Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Kobold

Yea, I just tested it on my shaman too. All of the Disease and Poison counters are not producing any hate. My brothers druid could rip Guardian Heridion off of my shaman with 1 cast of Calefaction, a Level 44 druid spell that does 450 damage. Bane of Nife does 150 dmg DD + 214 dmg per tick = 364 dmg. Only the Dmg is producing hate. Not the counters. Guard Heridion did re-aggro my shaman after 2 dot ticks. I tested all of my shamans other dots. None are producing any counter hate. I'm pretty sure this unintentional. Poison counter hate was not removed until 2005.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Time to bank infestations?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-04-2023, 01:40 PM
Orc

It's gonna be hard to gauge how "good" disease cloud was back in the day based on anecdotal comments because players were just worse. Damage classes were doing so much less damage that disease cloud probably didn't need to be as god tier as it was to hold aggro just as well.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

The posted evidence makes it pretty clear that it was very very good and then nerfed late in our timeline. It's possible Green just hit that rough point in the timeline since it's into Luclin era at this point.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010911...EW.ASP?ID=5645

Quote:
PLAYER STRATEGY - SHADOWKNIGHT
INTELLIGENT SHADOWKNIGHTS - Daelin, Xev
The key to attaining the full range of power associated with the shadowknight class is simple. Intelligence. Ogres, Trolls, and to a lesser degree Iksar make lousey SKs. Why? Simple, they're stupid. If you're just going to run up and hit the attack button I suggest making a warrior. Now that we've got that nonsense out of the way let's clear up another misconception or two. Strength, worthless. Ignore it once you've got enough to wear your armor without being encumbered. At 36 I have 110 strength and I'm quite content to keep it there. Before level 20 use a 1h weapon with a shield, I recommend a polished granite tomahawk, the proc on this weapon is a shieldskin effect. Extremely useful. Why switch at 20 to 2h instead of keeping 1h and bash? Simple, 1h weapons offer rather small fast damage, this is greater than 2h damage over time really, but there's a reason to want the slower weapons. Recently Verant changed shadowknights so that we can cast between swings without adding to the delay, this means that slower weapons allow us to utilize our mana reserves without penalizing our melee damage. Remember! You're not a warrior, don't just run up and beat things up unless you're out of mana. You're a caster, act like one, meditate between pulls if you're not the puller. When you're soloing use fear kiting, very effective and saves a ton of damage to yourself, using your mana wisely you can keep an opponent snared and lifetap it often enough to keep yourself healthy even soloing at higher levels. Your superior intelligence will allow you to regenerate faster than the vaunted trolls could ever achieve. How? Simple, when soloing do so next to a group, when you're hurt just lifetap a little off their pulls, they won't mind as long as you don't KS from them, which is very unlikely. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Pets Pets are extremely useful at lower levels (9-15)and higher levels (52+) though admittedly right now mine is of limited use because it misses so much, however at upper levels the pet becomes quite an ally, get used to handling it. Always use /pet no taunt, keep yourself as the main target. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Grouping Your job in a group is simple, make yourself the single most hated opponent the mob has. Very easy for us, infact we have some spells that help. Disease cloud, level 9 dot, keep it memorized! one cast of this little puppy and a single use of the taunt skill will make you the single most hated enemy a mob has. Warriors are likely to be jealous of your superior taunting abilities, you can even outtaunt rangers if you really try. Another good taunt spell is Heart Flutter, which we recieve at 39. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Harm Touch Quite a dilemma is when you use this, save it for when you're about to be slaughtered or burn it the second it pops up. Well I offer this advice, if you're soloing save it because you might need it (especially before level 30), if you're in a group that can handle everything being pulled, burn it when it recharges (assuming the mob isn't nearly dead of course, that'd be a waste). Different shadowknights employ this differently. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Weapons I've already stated I prefer 2h weapons, and I've said why. Now for the delay, you'll want a weapon with a decently long delay, 3-5 seconds, no longer or it'll be too slow to be useful. Personally I use an Argent Defender, which has a delay of 4.9 seconds. I can cast my lifetap between swings quite nicely and keep myself healthy wether grouped or alone. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Skills Some guides on this very site advocate the insane, pushing all your training points into something the moment you get it. Only the stupid need to do this, ogres, trolls, iksar. If you're intelligent enough, which you undoubtedly are due to the benefits, you can simply put one point in to learn the basics and watch it fly up. The one skill I had a problem with was Riposte, the only problem was I had to keep myself highest on the hate list, but by grouping I capped this skill before I hit the next level. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Prefered Races Erudites and Dark Elves make the best shadowknights. Dark elves have superior vision, better starting location (much closer to the center of things). Downside is they have horrid faction, and slightly lower intelligence. Erudites have the highest intelligence of any SK race, they also have very good faction for a shadow knight, unfortunatly that's all they have going for them. Lousey starting area (it's a great zone, but in a bad position), no night vision. Trolls ogres, and to a lesser degree iksar, don't bother, be a warrior instead if you're going to pick one of these. They would take a huge amount of intelligence items to make them close to the starting point of the two best races. Don't waste your time and platinum. Humans are middle of the road, not really strong, not particularly bright, but using your starting points wisely you can be strong enough to wear your armor and bright enough to be useful. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Armor Bronze is decent, but it's ugly as sin, It's good enough up until you can get darkforge, or better yet Sentient. If you're an erudite you can get cold iron from Warrens, adds to magic resistance and has a very cool look, otherwise identical to bronze. Sentient is lighter than bronze, but expensive, it adds to intelligence very nicely. Definatly the armor you should wear if you have a choice between it and Darkforge. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Enjoy your new shadowknight with the intelligence to use your power correctly. A well played shadowknight can make a warrior seeth with envy. Enjoy doing it.

