Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont even know why a shield was brought up in the first place. and good luck tanking as a warrior with a shield
You really have no idea how to play a Warrior, do you? I'm not going to hold it against you. You just need to admit it and be accepting to learn new things. You don't have to wear the shield. You equip it off-hand, hit Bash, and then switch your weapon back in. It happens in the blink of an eye. Slam is an unnecessary crutch for those who don't actually know how to play. Just like insisting that Ogre is the best race. But this thread isn't about race to begin with, so we don't need that nonsense.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blah blah blah words words words
Sounds like a lot of extra work just to be an elf warrior.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a lot of extra work just to be an elf warrior.
This isn't a thread about race. Quit changing the subject.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I dont even know why a shield was brought up in the first place. and good luck tanking as a warrior with a shield
https://youtu.be/zNjE1gBX_dg
Old 08-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP asked for input about many things, race being one of them.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well he should definitely disregard any input from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My thought patterns are, at the moment, DE SK, or halfling warrior (love the XP bonus)... maybe troll warrior for regen
Decide on the class first, and then the race. A few notes:

You'll be kicking yourself in the butt often for picking a Dark Elf SK. Your STA will be low, which means lower HPs, and your STR will be low, which means you'll be often encumbered while wearing plate or carrying trash to vendor like Fine Steel. Of course, both of these things can be overcome with gear, so if you're going to twink, it should work out fine. They also have a pretty decent Mana pool to start out, but that's only going to make a noticeable difference while Fear kiting.

Halfling is a fine choice for Warrior, not only for the XP bonus, but because you will have access to Dwarven Plate and one of the most powerful racial skills - Sneak. Sneak makes it really easy to maneuver in zones that have lots of see invis mobs or a mix of undead and regular mobs (think Karnor's Castle for both cases).

I don't really like Trolls as the race for any class. They're a very middle of the road choice, so if you can't decide for certain whether you want higher starting stats or regen, maybe that's exactly what you're looking for. But if I were going to eat the EXP penalty just so I could have increased regeneration on a Warrior, I would rather pick Iksar for the bonus AC (and lolForagelol). Plus, the higher starting stats become negligible when all Warrior races can finish 255 in STR/STA/DEX while buffed.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well he should definitely disregard any input from you.
For being right or just against your contrarian views?
Old 08-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
*Changes the subject*

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
For being right or just against your contrarian views?
See, this is what I was talking about earlier. Most of your "advice" was just misinformation from someone that isn't knowledgeable on the subject. There's no reason to be militant. Live and learn.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Most of your "advice" was just misinformation from someone that isn't knowledgeable on the subject.
I ran a few warriors on p99. first woodelf, then dwarf, then troll then ogre and even a barbarian to level 5 once. I was happiest with Ogre with most starting stats into DEX and AGI at 75.

Quote:
There's no reason to be militant.
Pot, kettle, black.
Closed Thread