Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Default Warrior twink 2h

I'm looking for something better than a Staff of Battle if possible for under 10k. Any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

What's the Exquisite Velium Claidhmore go for these days? 32/36. Hard to get much better than staff for less than 10k I think.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Exquisite weapons are probably going to still run 10k+, but there's a stop gap between Staff of Battle and Exquisite. The stuff that drops in DN:

Massive Velium Brawl Stick 32/37 2HB. This is the one that I'm sure Filbus approves of the most due to the graphic.

Or one of the many 2HS:
Weighted Velium Battle Axe 32/38
Forged Velium Claidhmore 30/35
Massive Velium Claidhmore 32/37
Massive Velium Battle Axe 32/37

Take your pick of whichever you see in EC first for less than 4k.

Do not get a lance that uses the piercing skill. As a Warrior, piercing with max out less than 2HB or 2HS. Leave those to the Knights.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 07-31-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 08-01-2017, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

A fun 2h twink weapon is the Doljonimarinarr Lord Bob axe... 33/44, with a 140dd proc at level 1. If you can splurge a little I believe it's well worth the 15k or so. It also really looks nice, a huge double edged axe.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A fun 2h twink weapon is the Doljonimarinarr Lord Bob axe... 33/44, with a 140dd proc at level 1. If you can splurge a little I believe it's well worth the 15k or so. It also really looks nice, a huge double edged axe.
that sounds smexy although it would be terrible until the damage cap lifted
Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that sounds smexy although it would be terrible until the damage cap lifted
It actually aint bad, if you got decent haste and decent dex the axe procs frequently, so that 140dd proc really makes up for any lack of dps on a lowbie. I mean, even with cap hitting for 28-30ish, which was terrible I was still having a blast killing stuff due to that massive nuke.

I was running with a rbg for haste at the time (27%) and had 145 dex too on my pally, but still it was effective enough. I am still using the axe at lvl 26 and find it hits hard and the proc is still quite nice.

I go between that and shield/wurmslayer just because I prefer the MR on wurmy and the harder hits it lands with my paladin. Plus, I went dwarf so carrying it isn't hard labor like it would be for a puny elf.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Just hit level 30 so damage cap is lifted. I have a Velium Brawl stick already so I may play around with that now that I'm not capped anymore. I'm just not up to date on war weapons so I had no clue if there may have been a fairly inexpensive weapon between the dirt cheap Staff of Battle to something a bit better (maybe better looking).

Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It actually aint bad, if you got decent haste and decent dex the axe procs frequently, so that 140dd proc really makes up for any lack of dps on a lowbie. I mean, even with cap hitting for 28-30ish, which was terrible I was still having a blast killing stuff due to that massive nuke.

I was running with a rbg for haste at the time (27%) and had 145 dex too on my pally, but still it was effective enough. I am still using the axe at lvl 26 and find it hits hard and the proc is still quite nice.

I go between that and shield/wurmslayer just because I prefer the MR on wurmy and the harder hits it lands with my paladin. Plus, I went dwarf so carrying it isn't hard labor like it would be for a puny elf.
Haste doesnt effect procs
Old 08-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think he intended to imply that haste affected proc rate, rather that with haste even while affected by damage cap that the proc helps to offset things.

140dd adds close to 2.5 sustained dps for every proc per minute. At low levels where you're only parsing (at best) 15-20 dps with Wurmslayer + a good offhand, 2.5-5 dps from a proc adds up pretty well.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread