Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Child's tear

Hello,

I hope you all are having a great weekend! I just wanted to rant on here a bit to see what other P99 players think of the status of Plane of Fear epic piece attainability.

I think it's really unfair that guilds have to poop sock the golems in plane of fear to get a single chance at landing the FTE message. Aftermath and awakened have fear perma camped making it impossible for lower tier guilds to even get a chance on a kill. Its bad enough that they are blocking regular players from their epics, but i'm pretty sure they have an over abundance of child's tears in the bank and are waiting to charge as much as possible for each poor fucking shaman out there. It would be nice if A/A offered an olive branch to the rest of the P99 community by providing non A/A shamans the tear if they come along on the raid with them.

I doubt this will ever change with the current rules and mindset of the top raiding guilds on this server, but I hope we find some decency on this server at some point. Completely blocking semi-casual players from their epic to make more guild money is completely unfair. You're essentially turning the casual players into slaves to make more money for your guild banks.

Sincerely,
SadShaman
Old 03-12-2017, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwawayaccount [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely blocking semi-casual players from their epic to make more guild money is completely unfair. You're essentially turning the casual players into slaves to make more money for your guild banks.

Sincerely,
SadShaman
It's always been this way. Even getting a rogue epic done a couple of years back was difficult with RMTers like Calabee blocking me from doing pieces I needed for mine.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

shaman epic is one of the most painful to obtain but it is the easiest quest wise.
I bought mine post update. Before the changes to the golem it was far cheaper. I regret not getting it then.

Also from my understanding (never been in a guild)...
Every guild on p99 are all selfish fucks.

Slurping on officer's D's to get ur epic is the fastest method.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shaman epic is one of the most painful to obtain but it is the easiest quest wise.
I bought mine post update. Before the changes to the golem it was far cheaper. I regret not getting it then.

Also from my understanding (never been in a guild)...
Every guild on p99 are all selfish fucks.

Slurping on officer's D's to get ur epic is the fastest method.
In fires we use a dkp system with an accrued dkp requirement to bid on certain rare epic pieces. If you put in the time you will get it, there is no favoritism. That being said, the list is long. We do these because our members need them and this is the only way that we seem to be able to get them as the mobilization on pop by a/a/csg is way faster than we can muster.

There are entirely way too many people needing these epic items than the classic respawn timers are able to support on p99 and it is causing issues.

There is nothing stopping any guild from going in and sitting there and trying to get fte, just like at lodi no matter what guild is sitting in there.

We get some people that go in to try to get fte hoping that we will not notice and kill it for them.

Also, the broodling spawn seems a bit on the rare side, maybe 1 out of the 3 golems will spawn one and we VERY rarely get all 3. We are lucky to get 1 each week and thats putting in a lot of sock time for very little potential gain as most of their loot is trash and very rarely what we need, exacerbating the problem.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2017, 06:32 AM
Fire Giant

save up money to buy it or join a good guild?

welcome to everquest.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Old 03-12-2017, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Imagine a high school lunch room..
Now imagine each guild sitting at separate tables in the high school lunch room.
Alliances are putting two tables together.

Do you think the "cool kids" at table A want to share their pixel pizza with the "fat kids" at table B? Fuck no.

This is something that has bugged me since the early days of mmos. It can even translate to life but that's another can of worms.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwawayaccount [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I hope you all are having a great weekend! I just wanted to rant on here a bit to see what other P99 players think of the status of Plane of Fear epic piece attainability.

I think it's really unfair that guilds have to poop sock the golems in plane of fear to get a single chance at landing the FTE message. Aftermath and awakened have fear perma camped making it impossible for lower tier guilds to even get a chance on a kill. Its bad enough that they are blocking regular players from their epics, but i'm pretty sure they have an over abundance of child's tears in the bank and are waiting to charge as much as possible for each poor fucking shaman out there. It would be nice if A/A offered an olive branch to the rest of the P99 community by providing non A/A shamans the tear if they come along on the raid with them.

I doubt this will ever change with the current rules and mindset of the top raiding guilds on this server, but I hope we find some decency on this server at some point. Completely blocking semi-casual players from their epic to make more guild money is completely unfair. You're essentially turning the casual players into slaves to make more money for your guild banks.

Sincerely,
SadShaman
Hello SadShaman. You're obviously very casual and don't know what you're talking about and that's ok. It's not ok to talk crap when your ignorant. So let me help you have a better day and clear things up for you.

CT is a 7 day spawn. When CT spawn fear repops with the 3 golems and Draco spawning as well. A/A, being hardcore raiding guilds, will obviously go after CT and incidentally kill Draco and the golems in the same raid.

Here's where things get better for you. The golems are 3 day spawns. So 3 days after A/A dream crush you and clear fear you get a shot at your coveted golems again (there's really nothing stopping you to go after the repops when CT spawns other than your tears).

From Aftermaths side we do not track the 2x additional golems spawns as a guild and they are left for whoever and whatever guilds want to track and kill them.

#OliveBranchExtended
Old 03-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A/A, being hardcore raiding guilds, will obviously go after CT and incidentally kill Draco and the golems in the same raid.
All the while it never occurs to them that they don't need to do the same raid every single week for a decade.
Closed Thread