Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Skeleton

Also, Dragon Necropolis is a close second for hardest dungeon.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Banned

Is it though? Im not arguing, im asking.

What group-able content is difficult to obtain there, vs what is just impossible to obtain because its just not 'groupable' unless you've been farming velious for a few years?

I have gotten that snake a few times with like 5 or 6 people, with 1 person kiting the zone around etc, i would say that is hard becuse you have to learn the strategy to do it.

But most people I know can pull that snake to the zoneline by themselves somehow, idk.

But those rats were easy to farm, with little threat really. Tons of safe spots to camp out rezzers and stuff too make me kind of on the fence for this one (there is also a safe spot in SG infront of the castle to do this, there is none in west that I could find or east of HS...

idk i still think pound for pound HS is a harder dungeon, its lower level than SG for sure, and DN, but I could be convinced because of lack of experience in DN that DN may be harder, idk.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic it was rare on rallos zek that anyone ever went inside the mistmoore castle, idk if that was the way it was on other servers but as soon as you set foot in there everyone around you was dead.
Exactly the same on Tallon Zek if I remember right. That place was a death trap. I've only been able to see the whole thing on P99.

Dalnir has my vote. I still have a lot left to see in the game. HS for one. I always rolled evil so I never wanted to trash my OT faction on live.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Blackburrow, when we wore patchwork. Before the walls fell. Hodor.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

To add to the SG-fiesta and toss a bone to any Kedge supporters.

Live EQ's water mechanics were a shitload worse compared to P99. You didn't see shit in water unless you skimmed the top of the water or used the rear-view inventory window.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Regarding Dalnir, it's tough, but doable. Breaking the camps and figuring out a strategy is the hard part. It mostly overwhelms people due to their lack of experience with it.

For the casters downstairs, any party with two fast melees can handle these if they know how. On my monk, duo'd the whole bottom floor (aside from boss, because screw that) in low 40's (mobs were blue). If you dual wield and stand right on the casters' toes, you can push them back and interrupt their casting. When they don't get spells off, they don't hit hard enough to be a threat. We kept up that duo pulling nonstop for about four hours, and both got a crescent set (legs take the longest to drop).

The casters are the hardest part about the zone, so it's all about having a counter for them.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

If we are going by level appropriateness:

Mid-level: Dalnir by far. So many casters. So many SKs with HT. Only way out is to deeper in, where Kly Overseer will beat the snot out of you. However, you can invis through pretty easily. But if we are talking level-appropriate group, Dalnir is never done for a good reason.

Honorable mention of Paw. Lots of casters and healers with intense mob density once you get past the double door. There's safe pull areas, but very difficult zone. A mid 30s group could probably do just fine, but it'd be difficult. If you forget to snare a mob, your group is dead

High-level: Siren's Grotto. Not talking about zone in areas (which are no cake walk), but farther in, the sirens. Single pulling is impossible. If you want to clear the temple area, you need at least 3-4 well equipped groups. On live, we used to do it as a guild to farm BP gems and we were a competent raid guild. One bad pull and we would have severe issues, even with 5-6 groups. It was bad. Charming mobs and trash mobs that AE for 500 with dispell.

Dragon Necropolis gets honorable mention, because of the chetari caves. A single group could certainly do this, but it's not easy. Tons of mobs in a small area. Traps are annoying.

Howling stones is not even in the same league as DN and SG. A single SG trash mob could probably take out Drusella and could possibly solo most camps there.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mid-level: Dalnir by far. So many casters. So many SKs with HT. Only way out is to deeper in, where Kly Overseer will beat the snot out of you. However, you can invis through pretty easily. But if we are talking level-appropriate group, Dalnir is never done for a good reason.
I think the main reason why it's never done is lack of interest. Why bother when there are giants right next door that are easier, closer to vendors, and drop more plat? Crescent set is no drop, and there aren't many other useful drops in the zone. It's mostly monk and necromancer stuff, and is totally optional on both counts. Even if you get a valuable drop, it'll probably take longer to drop than a greater amount of plat from giants.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the main reason why it's never done is lack of interest. Why bother when there are giants right next door that are easier, closer to vendors, and drop more plat? Crescent set is no drop, and there aren't many other useful drops in the zone. It's mostly monk and necromancer stuff, and is totally optional on both counts. Even if you get a valuable drop, it'll probably take longer to drop than a greater amount of plat from giants.
That adds to it, but level-appropriate wise, I don't think a mid 30s group could progress deep into Dalnir too easily
Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That adds to it, but level-appropriate wise, I don't think a mid 30s group could progress deep into Dalnir too easily
Probably not. A mid 30's group could handle the first and second floors just fine, and part of the third floor if they were careful. Beyond that point, things get rougher, but are still doable if there's an enchanter, two fast melee, and a healer in the group. Like I said, fast melees can keep the casters from getting spells off.

On the other hand, if you can break them and get these guys going, you're set. The final area of the third floor doesn't have too many roamers. Actually, everything up to that point has worse roamers than that final section.

Mid 30's group has no chance against the final boss, though. The most successful strategy against him is to keep him from getting his melee attack off. That ain't happening with a mid 30's group vs a level 42 wizard.

Regarding difficulty, I don't know of a harder dungeon in this level range, so I suppose it does take the cake. But it's not impossible.
Last edited by easy_lee; 07-06-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Closed Thread