Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 11:28 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't for the life of me understand
I hate posts like this but at least you admit it.

What would be even better if you would just keep your lack of understanding to yourself instead of plaguing people who do understand.

Long live open world pvp.

Ressurect the Red!

Best way I can describe my personal preference is that it feels like you are playing a survival MMORPG. Brutal unforgiving open world PvP is such a different feeling than a PvE server. There just is no comparison at all.

Just look at how many horror games there are out there. People love the terror! But like the asymmetrical murder games, you can be the killer or the survivors. Or you can be the Hero. Or you can be 2nd in a queue for a 6 man party to farm a shitty orc camp...
Old 11-27-2019, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red server had a ton of corruption. There wasn't 1 dev that worked out. I don't know how people with these high expectations are blind to what they defend for years on here. Red99 had the best chance out of any PvP server of having a real population and they blew it because the server was so bad. If Red99 had a decent launch and wasn't riddled with awful GMs maybe they could have kept 40-50% of the player base longer term. They went from like 900 launch day to 20 in 6 months.

If a new server opened everyone would play for that chance at a 500+ population again but the problem is still there. P99 devs banning entire guilds because they don't like how a mob is killed even though both guilds do it. P99 devs are too strict and too lazy to be consistent with the strict rules.
WHO are you and did you even play here back then? P99 devs are too strict and lazy?? Jesus.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Gnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want a new red server
Old 11-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I played here from the beginning. There were some calls I disagreed with that GMs made, and inconsistent application of rules, but nothing that really mattered, and surely nothing that ruined the game. It was just crybabies who refused to logon because a GM made a dumb ruling on a train. It happens in sports all the time, look at the tripping call against Dallas vs my patriots. You move on to the next game / pvp fight and shrug it off. People on both sides were infected with this conspiracy theorist mentality that the GMs were out to get them and how everyone was corrupt, when really it was just inept / poorly informed staff making off the cuff calls.

The one exception I will say to this was the Holocaust guild banning from the nagafen wall exploit for doing what nihilium had done prior. While two wrongs don’t make a right, deleting the guild and doing a guild wide ban was overkill to the max on an already dying server at the time. While it was eventually undone, it really hurt the box and tilted the scales in nihilium’s favor for years after that point.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played here from the beginning. There were some calls I disagreed with that GMs made, and inconsistent application of rules, but nothing that really mattered, and surely nothing that ruined the game. It was just crybabies who refused to logon because a GM made a dumb ruling on a train. It happens in sports all the time, look at the tripping call against Dallas vs my patriots. You move on to the next game / pvp fight and shrug it off. People on both sides were infected with this conspiracy theorist mentality that the GMs were out to get them and how everyone was corrupt, when really it was just inept / poorly informed staff making off the cuff calls.
some truth telling
Old 11-27-2019, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being one of the main tanks in the top guild on Sullon Zek for many years, I can safely say that EQ PvP is simply trash. With so many other better PvP games out, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to play such a hopelessly imbalanced PvP game. It was cool when there were thousands of people playing it and there were very few other games available but now it's basically just a joke and will always result in a dead server very quickly.
Says the guy lurking on the Red Server chat. WTF.

EQ is challenging ...with PVP it's basically hell. This is why people enjoy it. The challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 11-28-2019, 01:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The one exception I will say to this was the Holocaust guild banning from the nagafen wall exploit for doing what nihilium had done prior. While two wrongs don’t make a right, deleting the guild and doing a guild wide ban was overkill to the max on an already dying server at the time. While it was eventually undone, it really hurt the box and tilted the scales in nihilium’s favor for years after that point.
Truth to this but I don't know what point you are arguing. The point I made is the GMs were too strict and were to lazy to enforce it regularly. The Nagafen fight is just an extreme that stands out. They did look into things every once in a while and when they did they were way too harsh but most of the time just completely absent. You call it conspiracy theory but people would have to beg GMs to look into things and they normally only looked into things when they were begged by someone they had some sort of relationship with. The main point though was how corrupt the GMs were all the way through. Derubal, Paymelinda and Sirken, awful.

The fact that all they had to do was copy a game from blue 99 and make it a pvp server they did about as bad as someone could.
Last edited by Raclen; 11-28-2019 at 01:56 AM..
Old 11-28-2019, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Prez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5:30AM? is that when the camp lines are shortest on Teal?

Stick to what you are best at. No one wants to hear about PVP from some guy that introduces themselves as a tank.

What was your biggest play? Hitting your midnight mallet at the right time when all the other tanks went down?
Eh I'm the first level 50 bard and am on green but ok...

Back in the day I was the only warrior to hit #1 on the weekly leaderboards but who cares honestly. EQ PvP is dead for a reason. Has nothing to do with corrupt GMs but rather the fact that EQ PvP is actual trash. It was cool back in the day when there was only a handful of games that existed and only a couple of them being MMO's.

It attracts low life griefers that can only win by gaining every possible advantage they can to the point where they almost cannot lose. Just like the trash SK's there were on evil team with me who would literally wait til HT was up before going to PvP and could 1 shot people. EQ PvP will never exist again, nor should it. It's a horribly designed game for PvP and currently only attracts some of the most worthless human beings this pathetic world has to offer.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Says the guy lurking on the Red Server chat. WTF.

EQ is challenging ...with PVP it's basically hell. This is why people enjoy it. The challenge.
If you think EQ is challenging that's probably because your IQ is in the double digits. EQ is one of the easiest fucking games ever. It was only challenging back in the day because everyone had shitty computers and 56k modems and it was the first game of its kind. Tedious and time consuming does not = challenging.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you think EQ is challenging that's probably because your IQ is in the double digits. EQ is one of the easiest fucking games ever. It was only challenging back in the day because everyone had shitty computers and 56k modems and it was the first game of its kind. Tedious and time consuming does not = challenging.
You sound like a real pleasure!
Closed Thread