Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Easy way to have a fresh red server with out wiping anything

First of all: I am not writing this bc i went hard on red and have tons of characters

the idea kind of just popped in my head

why not just make the old characters locked into velious or other custom zones while the rest of the server progresses through the time line.

u dont really need more servers this way. would be cool to throw in some custom content, maybe something to do for the old toons to do that might impact the new ones. maybe summon some of the older "gladiators" to classic to help a losing side or even up a pvp fight.

i think people really love new servers so im not trying to shy away from that. But give something for the older players like on red and blue that don't want to grind through eq for a 6th time.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

shut the FUCK up
Old 11-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Tune best thing they could do is combine red with blue into 1 server rot dumpster with all the maxxed out characters. Then they might add custom stuff.

I would rather have 2 seperate server rot dumpsters so that one can keep having some sort of PVP, but maybe just to increase the pop it would be better to have one Vallhala server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Respectfully, this idea doesn’t really solve anything, nor is it even feasible to do this.

How would you code it so that “old characters” can’t leave velious? What would define an old character?

In practice, everyone would just quit their old characters to play the old zones with everyone else, and then when velious hits everyone would just switch back to their old characters thus rendering moot any progression at that stage.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Banned

everyone could just delete their toons and the problem would be solved tomorrow, but ofc you all cant be men about it
Old 11-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

What they are doing with green/blue is enough. Fresh red, when it runs its course dump it on old red. People can log into old red to bask in their pixels and walk around the museum when they get misty eyed, then log into new red for progression and pvp.

rinse/repeat.

I do agree that any future custom content be limited to the "legacy" red/blue original servers. Hell, they could even expand the project, perhaps with collaboration with the TAKP(eqmac) and usher in Luclin and finally PoP on the legacy red/blue.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all: I am not writing this bc i went hard on red and have tons of characters
oh, ok
Old 11-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Banned

Stop thinking thanks brad bless
Old 11-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Classic a year, kunark a year, dump the characters into Red99 and reset.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Velious is utterly unplayable unless u want to give up your life for a video game.
Closed Thread