Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this thread is a pretty good reminder about the real reason the pop on red99 sucked.

The players
c u in Purple Dawn
Old 10-31-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Haha

there has always been like 10 people on forums that you definitely didn't want to know where you lived and made all red seem psycho.

About 500 players that never posted on forums.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well this thread is a pretty good reminder about the real reason the pop on red99 sucked.

The players
/lets out a passive aggressive sigh
Old 10-31-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Nearly everyone knows what they're getting into playing a PvP server. If you don't, you're probably retarded.

There's a lot of other reasons population has largely been low on red. Not looking to bash at all - love da staff - but mismanagement largely resulted in the player exodus, outside of normal burnout etc. Botched launch with guard assist, ill-guided PNP/rules and selective enforcement. You need to have a rule set you can effectively enforce with your staff. I'm holding out hope for R99 2.0 (though not holding my breath), in the meantime there's RoZ 2.0.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

There's a difference between griefers and then macequesters. When I first rolled here on launch, I had never played any meaningful EQ PvP other than the discord server, and got my ass handed to me repeatedly by Smedy in Unrest. He was still a cool dude about it tho with playful ribbing and it made the game fun and made me enjoy PvP and want to get better to get "revenge". I had many interactions like this early on with people, fighting for caiman's in Oasis, dervs in SRO, etc., where some fun PvP was had, some light trash talking exchanged, and people moved on.

Then came the legit MaceQuesting weirdos who stalk you IRL, write down every interaction ever, screenshot 100000x, spam you in tells / ooc etc., and make the game unenjoyable to play for most normal human beings. These are the people that ruin the game for most non crazies. This thread where insults and discussion of PvP events from before Rallos Zek was created by The Nameless are a good example of these individuals in action.

That's my 2 cents at least.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it's the toxicity that gets me, it's how serious these losers take it.

They won't fight because they could lose, they'll over recruit to secure pixels, if they lose they quit.

HB is right, but it's not because they're faggots, the faggotry genuinely ruins the PVP.

I mean look at Colgate, the guy quit for years because Nizzar was unstoppable, then comes back and 24/7 raids Velious because he's on top?

He's just 1/1000 like that though.

For all my shit talk of HB at least he made Red Dawn and tried to create some PVP, even though everyone made his life hell that was on his side.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Same could be said for Lite, at least he fought a few times over the years.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

The fear people have of dying in PvP on this server is crazy to me. Maybe I'm just too WoW'ified [if that's a word lol?] but for me PvP is meant to be fun; if I win I win if I lose I lose, I loot my corpse and go about my day. The massive extent people would go to in order to avoid any possible PvP death or encounter where success was not 99.9% certain was crazy and not fun to me. The whole leaderboard, KDR shit just further creates a toxic culture where the only PvP that occurs is typically grief PvP, i.e., fights that are completely one sided.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:49 PM
Banned

agreed Handpartytowel running a compile and every cheese possible to avoid being YT'd and almost never participating in PVP are the kinda of players that are not fun to play with
Old 10-31-2019, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly don't know how you deal with the Nizzar factor showing up every 3 days for Trak, spending an entire day for the 7 day world dragons, and then a day for VP for years, even once he has every item on multiple alts.

I guess I don't understand why they would want to do it, so I have no solutions.
Closed Thread