Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-21-2023, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anti twinking mentality is actually very strongly classic. I have strong memories of bards in crushbone being shunned due to their OP bronze armour twinkage.
Yes, but its not about being anti-twink in that regard its an artificially imposed classic fresh start experience. People are starting to crave that fresh reset even on green despite being so much newer than blue, its become top heavy and mudflated.

Coming up on a year since the timeline ended now and people are already tying one hand behind their back in boredom. I just don't see the point in two different servers running the same late-stage-Velious experience.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't see the point in two different servers running the same late-stage-Velious experience.
If you look at peak population of Green. That's the point.

Server is flourishing. Devs don't have to do anything for a while.
Old 05-30-2023, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently there is an ALS style guild on green now called <SSF> for Solo Self Found.

Clearly the server has run its course when there's a no twinking rules guild in place....
I am all about self found, its a lot of fun. But the forcing of solo is kind of jank. ALS had it right. Evertyhting that has come after has botched it. Such as Legacy of Ik--- Iksar only, okay I get that.. but can't leave kunark? Dumb.

And now SSF-- ALS sans the ability to even group with guildies? Pass.

We need a simple guild like ALS. None of the extraneous nonsense, please and thank you.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

seems like the leveling min/maxxing is pretty over the top.

Best exp I ever got was a solid group in high keep man, keep those goblins coming.

Such nice when you have a rockin group and everyone is getting one level after another and no one wants to stop because the getting is just too good.

Good grinds are so nice.

It’s a group game tho you might as well punch yourself in the balls if you wanna solo a rogue to 60 or something.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-31-2023, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems like the leveling min/maxxing is pretty over the top.

Best exp I ever got was a solid group in high keep man, keep those goblins coming.

Such nice when you have a rockin group and everyone is getting one level after another and no one wants to stop because the getting is just too good.

Good grinds are so nice.

It’s a group game tho you might as well punch yourself in the balls if you wanna solo a rogue to 60 or something.
I love the weird / nonstandard comps with baller players that make it work.

I trio'd with a bard and monk on my rogue in hole at slabs for a long session. The zone wasn't super busy.

We all had our epics, fungis, monk had beads...all level 56/57...we went for 4+ hours and I never once stopped auto-attacking. Seamless pulls and perfect control. Never once needed to stop for the bard hp regen to catch us up.

This was back when the hole zem was insane. Think I got a full level plus some more in that 4 hours. We were a little skeptical at the start but after the first 20 minutes or so we couldn't stop saying how insanely fun and fast XP it was.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I trio'd with a bard and monk on my rogue in hole at slabs for a long session. The zone wasn't super busy.

We all had our epics, fungis, monk had beads...all level 56/57...we went for 4+ hours and I never once stopped auto-attacking. Seamless pulls and perfect control. Never once needed to stop for the bard hp regen to catch us up.

This was back when the hole zem was insane. Think I got a full level plus some more in that 4 hours. We were a little skeptical at the start but after the first 20 minutes or so we couldn't stop saying how insanely fun and fast XP it was.
That sounds like a crazy fun time. It's really cool when untraditional group comps like that work super effectively.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool story. The Hole was fun with those insane ZEM at all different times of the night/day when it had that high ZEM. It was like a real hopping off population/crazy cool fun on some Friday and Saturday nights, even many week nights at the USA prime times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let's back insane ZEM hotspot zones; maybe even somewhat randomize it in all or most major level ranges and have them switch sometimes with some thematic, lore, or RL holiday reason? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2023, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

The zone is still high ZEM. Players are just morons.
Old 06-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Consider teal 2023
Old 06-14-2023, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds like a crazy fun time. It's really cool when untraditional group comps like that work super effectively.
Here's a couple fun groups:

5 wizards and 1 paladin at ass/supp in lower guk.

4 mages with air pets each duel wielding gnoll hide lariats, 1 chanter and 1 druid in the kodiak caves in GD.