Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

By far the best soloing class was an Enchanter in PoP.

Dire Charm however was useless and only a tool to be used in PoEarth A / PoAir, or by bad Enchanters everywhere.

In PoP the level 64 Charm spell (Command of Druzzil) allows Enchanters to charm mobs up to level 64. This means basically in every zone (excluding Time, Earth A/B, Air) there was a viable charm pet that could destroy the content.

Coupled with their tash, 70% slow, Pacify up to level 65, Mez up to level 68, and AAs like Gather Mana (instant full mana recovery) and Eldritch Rune (instant 1.5k self rune) plus their new spell line Arcane Rune (no reagent self 1.5k Rune)... there was almost no group content they couldn't solo in PoP.

Pair the enchanter with a Cleric to CH the pet every other fight or stun the pet on a charm break and you have the most powerful two box team in PoP.

Nothing else comes close.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Orc

Unrelated - Tecmos, when are you going to add more videos?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By far the best soloing class was an Enchanter in PoP.

Dire Charm however was useless and only a tool to be used in PoEarth A / PoAir, or by bad Enchanters everywhere.

In PoP the level 64 Charm spell (Command of Druzzil) allows Enchanters to charm mobs up to level 64. This means basically in every zone (excluding Time, Earth A/B, Air) there was a viable charm pet that could destroy the content.

Coupled with their tash, 70% slow, Pacify up to level 65, Mez up to level 68, and AAs like Gather Mana (instant full mana recovery) and Eldritch Rune (instant 1.5k self rune) plus their new spell line Arcane Rune (no reagent self 1.5k Rune)... there was almost no group content they couldn't solo in PoP.

Pair the enchanter with a Cleric to CH the pet every other fight or stun the pet on a charm break and you have the most powerful two box team in PoP.

Nothing else comes close.
Two manning The Diaku Overseer for those sweet sweet runes in early PoP was where it was at.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastionleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards quadding fire tables caused the exp share across long distances to be nerfed IIRC. One would quad fire tables, with others quadding in other parts of fire, able to get a 6 man group all soloing and get the full group exp bonus.
Totally unrelated to the OP's question, but fire tables was one of my favorite camps ever on my druid. Stop sneaking up on me nostalgia!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Bards doing swarm kite charming in PoN at Nightstalkers was elite. Didn't see that mentioned here.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Depends what you're after. My take from EQ of this era on live (likely differs from TLP).

Exp wise. graveyards removed most of the risk of AE kiting and charm killing:
Bards AE kiting PoValor is King.
Necros did well in CoD.
Enchanters could do well in most zones.
Druids did well in PoTactics and HoH.

Money wise, it really depends on the economy and how top-heavy the server is. I can't imagine most items fetching a decent buck if you can run multiple instances for every different character ala TLP.

Most of the stuff that I remember being worth good money in PoP was way the fuck out of the way from anywhere 65s wanted to exp. The exception was E-Plane Bows and crafted E-plane armor. I'd be very surprised if these retained value on a top heavy server. There's a ton of good items from PoP that don't end up being worth dick because of supply. BoT minis, Piglet/Overseer, random zone drops like Wingblade, etc.

Necros could make a killing farming the mouth in Torment for Putrescent Blood for Ceramic Shackles.

If geared enough, an SK (and for most of this stuff, a paladin) can solo old raid mobs fairly easily. Trakanon has some useful BP clicks, some Dragon Haste/Scales still fetch a decent buck from twinks and bards. Tribute in GoD helps this. But most importantly, Divine Intervention was the most expensive spell in PoP. It's a required spell where there aren't many copies entering the market and 15% of the population are clerics. Compare DI to Torpor here and then realize people are actively killing Torpor-dropping mobs here. You won't be able to solo VP (NPC regen > your shitty dps), but you can trio it with a cleric and a DPS.

With CoS + FD, 65 necro or SK is going to be mobile enough and strong enough to farm a variety of CT nameds at once. FT3 Boots, Mosquito Leg Earring, Shield of Striding, etc. were all worth a lot of dough.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Druids were boss in PoStorms. Charmed frogs could wreck trash and named mobs. Solo it was fantastic EXP, duo or trio with enchanter/Cleric you could do all the mini named, add 1-2 more charmed frogs and another Cleric and you could do the Giant lords/froglok/turkeybee scripts.

Fun fact, wurms in VP were charmable with CoD and could Pacification all of the trash.

So a 65 Enchanter with one of the 1500 hitting wurm pet, weaponized and hasted crushed through 32k Dragons even with 1k HP regen. But if Charm breaks you're done.

When I boxed on Al'Kabor I made a ton of money from farming EP Tradeskill stuff and the odd ball stuff like Putrescent Bloods (BA was bugged on AK until the last year of the server so almost 0 of those ceramics existed before I started farming them). PoWater was always great because everyone else was afraid of the zone so it was always empty and it has some of the best TS stuff. Best Plate/Chain armor, 2nd best bow (Fire parses better), Mana Pres4 Ceramic.

Ornate Leg molds always held their value because of how rare they were from the mobs that dropped them. Got lucky and grabbed two Ornate Greaves back to back one day and made bank on them.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Yes, camping Gaukr dropping pants was $
Ssepticbank - Trader <Azure Guard>
Closed Thread