Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, having an event where you want even number duel type fights is going to be subject to outside influence, no matter how you slice it. almost every event in the arena has people interfering mid-fight, people ganking those who are freshly rezzed, people willfully violating rules against certain items/buffs/strategies, etc.

these types of fights are cool for bragging rights, but they've been done SO many times in such a stale setting

like i said, it needs to be something objective based out in the world that each guild will be interested in fighting over

rough idea of an event that follows those parameters, while also adhering to the tools and powers at your disposal as only a guide:

-turn off invulnerability, buff yourself up, station yourself in a zone
-set a time limit
-designate a guild/group to defend you, or find a compelling reason for them to defend you
-guild/group that kills you within the time limit wins, or defending guild/group wins if time limit is reached

or:

-set yourself up in a zone with trades turned on
-set a bounty for a specific item found in a specific zone that players likely wouldn't have a stockpile of; this could be something like 50 leatherfoot raider skullcaps (the common drop from halflings in nektulos)
-first group/guild to turn the bounty in wins

as far as zone setting, i would avoid zones containing only one zoneline so that you can avoid camp-the-zoneline stalemates (karnor's castle is one of the worst offenders as an example)

an example of a good zone would be nektulos forest:

-almost zero chance of NPC interference
-low visibility
-fairly large
-4 ways to enter the zone, including a portal and an adjacent zone with a portal
-outdoor
-not a flat, tiny shoebox
-very accessible to low level players for spectating
Can we just make colgate a GM? haha
Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Banned

we did the 30vs30 thing, just make sure the leaders of each pvp group arnt vindictive assholes and purposely make a losing team like lite did last time just to put me and jupe on it. lol.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiznessTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we just make colgate a GM? haha
fuck colgate, make me the fucking GM. fucks sake. i don't know why im not one already. been here from red day 1 beta, hated by all so i cant do favors for anyone. I do way less drugs than any of the other GM's.

time to make red great again, agatha for Guide 2017.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Kobold

Tried a couple years ago to improve server pop. Doesn't work. Will never be 200+ again. Server too toxic and too many grievers.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Can you not just close the arena door, and only summon in participants? If you really want to have spectators have them create level one characters you summon and bind in there. Hand out DTs like its candy for any false starts.

On live [GM]/[Guide] tagged characters could open and close the door.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, post your ideas for the server friends! Thanks and have a blessed night! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do events that are attractive to new players.

Its nice to see that Mleh and Ogrok did well in an event, but that seems the kind of events a new player has no chance at even competing at.

Do not invest too much time in the 60 person toxic clique that has been around since server launch. That has been tried, the results weren't there.

So far you doing well though, I remember when Sirken did two GM events on consecutive days, he handed out a guise in each of the two events, and he managed to hand both guises to the same player - which caused 1 to go to a bard alt.

I don't know if its even possible to do worse then that, so there is that.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

I really liked back on live, random GM encounters that ask for a specific quest or Help to be done, winner would get a prize (I got a +4 tali at level 20-30 back on classic)
10/10 great memorys!
Lucky rare gm sightings! especially for the lowbys.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched sirken give a guise to a player named blackdick. Or whatever his name was it was something along those lines.
Its probably meant as Bla-Ckdick, they prolly understood each other in that sense.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Maybe you should stalk players around, call them out in ooc, and then kill them for no reason. The event can be called "How long does it take for an unprofessional retard to get removed from staff for abusing his power and the Prisoner of Azkaban." Good luck!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched sirken give a guise to a player named blackdick. Or whatever his name was it was something along those lines.
It was cancerdick actually
Closed Thread