Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 02:48 AM
Banned

Default Emulation Servers!

Hey Hey People of the internet!

We all play and downloaded project 1999: Classic Everquest because we wanted to

experience classic again right? (or live just sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

We remember fondly of old classic titles and the memories we had in them. Like, if you

wanted to play wow again, you weren't talking about the game today.

You were talking about VANILLA wow!

So that made me think, anyone know any cool emu servers out there for games that

emulated classic mmos or the classic ERA of a mmo?

Im curious! I only played a few such as Nasomi (Final Fantasy Xl), UO outlands(Ultima

Online), SWG Legends (Star Wars Galaxies), and a bunch of Lineage 2 servers.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

TAKP is a great alternative to p99 EverQuest. Currently in Luclin and will be in Planes of Power next year. Healthy population, friendly community - much more era-accurate than p99, too.

Looks like a few people from Kittens are playing Star Wars Galaxies. Almost curious enough to try that out - maybe after the holidays I'll give it a shot.

Have heard good things about the DAoC Phoenix servers but haven't given them a try myself.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP is a great alternative to p99 EverQuest. Currently in Luclin and will be in Planes of Power next year. Healthy population, friendly community - much more era-accurate than p99, too.

Looks like a few people from Kittens are playing Star Wars Galaxies. Almost curious enough to try that out - maybe after the holidays I'll give it a shot.

Have heard good things about the DAoC Phoenix servers but haven't given them a try myself.
I was there at the launch of DaoC Pheonix Server. I was surprised to see a lot of EQ

players around. It was a lot of grouping in the beginning and small pvp.

But now the population has died down pretty drastically. I kinda miss pvp in old

retro mmos where dying has severe penalties.

I still hop on tibia and osrs and do some pking tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2020, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Hey People of the internet!

We all play and downloaded project 1999: Classic Everquest because we wanted to

experience classic again right? (or live just sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

We remember fondly of old classic titles and the memories we had in them. Like, if you

wanted to play wow again, you weren't talking about the game today.

You were talking about VANILLA wow!

So that made me think, anyone know any cool emu servers out there for games that

emulated classic mmos or the classic ERA of a mmo?

Im curious! I only played a few such as Nasomi (Final Fantasy Xl), UO outlands(Ultima

Online), SWG Legends (Star Wars Galaxies), and a bunch of Lineage 2 servers.
might be slightly off topic but within the classic wow community ive gotten hooked into hardcore mode, just an offshoot of recording ur gameplay to 60 and deleting if you die. just watched a man delete his level 60 in scholomance today, felt good.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there at the launch of DaoC Pheonix Server. I was surprised to see a lot of EQ players around. It was a lot of grouping in the beginning and small pvp. But now the population has died down pretty drastically.
Dark Age of Camelot was always like that. For some reason that game has always had problems with player retention. Even its commercial version followed the pattern of initial outpouring followed by relatively rapid decline until an expansion opened. I think that pattern may be a result of what that game is: It's good enough to be worth playing, but has just enough faults to keep it from holding people very well. Many of its faults were consequence of its limited production budget. It was well made for what it was and in truth made the most of limited resources, but both the character classes and content felt very "thin" compared even to EQ. I liked DAOC when I tried it, but it couldn't hold me there long term, either. Moreso than anything else it left me wishing it had been constructed with a larger budget.

Danth
Old 12-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Banned

nasomi is disgusting, that guy is a total sicko and has no idea how to run a server. He just copied project darkstar emu package and launched a pile of crap.

He has no way of defending against hackers that hoard all the boss mobs and RMT runs rampant.

I cant think of a single emu worth playing currently
Old 12-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

TakP is the priestinest EQ of the emus, but it's boxing enabled, I never grouped on there once.

Also no pvp and at HGs having no pvp enabled was cringe. I had to be nice to ppl.

Watching pppl just farming up 100k plat to buy stuff in the bazaar instead of grouping and exploring the world was cringe.

The servers are excellent, the people are excellent, the META is wrekt. I think my wiz is almost 60, but I don't want to grind AAs.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

There's an Earth and Beyond emu.

https://www.net-7.org/

I still think it's a fun game. Class/race combos that were unique and each contributed a specific dynamic. I effectively have a cleric that can port. Best of both worlds!

-Mcoy
Old 12-24-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still think it's a fun game. Class/race combos that were unique and each contributed a specific dynamic. I effectively have a cleric that can port. Best of both worlds!

-Mcoy
Really friggin cool.

A lot of companies have tried to re-create this, are we just failing to recreate what we already achieved???! Neat!
Old 12-24-2020, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
wow haha that actually looks kinda fun

sad to see a low population though =(
Closed Thread