Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Default Lets talk numbers.

I figured what we could do is give Rogean an estimate of what we as the population can afford in donations to help support the fight against DDOS Attackers and have a legit server, or whatever we need in order to cure the issues.

Please feel free to leave a monitary amount that you can afford. If you would like to leave it annonymous, please private message me, and at the end I will tally it all up.

I can donate $10.

Thank you Devs for rezzing Classic EQ
Last edited by Dac321; 04-07-2010 at 12:11 AM..
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

$10. cash is tight atm.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Orc

$50 hands down. The only problem I see with this kind of thing is, there is a difference between people saying they will put down cash, and actually putting down cash. This may not be a good comparison as I am pretty drunk, but it's the kind of thing where there is an accident and nobody calls 911 because they will assume someone else is already calling 911; we all say we are putting down cash, but when we see how many other people are going to pay, we back out. idk if they made sense but oh well.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by harojaro91 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$50 hands down. The only problem I see with this kind of thing is, there is a difference between people saying they will put down cash, and actually putting down cash. This may not be a good comparison as I am pretty drunk, but it's the kind of thing where there is an accident and nobody calls 911 because they will assume someone else is already calling 911; we all say we are putting down cash, but when we see how many other people are going to pay, we back out. idk if they made sense but oh well.
We all want P99 to suceed, and thrive well. In order for this to happen, we need to lean back real quick and think. How much can I truely afford? If its $0, it doesn't matter. Your support by being on the forums/irc is worth a fortune. For those that can afford a donation, think wisely and put down something you know you can AFFORD.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Before this starts to mean something, Rog needs to figure out how to prevent the DDOS from crippling the server. Need a $$$ figure to shoot for.

I could afford $10. Or $5 per month in donations? Depends. I don't see myself, even if the server worked, playing for more than a month or at most two. Even on live I can't stomach more than two months.

This gets old. Last time I was here DDOS attacks brought server down and combined with how I felt about some things I left to play on live. So 3 months or so I'm back and server has been hit again. I can't say I'm surprised.

At first I was like "Classic is kind of boring. I mean stats don't mean anything. It's just a linear walk from 1 to 50. Why am I here?" But then I got to play my druid and forgot all that. It was fun. Most of the fun is just being useful to others and helping them. And it doesn't have to be linear 1 to 50. Get a few people together and nothing stops you from going to less populated zones that have less ZEM. It's about adventure with friends.

Of course, I played in 1999 so I have some perspective. 1) I don't rush. 2) I don't twink my alts 3) I know that it's the adventure and the friends that matter most 4) I twink other players 5) Don't obsess ZEM and min/max.
Last edited by stormlord; 04-07-2010 at 01:01 AM..
Old 04-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Banned

the servers arent really getting attacked. Rogean took them down for his 2 week vacation to the Bahamas thanks to you nerds who paid for it. jesus. go go p1999

edit- im a nerd and that was sarcasm lol ^^
Last edited by jkfranklin; 04-07-2010 at 01:36 AM..
Old 04-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Aviak

Stop talking about what you could give and just give it. I sent my $10 today, just do it and give the man some options.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Banned

P1999 is no more.

Game over man, GAME OVER.

Time for a new game.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to Beef

WTf is with the vid Eff?
Closed Thread