Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Ho! White cocksucka! Swedgin!
Old 10-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Banned

Deadwood has amazing acting and writing, but the storytelling could be far better. Was a little disjointed at times, especially S2.

The new show "Westworld" was phenomenal though, arguably on the level of TDS1. I love existential shit so maybe was just my cup of tea.

Penny Dreadful was pretty awesome too, if you enjoy high-drama's and the frankenstein/wolfman/dracula content. The ending to the series was horrible though, the writer should be burnt on the stake for that one.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't notice any disjointed story after watching the series around 4 times, but due to the fact I watched the series around four times, I cannot be trusted with total objectivity here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yeah, Westworld was fucking amazing! Too bad season 2 is a ways away (sometime 2018 I believe).

Rome was also solid. I have secret hopes that NBC's Hannibal will be brought to HBO and continued, but that ain't gonna happen.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m very cautious about what I compare to td1
Still haven't read a critical synopsis of season 2 that said anything beyond "it's too complicated". I liked the hell out of the first season but I thought the second was on a higher level - it obviates anyone incapable of following a difficult plot, which is more or less the premise of a good story in my book.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still haven't read a critical synopsis of season 2 that said anything beyond "it's too complicated". I liked the hell out of the first season but I thought the second was on a higher level - it obviates anyone incapable of following a difficult plot, which is more or less the premise of a good story in my book.
It's well documented, and stated by Nic Pozzolatto himself that TDS2 was rushed. I've also watched it numerous times. I'm not sure what you're seeing that is putting it on another level from TDS1. And you aren't the first person to say to me they enjoyed TDS2 better than 1. While I certainly am ok with that being your opinion, I have to respectfully completely disagree.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wait until he watches Deadwood
Old 10-22-2017, 06:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump played a dark elf rogue for a short time on p99 back in 2013
The guy can barely make sentences, much less wipe his own ass.
Jump in when you can provide a video clip of him not looking like he is doing an impersonation of an actual asshole.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy can barely make sentences, much less wipe his own ass.
Jump in when you can provide a video clip of him not looking like he is doing an impersonation of an actual asshole.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trump's favorite book ^
Old 10-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

True Story:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Elect...lection+cicero
Old 10-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1xWhZ1a4V8
Closed Thread