Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

hosting over 100 websites/online services with about 200 end users. can't just power cycle my 'modem'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Orc

Recently (I want to say after the patch but I think it started shortly before that) I have experienced a series of disconnects, which never happened before. I have had maybe two or three disconnects since I started in December, but for the last couple of days I can't play for longer than an hour before I get disconnected and get locked out for who knows how long. Nothing has changed on my side setup-wise.

Edit: Should have read the post about rebooting the modem (router), looks like at least I can log in again now.
Last edited by Nephazz; 02-28-2014 at 10:11 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

I'm having these exact same issues - at first it started with the same thing everyone else is saying; constant zone crashes, high ms, 5-6 login attempts before success, blank char screen, saying spell files are out of date etc.

As of two nights ago, I can no longer log in at all. It takes about 10 tries before I can even get to the server select, and then once I do, I get constant "unknown error while trying to join the server". I haven't been able to play for two days and I'm itching bad
Old 03-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Skeleton

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As of two nights ago, I can no longer log in at all. It takes about 10 tries before I can even get to the server select, and then once I do, I get constant "unknown error while trying to join the server". I haven't been able to play for two days and I'm itching bad
Started having this exact issue as well. I cannot login at all with PC or Mac. My internet (Verizon ISP) is working fine for everything else, even the P99 and EQEmulator websites/forums, have done reboots/resets etc. still can't get in game except 1 rare time I managed.

What's really odd is if I purposely mistype my password when trying to login, I will typically still get the "A connection to the server cannot be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online." message. However, once in awhile it will correctly say "DB error - invalid password." So some data is getting through still? Very confused here.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:38 AM
Banned

stop tabbing out
Old 03-06-2014, 02:38 AM
Large Bat

I have Time Warner, and it runs great for everything. I've been playing on P1999 for two months and have never experienced any issues.

Until last night. I began crashing every time I zoned. It got to the point where I could no longer log in, being met with blank server screens, unknown errors, out of date spell files, to finally being able to hit "Enter World" only for it to crash after loading.

As it stands the game is absolutely unplayable. I have made no changes to my internet settings, or anything for that matter, to cause these issues. As stated by someone before, I logged off and went to bed one night with everything running as it should, went to work the next the next day and came home and logged in, only to have a completely unplayable experience.

That unplayable experience is still happening sadly.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auronis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, once in awhile it will correctly say "DB error - invalid password." So some data is getting through still? Very confused here.
If I am not getting the "unknown error" I will get the "DB error - invalid password", even with the correct password, so that doesn't really say anything.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

there was a day I was on and eqemu was very slow loading.. and I have Verizon Home Fusion 4G LTE 10mb down 5 or 6 up it started happening recently...And I actively run Vent and TS at the same time and have never had problems lagging my connection out and what not..and I also get that blank server select / crash on zoning/ kicked to LS but this has never happened before until the last 2 patches.

My Setup is
Lenovo L430 Laptop
4gb ram
Intel Celeron B830 Dual Core Processer
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Fenugreek Alchemist - Oracle

Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm unable to get past character select screen now. I have to tab out and ctrl alt del it. Once I did get a blank screen with a "server unavailable" message tho.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am playing on a 2008 iMac and was able to successfully install EQ using the the wineskin guide. My problem seems to be similar to everyone else. Says incorrect password, server list is blank, dc after zoning/death. I read through the other posts on this thread and didn't really see any Mac users having problems. I have cox as my isp and play over wifi. The rare times that I do get to play the game is working great! I was just curious what current thought is on this issue because this thread started like 6 months ago. Are the people that were having problems back in October still having problems? Is this a patch fix or something on my end? Any ideas are appreciated! Look forward to playing once I can get on consistently.