Strategy Submitted on: Monday, May 28, 2001
Old 03-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Can confirm heart flutter is making decent aggro these days on blue. I think it is the ac debuff.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 04-06-2023, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39819

Quote:
Old 07-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Torven
Sarnak

Default EQLive Hate List Logic and Spell Hate Values

Disease and poison counters used to add hate, but don't any longer.

This is how SK disease cloud used to be a good aggro tool. Poison counter hate was removed in April 2005. Disease counter hate was apparently removed earlier, but I was unable to determine the date. For now I gave counters on TAKP hate until I can find evidence that the nerf was pre-december 2002.

That nerf did come before December 2002, but after the end of Velious by a little over 4 months. Below are accounts from players having just recently realized the change that was made.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020713...&threadid=1544

Quote:
Vaiyo

Disease cloud changed?
Is it just me or did Disease Cloud taunt ability get nerfed? Shot 10 at a mob in UP and it still kept beating on the enchanter (he died, needless to say - went from full health to none while I tried to unload DC) ... and just now I can't even taunt off a shaman slow.

Was wondering if anyone ran into the same problem.

Magelo profile

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2002 07:18 AM
Vaiyo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vaiyo Find more posts by Vaiyo Add Vaiyo to your buddy list
Quote:
Jorren Y`Kelt

Yeah I noticed it tonight. Used to be able to pull a mob off someone from across the room with DC...

The Rathe

Old Post 05-10-2002 07:51 AM
Jorren Y`Kelt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jorren Y`Kelt Click here to Send Jorren Y`Kelt a Private Message Find more posts by Jorren Y`Kelt Add Jorren Y`Kelt to your buddy list
Quote:
Stavanger

Yes, I noticed the exact same thing in UP last night. Was getting minimal taunt value from using DC, switched to clinging and SV, results were much better. Not happy if this is true.

Old Post 05-10-2002 10:04 AM
Stavanger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stavanger Click here to Send Stavanger a Private Message Find more posts by Stavanger Add Stavanger to your buddy list
Quote:
Xanyia

Last night I almost got our rager killed in chardok. He was used to not having to jolt a whole lot and I was just chain casting DC for nothing.
Good thing I remembered there was a patch
so I got SV out of the back of my spellbook.
I sent /feedback last night, I did today I will tomorrow until they fix it or come up with a better solution.
Shadow vortex doesn't aggro quite as well as disease cloud does!

Xanyia Darkover
59 Revenant
Fusion of Flame
Terris Thule

Old Post 05-10-2002 11:31 AM
Xanyia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xanyia Click here to Send Xanyia a Private Message Find more posts by Xanyia Add Xanyia to your buddy list
Quote:
Lord Vedar

Damn I was wondering why DC was not taunting as it used to. I was in HS and chain casting DC with little effect. THIS IS WAY MESSED UP. DC was FAST Low Mana and HUGE taunt, now it may look like we need to cast slower more mana eatting spells.

