Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have recently started a blitz campaign on your forums because I saw nothing happening to address valid issues.
Lol. You realize this is a free video game that you're supposed to have fun with right?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like crying about rotations, part of the reason I left IB. I'm not going to let a guild tag tell me who I can be friends with, and who I can associate with.
Give me a break. No part of IB says you have to hate x guild or people. You left because you went crazy, you came back and begged to let you raid with us again. You came to fear and then proceeded to piss everyone off, and then you sent me a sob story about all you wanted to do was raid with IB and you feel picked on. Grow up. Looks like Transcendence doesn't even like putting up with you.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have decided to make P1999 more of a job than a game, that's not Nilbog's fault.

But this probably explains the vigor with which you high-enders are attacking the forums these days.
So me being on this server and putting a lot of time and effort should mean nothing? Everquest has always worked on the principle of time. More time more rewards.

I mean it's like kicking me out of the frenzy camp because I was there first. We don't do that with camps do we? If you're at a camp it's yours until you get out.

Why are we treating raid encounters any different?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Btw Nilbog, I say this with respect, but I don't get the point of most of your message. I have a problem with this though:

Quote:
-player or GM punishment is none of your business.
You don't want people complaining but you also don't want transparency. When your own GMs are caught exploiting and go unpunished, its insane to not expect public outcry. You mention VZTZ, a server that many people left due to GM corruption. Do you want that repeated here? You mention new people not wanting to play because of the drama, but the drama is caused by your current player base being upset with some going ons in the first place.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So me being on this server and putting a lot of time and effort should mean nothing? Everquest has always worked on the principle of time. More time more rewards.

I mean it's like kicking me out of the frenzy camp because I was there first. We don't do that with camps do we? If you're at a camp it's yours until you get out.

LOL... Transcendance were waiting at raid encounters at least 7 hours before hand, so what your saying is that the camp is rightfully theres??..... Then Why the fuck was IB crying and threatening to KS...
Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes, but by your earlier comment if somone who has less play time than you is at the Frenzy camp, they should give it to you becasue you have "put in more time".

Quote:
This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:

I'm saying it's a game...and it's been provided free of charge. I giggle every time I see someone talk about their time spent on this server as if they'd just finished up a day working in the coal mines.

I'm not telling you how to spend your free time, I'm just wondering if a little bit of perspective (such as standing in someone else's shoes) might not be in order.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw Nilbog, I say this with respect, but I don't get the point of most of your message. I have a problem with this though:

You don't want people complaining but you also don't want transparency. When your own GMs are caught exploiting and go unpunished, its insane to not expect public outcry. You mention VZTZ, a server that many people left due to GM corruption. Do you want that repeated here? You mention new people not wanting to play because of the drama, but the drama is caused by your current player base being upset with some going ons in the first place.
He wants you to shut the f*ck up and enjoy the server he created.

Any particular language you want that spelled out in? I thought he was concise enough about it.

Seriously, give it a rest. If the boards and /ooc were gone tomorrow, it'd be a happer place.

The vast majority don't care what goes on in the upper tier, and have no desire to hear about it.

The thing with leverage is: you have to believe that they care whether you play at all on their server, and then you have to also believe that you are important enough to be answered to 24/7. It's a big no on both accounts.

If they really were concerned about this server going the way of VZ/TZ, they'd start instabanning all the 'angries'.
Last edited by Bubbles; 12-18-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL... Transcendance were waiting at raid encounters at least 7 hours before hand, so what your saying is that the camp is rightfully theres??..... Then Why the fuck was IB crying and threatening to KS...
This is not true.

This happened during the Vox raid that Trans was doing. We waited and allowed Transcendence to engage. We would have moved in had there been a legitimate wipe.

Otto said that we would not do this because the DDOS attack happened, which caused Transcendence to wipe due to lag.

We understand that it was their kill. They camped and were there.

But let me tell you something. If you were camped at the frenzy spawn all by yourself and you could not take it, then the camp is not yours. The same thing should apply to any raid encounter. Just because your butt is physically there, does not mean you can just claim it. You got to be able to do it. This is how it's always been for all of us in EverQuest. To follow these rules and magically make raid encounters different is ridiculous.

First to engage. If Transcendence was in Permafrost and had the raid force to encounter Lady Vox, we would be more than willing to let them take the encounter. You can best be assured though that if they wipe we would take a jab at it. If you want classic, that's how it was.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Project Manager

Reiker,

On live, no player was made known of another player's punishment. If the problem you were having as a player and petitioned ceased, then you could assume that it was handled. I will NOT tell anyone how someone was punished nor will I tell the offender who petitioned against them.

If you don't trust me, then I have nothing else to say. My post should have summed it up. This is the last chance for you guys to stop wasting my time and forum reading time. I'm here for the server, not for individuals.

To everyone else,

I will not be monitoring this thread.. but if it becomes a rants and flames candidate, I will just delete the posts. I meant the shit the first time I said it, please comfort each other.
Closed Thread