Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

"Casting Revive on Dead Thread!"

I know this is an oldish post but I've been leveling my Paladin solo pretty much the whole way so far and he's currently 54. I pretty much did Lower Guk from 35-51, then at 51 I went to SolB and did bats until 54.

At 45 I was killing in Safe hall and stayed there all the way to 51, pulling mobs between there and lord. The hall is a nice spot because you can safely AFK and it's a quiet spot to heal up with your DW helm. I agree with Vizeryn; while not super fast soloers, there's absolutely nothing inefficient about Paladins. DW helm alone gives you like 44hp a tick during downtime, and Divine Purpose is almost like a Fungi for people who can't actually afford a Fungi. I loved Guk and now that bats are greening out I think I'll head back there and solo at AM/Lord!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

It's definitely possible, but slower than other classes. I've been soloing guards from 52-53 and yielding 1.5 blues per hour...mind you I'm not twinked out nor do I have epic. Doable, just takes time!
Old 09-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..., pally solo do is pretty steady even though it not fast. it work okay :3 can be as fun or boring as you liek, but it very repetitive. for some, it maybe akin to sitting you bare butt on broken glass and rocking back and forth while chewing steel bars. for others it maybe fun trying to figure out how to best sit on the glass. and then here those who think the glass build character.

i suggest grouping :3
Melon = thread hero

The only fun I can recall from being stuck solo on my paladin was killing Quillmane at even con and getting the cloak. The rest of it was just trying to stave off boredom killing time while lfg.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

If your only moment of exhilaration came from killing Pegasus, you should consider playing an anti-paladin instead.

Root-jousting is pretty fun with an Earthshaker...medding in between swings, then rooting (as many) adds (as you're willing to push it) near enough to where you don't get hit but the AE proc does. Even 1v1, a 600 damage round isn't bad at all considering Paladins aren't the damage dealers that other classes are. Once the 2h dmg bonus comes into effect, it will only get better. It's the poor man's class if there ever was one. Infinite heals from DW helm which costs 500p. And, thanks to having root, you can put off saving for a haste item and instead buy one of those cheap, hard-hitting/high-delay Kunark weapons like Argent Defender or Throneblade of the Ykesha for 200-400p.

Also, being able to dungeon crawl is more of a balancing act. It takes a certain amount of skill and luck. No feign death + CoS easymode. Instead you have to move around in increments, using a number of cheap items and spells...CHA gear/DW arms, invis rings, IVU, and root -> camp out as a last option.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quillmane ain't Pegasus. Also, EQ Paladins are pretty fk'in evil (read the lore, read the quest requirements), and the RL paladins were pretty fkin evil anyway (officers of Charlemagne's court, suck-ups invented the whole notion of "noble" being a good thing rather than the gangster lord serial murderer/rapists they were in truth.)

Wanna be an anti-paladin? Try emulating Buddha or Jesus.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wanna be an anti-paladin? Try emulating Buddha or Jesus.
Show us on Mroon's toy where Buddah touched you.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:02 AM
Orc

Paladins are fucking champs.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol'd
Old 09-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry, did my post go over your head? Next time you hear that whooshing sound just let it go, I'm sure it'll work out okay.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry, did my post go over your head? Next time you hear that whooshing sound just let it go, I'm sure it'll work out okay.
Nobody cares about your unsourced cliché anecdotes about the Holy Roman Emperor or that your parish preist touched you in confession. There is nothing to 'get' but over to 'Off Topic'.
Closed Thread