Old Post 05-10-2002 12:47 PM
Lord Vedar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Vedar Click here to Send Lord Vedar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Vedar Add Lord Vedar to your buddy list

This is the patch Xanyia was referring to that inadvertently nerfed Disease Cloud...

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...es-2002-1.html

Quote:
------------------------------
April 23, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Spells **

- Casters of slow spells recently given a disease component (such as
Shiftless Deeds and Turgur's Insects) should no longer attract undue
attention to themselves.
The Shadows of Luclin release date: December 4, 2001.
Last edited by Ennewi; 04-06-2023 at 10:14 PM..
Old 06-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20051217...php/t-374.html

Quote:
Ghob Owar
04-02-2002, 06:33 PM
"In the last patch Slow spells for both Enchanters and Shamans were altered so that they now have disease counters. Has this made them into a spell which can now be removed by Cure Disease instead of Cancel Magic?
Yes, that was the goal behind the change to the spell lines.

Getting slowed by an NPC is incredibly debilitating to players, and up until now you either had to just be sad until the spell wore off or risk dispelling all of your positive buffs while trying to remove the slow. This change should add value to classes that can cure disease and make the spell line more useful.

We are aware that there is a problem with slow spells generating additional agro due to the disease component, and hope to have that fixed in the next spells patch.

- Rich Waters"

WooT! No more waiting for slow to wear without losing 1/2 my buffs! Yay Diseeeze!
Quote:
Mynegon
04-02-2002, 06:55 PM
Watch them screw up agro on Disease Clould etc, fixing this.
Quote:
Nocifer Deathblade
04-03-2002, 09:07 AM
I -REALLY- hope that they don't weaken our cherished disease cloud aggro power as side effect from that darn slow aggro change...
Quote:
Rhumba_Kween
04-03-2002, 10:01 AM
When I saw this this morning, the first thing I thought was "Oh great they're gonna indirectly nerf SK's fixing this"

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'll be they just lower the hate component of disease spell, and that would be bad.

We shall see.

Rhumba
Quote:
Moongaden
04-03-2002, 02:10 PM
DC was indirectly nerfed last year when they made all spells less resistable. I (and all the SK's i talked to in game) said that DC seemed to be giving about 1/3'rd of the aggro.

We used to be kings of aggro, now we're almost playing like bards chain casting DC if we ever want to get hit
Quote:
Walil
04-03-2002, 02:22 PM
They really need to change the aggro on slow. It's completely insane right now. I had a ranger, warrior, and rogue in my group last night and none of them could pull off me. The only person who could was my shadowknight. Using spells like the screams and Dooming Darkness I could get aggro but it was a pain.

If the changes to aggro indirectly effect disease cloud I think we can live with it. We have a ton of other spells that are hefty in mana cost but do the same job. Trust me, it's better to have disease cloud nerfed then having to rez your shaman after every pull.

As far as I'm concerned. Sk's are still the kings of gaining aggro.
Quote:
Rhumba_Kween
04-03-2002, 03:05 PM
Sorry we should not have to live with it? Capitulating because it benefits another one of your chars seems wrong to me.

Why should we have to be nerfed because of a change to another class?

Enchanter changes have caused so much indirect nefage its not funny. Pet aggro is a prime example. Their pets got too powerful when they could gain aggro, so VI changes the aggrro that pets can get to almost nothing and they indirectly nerfed mages that rely so heavy on their pets.

I think it is very important that we submit through dev corner letting them know to not nerf DC when they change aggro for the slows.

Rhumba
Quote:
Walil
04-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Look I'm not saying fix my shaman at the cost of nerfing the shadowknight class. If they absolutely have to reduce the aggro on disease in order to fix the problem then I can live with it.

I like having the option to cure slow without removing buff spells. In my opinion this more than makes up for my shadowknight having to change her spell line up a bit to gain aggro.

