if the number is correct. Once you see the change, you are in between ticks now.

The numbers do sometimes change in between ticks while cannibalizing, which can make it difficult to determine when the tick is. This is why I usually canni dance every other tick. When you initially see the number change, do the dance. You will then probably see the number change again relatively quickly. That is the numbers being corrected between what the server knows your mana is, and what your client thinks your mana is. If you canni dance every other tick, you should see the numbers calm down first, before the next change occurs.

I made this macro a little while ago to help with canni dancing every other tick. This macro will allow you to canni twice within 6 seconds. This means you are still getting the numbers for a canni dance every tick, but you can do the easier strategy of dancing every other tick. This macro will not work for Canni 4, due to it's longer casting time.

/stand
/pause 1
/pause 21, /cast 1
/pause 21, /cast 1
/sit

This macros DOES require a global cooldown refresh item, such as https://wiki.project1999.com/Spyglass . This macro DOES require canni to be in the top most spell slot. The top most spell slot acts a bit differently than the other 7 spell slots. You can use a global cooldown refresh item to make the spell clickable again, even while it's recast time cooldown is occuring.

When you see your mana numbers change, hit this macro. You will stand and cast canni for the first time. As soon as the first canni is finished, activate the spyglass.

The easiest way to do this is to bind your macro to a key such as the number 1, and bind the clickie to the next number, such as number 2. Press 1, wait for the first canni to finish, then press 2.

That will refresh the global cooldown, and the macro will cast canni a second time. Then you will sit down. This will all happen in under 6 seconds. Then you can basically wait until the numbers calm down, and canni every other tick.

EDIT: For best results, watch your HP numbers in the INVENTORY screen (or mana numbers if your UI shows it) rather than the percentage bar at the top. That will give you a more accurate picture of when the tick occurred, as the percentages may not always increase every tick, depending on your max hp/mana.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-06-2022 at 11:54 PM..
Old 01-07-2022, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

I made a quick video to hopefully illustrate how I do it in a fairly straightforward manner. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K7oSx2vplg
Old 01-07-2022, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, canni dancing is worth it until you get Torpor.
This is waaaaay too much try hard. I stopped canni dancing in my 40's. It is clearly the way to go if you are stoned out of your mind and do things without realizing you're doing them. But just chill on the dance when you can. You will be saner for it
Closed Thread