Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Large Rat

Default spells files out of date, HELP! respond quickly I wanna play tonight lol

When I logged into eq for the first time in many months it said my spells files were out of date. I went to the getting started page and downloaded the new P99Files43.zip and extracted it to my Everquest Titanium directory and replaced all the stuff and I started eq up again aaaand same problem. So now I go do this again but first deleting dbstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt because I read somewhere on a reddit forum that it fixes it but still no luck. Can someone tell me if i'm even doing this right or help me through it please?
Old 12-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

download them again and be sure you're overwriting old files and extracting them in the right directory.

Also, occasionally if your connection is being choked by some bastard watching Netflix in the next room or streaming a HD movie it can cause a few issues with the character select screen.

Never heard of deleting those files, put them back and only delete them if the downloaded zip files want to overwrite it.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Banned

make sure you delete the files listed in the project 1999 installation guide, like nektulos.eqg
Old 12-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Banned

also need to delete system32 folder in
C:\Windows
Old 12-24-2016, 09:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
download them again and be sure you're overwriting old files and extracting them in the right directory.

Also, occasionally if your connection is being choked by some bastard watching Netflix in the next room or streaming a HD movie it can cause a few issues with the character select screen.

Never heard of deleting those files, put them back and only delete them if the downloaded zip files want to overwrite it.
well im extracting the files in my titanium directory with the resource folder and the SpellEffects so I pretty sure im putting them in the right place because and gives me the option to replace the old files, and my internet is not the problem I tried restarting too
Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make sure you delete the files listed in the project 1999 installation guide, like nektulos.eqg
those files are deleted
Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz|Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also need to delete system32 folder in
C:\Windows
ill try that thanks
Old 12-24-2016, 09:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ill try that thanks
Don't.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:05 PM
Banned

Cool, let us know how it works out.

Good luck!
Old 12-25-2016, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ill try that thanks
I really really hope he was being sarcastic.... If he wasn't it might be some time till we hear back...
Closed Thread