Now if they can fix the slow aggro issue without changing the way Disease Cloud acts as a taunt that would be awesome. Since they haven't specified what their solution is I'm not really going to worry about it.
Quote:
Darko
04-03-2002, 08:09 PM
I also remember them stating something about lowering agro that Dease counter generate, I am hoping this wont affect Dease Cloud spell, cause that would reall y screw the SK taunt abilities....
The have done this once before "unintentionaly" a few months ago, when they lowerd the agro enchanter debuffs generate, which effected Shadow Vortex etc..
Quote:
Naelael Sang'Noir
04-03-2002, 10:32 PM
IMO, the only way a SK shouldnt have disease cloud mem'd is you are soloing.. They better not nerf disease cloud aggro.
Quote:
Nocifer Deathblade
04-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Heh, LOTS of high level SK players on my server never ever used Disease cloud and they told me that they stopped using it since lvl 15. I guess those type of Sks are basically twinkees and PLed to high level. I kept telling them that they ought be shot down if they never used it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Disease cloud is one of required spell slot if you are main tank and needs to taunt..
Quote:
Valkyria Grymreaper
04-04-2002, 09:38 AM
Took me a while to realize just how good DC still is - even after all the advice fellow SKs kept giving me. I'm glad I keep it memmed now.

Example: was asked to tank in Chardok last night. Taunt or two on mezzed mobs and pop them with DC = mob never left me to go slap the chanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My spell set up currently:

1. Siphon Life
2. Abduction of Str
3. Shroud of Hate (god i cant wait til Torrent of Hate...)
4. Disease Cloud
5. Engulfing Darkness (Dooming if a crack dealer present)
6. Grim Aura
7. Scream of Death
8. Feign Death
Quote:
synnoira
04-04-2002, 02:35 PM
i haven't seen a lot of aggro off the ATK drains personally, not to compare with DC anyhow
i'm sure you know this but DC is something you want to be careful of pulling since the DoT lasts a long old time and who knows if you get an add you may need to switch too
i use shadowvortex to establish aggro and follow that with DC i find that combo works very effectively and is quick and mana-cost effective, shroud of pain and clinging darkness to follow up if really required
btw if rooted casting DC on self breaks root i've had to do that a couple of times when rooted on pulling back, since the damage is so low from it its doesn't make a big difference to your health bar in the subsequent fight
i've never dueled, can't see the point, but i've read here that casting DC on self when dueling a chanter is also a good way to stop mezzes due to the DoT, but i can't tell you how true that is from my own experience
Quote:
Groobash
04-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Faucetta...you notice yet that there are no other SKs here who don't keep DC perma memmed except when soloing?

hmmmmmmm

Do we have other spells to generate agro? Sure...but none of them make as much agro as fast or for such limited mana.

So when they butcher DC in an attempt to fix slows (you can *almost* count on it), and a SK tries prying a critter of your shaman but can't, remember what you said here while waiting for your rez...and the next one..and the next one...and the next one...
Quote:
Chania
04-04-2002, 06:47 PM
"Judging from the tenor of your post I probably wouldn't take advice from you either." (In reference to Nocifer)

This made soda come out of my nose.

The people who don't use DC are the ones who unmemmed in around level 15 and never looked back. It is extremely powerful in the right hands.
Quote:
velourea
04-04-2002, 07:51 PM
hey not to be mean, but could you just for a second swallow your raging pride. it's not good for you.

nocifer is a nice and good sk and is very knowledgeable. brael is a big meanie but knowlegeable nonetheless.

the reason that i think this topic is so touchy with the sk community is because the possibilty of nerfing DC agro would deeply impact the SK as a class. DC is one of the best taunt spells, due to its small mana cost and large taunt. shadow vortex and other spells are good but DC only costs 10 mana so you can chain cast it all day. agro control is the area of expertise of SK's and nerfing DC could have a seriously detrimental affect to how i for one would play the class. it is just speculation on whether verant in its infinite wisdom/laziness will cause the new tweaks with disease resist to affect all spells rather than just the slows, but i can say for myself that i sincerely hope not.
Quote:
Krushum Gudended
04-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Not usin DC because it is a level nine spell is ignorant...

Can't count the number of times it has saved a caster from certain death for me, and because I am a troll (not the brightest start in the sky) the low mana cost is perfect.

I will really be pissed if this nerfed, even by an oversight.
Quote:
Keyan Aubaine
04-04-2002, 11:17 PM
Sheesh.

What the hell is up with you these days ?

Get real, DC is a frelling level 9 spell, and you're all acting like if it was our number one class defining ability!
Sure it's a great way to agro without spending much mana or even losing damage with a long casting, you won't find me saying it isn't a very useful spell
, but guess what ? If a level NINE spell becomes less efficient at level 60, i wont be whining about it saying they nerfed SKs.

