Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Aviak

Default New Player : Informing others and mentioning individuals for their help.

Just wanted to inform everyone there are really helpful people on this server Red99. What I mean by helpful is: Players devoted their time , finances (In game money only), and or both to help a new player with his adventurers. For those of you that happen to be new players also. I can not promise you all will recieve help from these players I am about to list ,but I can say if you see me on I would like to help you if I can and repay it foward.

Some shouts out to some who have helped me recently.

1) Andain - Gave me a few pieces of gear to help me out. Also gave me spell money and spent a good half hour of his time buffing and healing me. So I could get that last level for my new spells!

2) Samwise -Advertising and creating groups for us lowbies - He ported to Kunark, ran across 4 zones just to pick me up to group with people. He also buffed me and the group multiple times. He provided not only transportation for this lone iksar , but for the entire group as well. Further more, he had to literally babysit me with invis just to get me to the zone to group.

3) Renian - Upon stumbling on a small figure near a shore close to my home... There was this kind person to give some of her or his time. To help a noobie with a quest mob. The noobie left not only with a quest piece , but a really nice item given to him as well.

4) Saidin - Offered buffs to all noobies via ooc and said he would come to them... I snickered for a second knowing my home was the longest journey to get to. I sent him a tell.... Sure enough like a pony express ( bite size hence pony not horse , he is small) he zipped down to provide me with some nice buffs despite where I was located.

5) Hughman - Went down to the very dirty hole of a Kaesora with me. Played bodyguard as he layed waste to monsters that would eat me alive. He did so just to help me get a quest piece for some armor. When offered money. He refused (multiple of times)

6) Noah - This guy literally made my eyes light up... When he decided to give me 200 plat for 4 stacks of bonechips...

7) Cwall - I was alone trying to tackle some exiled frogloks. All of sudden the silence of the zone was greeted with a Hello! I didn't fear what was about to come. Thinking I was going to get ganked or griefed. What I least expected was a guy willing to pull the entire zone for me multiple times. Just so I could get a quest piece when asked for help.

8) GM Sirken - For reinbursing a quest item that got eaten. As well as prompt service on all petitions I have ever sent in.

~ These are the nice people I have encountered so far while playing on this server. Perhaps this thread may continue on and you can add your own list of people you encountered being helpful. Regardless ....New players and old should know there are some truly helpful people on red99.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Banned

Hoping to start a mage since I am bored of my lv 22 bard. At what levels do image pets get epic?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

mage pets get good at 49 with focus

nice story btw
Old 02-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Helping people is like a form of welfare. If you help them they will never help themselves. This is Obama's America. That's why I never help anyone ever. Sometimes when I see old ladies in the street I push them into traffic, then sexor their flattened corpses.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Kobold

There is certainly some real helpful people on this server. Saidin comes to mind. He's always out running through the newbie zones and around crush bone buffing people. I've been given good deals on items, buffs, and a couple rezs from various players to help me out.. It all depends who you come across. Its appreciated from a new players stand point. I don't have much to give myself but I've found myself giving out plat and what little items I have to new players. Everything helps and some people who have been 60 for a while don't remember what it was like, or don't know what its like to start on the server with limited people to play with.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Orc

I wish I had thought to snag the druids name who buffed me in Tox, puttering around on an Erud cleric... the buffs were such a blessing lol! Saidin has also caught me with some drive by buffs, truly appreciated.

I wouldn't accept items/plat, while the thoughtfullness is nice it does kinda make me feel like a welfare bum! I prefer getting my own goods... although I do miss the 'plat on a rat' days. That was a fun way of offering help to newbies, would be lovely if that capability was in again. (Sorry, surfing at work and interupted several times trying to respond... hence slightly scattered response!)
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

You forgot grammer, I hear that bro gives buffs and free ports to lowbies. Or so I heard.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

yeah man, hope to see you around!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hoping to start a mage since I am bored of my lv 22 bard. At what levels do image pets get epic?
Is that you, Forest?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Large Bat

I have to say that everyone I met so far has been real nice. A few higher levels threw me some buffs in the innothule swamp and a big shoutout to Iuckly for some buffs and a sweet elf basher!
Closed Thread