Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Default Velious Weapon Hate Chart??

I've stumbled across this chart a few times while researching warrior hate generation weapons : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...FEendhdWs/edit

It's been a great resource for me so far as my guild (Auld Lang Syne) hasn't tackled a lot of velious stuff yet. I was wondering if anyone had done the leg work to create one of these charts that includes velious weapons as well. I'd like to figure out what I should work towards. For reference I'm using Scimitar of the Ykesha and Trochilic's Skean which will last me a good while I think.
Last edited by ScruffMacBuff; 07-17-2017 at 01:48 PM..
Old 07-18-2017, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

That chart isn't accurate. 1 poison counter is worth about 300 hate. Proc on blade of the black dragon eye is quoted at 750 hate - but the proc has 3 poison counters (900 hate) on top of the threat from the damage portion of the spell.

Velious aggro weapons outside of high high end raiding are basically limited to:

Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine: 4 poison counters, blind, debuff

Infestation: 3 poison counters + very small damage

Frostbringer: DD + debuff

Of those three, WESS >> infestation >> frostbringer in terms of threat. The strength of the proc on WESS makes it arguably the best weapon for raw hate in the game - estimated at somewhere north of 1600 hate per proc.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-18-2017, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Replace SSOY with a Frostbringe (faction up with giants and collect giant heads while doing so).

Or, when ALS is ready for DN crawls, find a WESS and/or Infestation.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Aviak

If we ever get a frostbringer in ALS it will be a good ways away simply due to the faction needed. Tormax right? As far as Infestation goes, is Vilefang harder than the wiki makes him look? If not then we could certainly kill him if we made it down there, but the trip might be the hardest part.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

I'm also skeptical of the accuracy of that chart for this server. Rune III generates a lot of hate, but almost as much as Tepid Deeds? Anecdotally, just based on my experience casting both spells during fights as an Enchanter, I find that hard to believe.

If a WESS or Infestation isn't practical for you to obtain, the proc on Infestation is identical to Scorpikis Claw Impaler, although the ratio on the Impaler is a lot worse.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we ever get a frostbringer in ALS it will be a good ways away simply due to the faction needed. Tormax right?
Not that hard by farming dorf heads. Note: according to the wiki, this quest does not tank dorf faction, so you could potentially farm up hundreds of heads, then correct your dorf faction, and then turn the heads in (easier with sneak) and as a result be allied to both dorfs and giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as Infestation goes, is Vilefang harder than the wiki makes him look? If not then we could certainly kill him if we made it down there, but the trip might be the hardest part.
Vilefang is easy. It's even easier if you have more than one tank because off-tanking the adds was a lot easier than splitting them (lolblind). The hard parts are getting to his room and actually finding him up.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Aviak

The chart was actually created for this server but before Velious launched, hence the lack of Velious era weapons.

It's hard to confirm the accuracy of the chart but it's at least close enough for a casual like myself. All they did for testing was attack until you got a proc and then had another individual swing until they took aggro back. So some of the numbers may be somewhat rough.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd love to see an updated chart with all the Velious high end weapons added in and how they compare to the easier to obtain weapons in Velious and Kunark(mainly VP) weapons.

I'm constantly switching my weapon around now and trying to figure out what should be on my "must obtain" list going forward.

The hard parts for Vilefang are surviving the tunnel to get to him, and splitting the snakes. The actual fight is rather trivial.

As for giant faction... If you want to stay friendly with dwarves my route involved mass slaughter of nest dragons in Western Wastes. After enough time you'll get your Kromzek faction up. Once at that point you can farm on another character or buy dwarf heads to hand them and raise Kromrif and Tormax factions without dwarf faction ever being hurt. Although should note handing in a greater dragon head for a Frostbringer WILL hurt your Dain faction.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Where would a Wavecrasher fall in this chart? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. I'm currently using Infestation on MH and WESS on off. I've been thinking of getting a Wavecrasher or Blade of the Black Dragon eye to replace the Infestation due to Warriors cap Pierce at 240 skill. What would be the optimal threat set outside of ToV/VP?
Old 09-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Tserrina's Whip in TOFS is great and easily obtainable
Closed Thread