Hell, i almost WISH they would nerf it (and i highly doubt this will happen) just so you would lose that lazy and whiny attitude. Shadow vortex, heart flutter, darkness... we have a crapload of spells to agro if we want to, and you're all complaining about a possible (and unlikely) nerf of a frelling level nine spell ? Commenting on the abilities of a poster simply because he prefers not to use that damn spell ?

You do realize what the hell you are arguing over ? A level NINE spell ? a mere 5 dmg nuke with a lousy 1 dmg/tick which just happens because of VI's poor hate list coding to generate a lot of agro ? Even if we lost some of the taunt value of this stupid spell, we would still keep all our 10 thousand other ways to taunt.

I'm reaching the 200 played days on my shadowknight, i also have 180 played days as a warrior, and almost 80 as a rogue, all of them have been part of the high end raids at one point or the other, killed tunare, fought the AoW.... i've done it all. I have been a poster on the knight watch for a while, and a lurker for much longer before that. I dont keep DC memed most of the time because i prefer to fit in spells that enhance my dmg output or my ability to tank more.
Yes the spell is extremely useful to taunt, i'm not going to deny it, but without it mobs still stay glued to my blue ass like flies on a troll's. Are you going to question my abilities as well, or are you going to lose that lazy attitude and realize you're able to do much more than chain cast that frelling spell you got when you hadn't even left your home city's surroundings ?

Days like this you guys remind me of the nerfhouse or the monkly business boards, damnit i know tihs community is able to do better.

PS: synnoira, you'll be forced to lick a troll's toes for that mistake!
Quote:
Ronak
04-05-2002, 05:02 AM
DC was my staple up until my mid 50's. At about this time, I started
regularly grouping with a couple chanters who had heart attacks if I
cast a DoT on a mob with more than 1 in camp. I started using shadow
vortex, and a bit later, shroud of pain.
Certainly a bit more mana intensive
than DC, but I have never had a problem with aggro since I stopped
using DC. Hell, I sometimes overaggro with just a few casts of SV/SoP.

Last night was the first time I memmed DC in about 5 months, believe it!
For the first time in ages I was in a bardless/chanterless group, in CT, and
DC performed its function perfectly. (low mana, good aggro spell)

A nerf to DC would have zero impact on me, but that doesn't mean I
want it nerfed. It is one of our tools, and a very good one.

As many of us know already, you can't just sit back quietly if something
is screwed up or nerfed, or it will start a trend. Nothx on DC nerfage,
it's still nice to have it to fall back on once in a while.

Side note:
If you have a chanter that doesn't mind DoTs, a very low mana taunt
alternative (IE, ZERO mana) is BE gaunts. Gotta love 0 mana aggro 'spells'.

Ronak
Gravelord of Machin Shin
Xegony
Quote:
velourea
04-05-2002, 05:27 PM
nice, informative post keyan. (add keyan to the "knowledable sk's list" if you haven't already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) personally, ive always believed that DC caused so much agro because it is a combination of a dd and dot. i think combination spells cause significantly more agro than single effect spells (e.g. like darkness with a dot and snare). this is just my personal speculation tho.

anyway, while DC is certainly not the only way to get agro, it is the most efficent that i have seen. i would love to cast Shadow Vortex every time a rogue/happy caster really pisses a mob off, but due to mana constraints at my level it simply isn't possible. even with clarity, it's barely enough mana regen to keep myself buffed with Shadow Vortex/Scream of Pain/Grim Aura/Scream of Death(some spells a few of you prolly have sitting collecting dust). I could cast SV but i'd have to stop every so often to med while the rest of the group is good to go. DC is the most convenient spell i have atm for agro management. I fully understand that this can change as i level, but for me and the majority of the SK population that isnt quite level 60 yet, DC is an invaluable tool. even casting something like clinging darkness is a bit of a hassle compared to the ease of DC. while many of the high-level sk's can find many other ways to taunt, i have found that for my general purposes, DC is the best way to make a mob love me.

velourea im a big meanie? =(

jk brael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Final post in the thread, a bump alluding to the nerf and subsequent feedback from affected players.

Quote:
Krushum Gudended
05-11-2002, 08:40 AM
Thought I should bump this.... take a look at the dates Alan, we were dreading this from the moment this was announced.

I for one sent in an email to the Developer's Corner, and I am sure others did.

