Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-08-2022, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you even imagine how amazing it would be if there was even a little bit of transparency and communication from the devs about what's being worked on?

How many posts would've never happened if there was a list that everyone could see of all the things the devs are aware of and being worked on or that are working as intended and will remain as they are?

None of the devs/staff have any obligation to say anything or respond to any post but the staggering amount of trouble they would save and frustration that would be alleviated is immeasurable if they did decide to communicate more.

The lack of communication between the staff and the player base and crazy long amount of time between patches is really sad.
I absolutely agree: more communication from the staff would be lovely!

Also, while I don't know the details of this bug, I'm very much against making the Enchanter epic unclassically hard. I'm against anything unclassic, but it cuts both ways: Enchanters on P99 have charming unclassicaly easy. I'd like to see less charm soloing Enchanters AND more Enchanters with snake sticks ... which is to say, I want the classic Enchanter in all their classic glory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But aside from all all that, I'm also a developer myself, and most days I can't even be arsed to put an hour of work into my side project. Nilbog has put in far, far more than that ... for 10+ years! I can't even begin to explain how incredible that is.

If him ignoring all us asshole players, and refusing to communicate with us, is what it takes to keep him sane and still cranking out these classic fixes after all these years ... I think we can all make due with a lack of communication.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Nilbog, can we get an update on this? Info not enough?
Old 12-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Skeleton

I think we need to focus on removing spell fade text and making sure level 10 npcs now drop the correct cloth tunics.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However - VT was fixed within 1 month of the thread being started. It has been over 2 years, now, and no word. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the same era used to flush out VT's spawn time is deemed insufficient for VD because there's simply less information regarding VD's spawn.

One thing is clear, though, the initial evidence is credibly out-of-era. We do know that up until some point in 2001, players on allakhazam were repoting a 48 hour window with minor variance (~10%). For the sake of authenticity, and everyone's sanity, I feel that we should opt to go with that versus sticking with out-of-era evidence as the basis for VD.
quoting myself because it really is ridiculous.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quoting myself because it really is ridiculous.
This one.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Project Manager

Generally, evidence is what is needed for content changes. Followed by ability, and lastly, time to implement.

I'll try to help with the evidence portion.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010709...&f=17&t=000509
Quote:
posted June 20, 2001 09:02 AM I believe his spawn time is 72 hours, much like the spawn times of the other chanter epic mobs (vessel drozlin, verina tomb)If you are on an older server, chances are people are taking him down as soon as he spawns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://web.archive.org/web/20010530...00454&go=older
Quote:
posted May 09, 2001 03:03 AM To post my experience with Vessel...., which may explain some of your problems. I play on Erollisi Marr. Patch day happened. Waited 48 hours, Logged on my level 1 iksar shaman who was camped at the Vessel loc. Nada there, waited four hours, didn't show, had to go to work. Logged back in the next day, about 70 or so hours after patch, he popped somewhere during that period.
There is a missing spawn mechanic of delayed spawn variance after a server up/down. It will need to be developed, but I have seen it mentioned repeatedly while researching. This is likely the case here, where people were trying to catch it at exact 12 hour intervals, and failing; there were a lot of references for 2-7 days as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we need to focus on removing spell fade text and making sure level 10 npcs now drop the correct cloth tunics.
If it helps, detrimental spell text and level 10 npcs dropping cloth tunics is exactly as important to me as this issue.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Bump.

This issue has led to a certain group of people allying against loot rights sellers for FTE. It is such a disgusting, unsolved, and demoralizing problem.

There are some nasty things going on down in that sewer..
Old 03-27-2023, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

You mean the dudes permanantly boxing/VM a character on 24/7?

Sounds like casuals in sewer club need some bans.