Please take a look at this post. :/
These dates also correspond with those highlighted in the post above.
Last edited by Ennewi; 06-09-2023 at 01:52 PM..
Old 06-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Source for the comment made by Rich Waters...

https://web.archive.org/web/20020416...p?Article=4207

Quote:
GET RID OF THAT SLOW, APRIL 2, 2002

In the last patch Slow spells for both Enchanters and Shamans were altered so that they now have disease counters. Has this made them into a spell which can now

be removed by Cure Disease instead of Cancel Magic?

Yes, that was the goal behind the change to the spell lines.
Getting slowed by an NPC is incredibly debilitating to players, and up until now you either had to just be sad until the spell wore off or risk dispelling all of your

positive buffs while trying to remove the slow. This change should add value to classes that can cure disease and make the spell line more useful.

We are aware that there is a problem with slow spells generating additional agro due to the disease component, and hope to have that fixed in the next spells patch.

- Rich Waters

Note that even though these are a 'disease' instead of a magical debuff they still save against Magic for the purposes of resists (with the exception of Plague of

Insects).

https://web.archive.org/web/20020421...&f=12&t=003866

Quote:
Author Topic: Slow - anyone noticed any changes recently?
kyrilia
Quote:
Member # 1439
Rate Member

posted March 25, 2002 12:46 PM Profile for kyrilia Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Hey guys,
Has anyone noticed changes in the amount of aggro that our slows are causing recently?

I've been slowing as usual, but since the last patch, I'm getting a ton more aggro, or so it seems.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this, or if its just me.

Thanks for your input!

Ky

--------------------

Kyrilia Kerenski
56th Luminary of the Tribunal
Bristlebane

Shazzai
Quote:
Member # 23732
Rate Member

posted March 25, 2002 01:02 PM Profile for Shazzai Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
It probably has something to do with them adding disease counters to the slows.
I've noticed it too.

slamdunkjam
Quote:
Member # 5924
Rate Member

posted March 25, 2002 03:03 PM Profile for slamdunkjam Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Yes! And it's getting pretty hard to slow and then sit unless the mob is way down on health...so I end up brandishing my piercer more and more...with multiple pulls

and no chanter it's unavoidable. I tell my group "I'll tank this one" while they're fighting other mobs. They laugh...but they don't know the modern shammy. Yeah

buckos, I can tank.
--------------------

Owner, McMarren Kalish Inn
7th & Main
Halas, Antonica

Nirtox
Quote:
Member # 6707
Rate Member

posted March 28, 2002 03:59 PM Profile for Walknot Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
I noticed that now Plague of insects now has much more agro. I slowed the Captian in WW with the disease slow and was treated like ham sandwich at a soup

kitchen. Couldnt get agro off me for quite some time.
I also noticed what appears to be increased agro in Chardok. It was even worse when I bounced tigirs of 4

royal guards. I think I lived for a whole 2 seconds.
Did not have the same problems in Velks, but noticed that Pox held agro a long time as well, but that could be a damage to tick ration thing that kept me high on the

hate list. /shrug Pox works pretty fast for a disease dot.

I did notice they fixed the Grow bug. It no longer seems to shrink pets.

Havent noticed anything else that seems diff other then the exp in ME. My guess is another covert shot with the nerf stick there. but then again, its all perception

anyway.

--------------------

WalkNot SoSoftly
Oracle
Innoruuk

wargren
Quote:
Member # 1439
Rate Member

posted April 02, 2002 07:15 PM Profile for kyrilia Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
AHA!
I knew I wasn't just smoking too much of my alchemy herbs!
http://eq.castersrealm.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=4207

Looks like they're going to try to fix the excess aggro issue.

--------------------

Kyrilia Kerenski
56th Luminary of the Tribunal
Bristlebane

Nirtox
Quote:
Member # 29973

posted April 03, 2002 05:45 AM Profile for Nirtox Author's Homepage Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Hiho,
yes, they are aware of that aggro change on slow .. but I am not sure if they change it back so quickly. Damn in-game mechanics.

So long
Nirtox O'Vindharr

Sebekiz
Quote:
Member # 5005
Member Rated:

posted April 03, 2002 09:28 AM Profile for Sebekiz Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
Nice of VI to actually mention that they made a change. I guess the Shaman and Enchanter corpses were getting piled too high, and they had to admit to it before

someone noticed!
Old 06-15-2023, 10:17 PM
Kobold

more than enough evidence

p99 devs probably merged something out of era from TAKP or similar