Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Is there a way to swap in a shield for bash and swap back to weapon by using only keys on the keyboard? Or I have to use mouse click for the actual swapping in?
Old 09-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to swap in a shield for bash and swap back to weapon by using only keys on the keyboard? Or I have to use mouse click for the actual swapping in?
Mouse click. This was not implemented in live until OoW.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Just put it on your hot bar. Bash one key, secondary slot another key, and then shield (in inventory) in a third one. Put them all next to each other vertically or something. Click shield, drop in secondary, bash, replace weapon. Like 3 clicks within 1 inch of each other. Takes less than a second.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

get the clicky heal BP and switch fungi out for it to heal between battles

also try 2x blood point
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

between battles heal:

breastplate right click/hotkey
bind wound (combat tab of actions window)
sit (main page tab of actions window) - to stand out of bandage, thus not interrupt the heal spell cast

wait until bandage and bp heal complete, then repeat until 50% / 70% as bind wound skill dictates.

Hp goes up pretty fast while tapping bp heal and bind wound simultaneously!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just put it on your hot bar. Bash one key, secondary slot another key, and then shield (in inventory) in a third one. Put them all next to each other vertically or something. Click shield, drop in secondary, bash, replace weapon. Like 3 clicks within 1 inch of each other. Takes less than a second.
To piggy back on this, I've got bash, kick, and disarm on the same hot key in that order. Saves room on my hotbars. By having bash first it will fail if you don't have a shield equipped and kick will work. If you do have a shield equipped your bash will fire and kick will not because they share a timer.

And disarm to get the skill up.

Also, off topic in a solo thread but in groups I've been putting on my shield more recently mid fight. Mostly if I get two procs in a row or if the mob gets rooted. Runed Blade is also wonderful if the mob gets rooted.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To piggy back on this, I've got bash, kick, and disarm on the same hot key in that order. Saves room on my hotbars. By having bash first it will fail if you don't have a shield equipped and kick will work. If you do have a shield equipped your bash will fire and kick will not because they share a timer.

And disarm to get the skill up.
If putting skills on a hotkey like this, how do you know they are up again?
If using the normal hotkey you see when you can use it again.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe keep the combat abilities page open so you can monitor there?

Or use a multi-hotkey bar UI, have the bash button on the visible bar and the social hotkey on an invisible bar mapped to the same button?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does still work.

Regarding "wurmslayer is horrendous dps" - that's simply not true. I've got the following 1h weapon ratios in my bag: 12/22 + 70dd proc, 11/23, 9/18, 14/28 and wurmslayer 25/40. While I don't have a SoZ to compare with - I have parser running in real time with on screen display while I play. Very consistently even at 52 the highest dps combination is still 25/40 primary and 12/22 + proc offhand. Through 30s and 40s no other combination was even close. By 52 the gap has closed considerably but wurmslayer still comes out on top. I imagine by 55 it will no longer be the most raw dps of the weapons I have but for now it still wins.
Since I've had this question come up often in my own mind I created a spreadsheet with the known damage formulas. My data lines up with your anecdotes. Wurmslayer + 12/22 weapon will begin to outperform a Staff of Battle at level 32 and continue to improve it's lead beyond that. Mind you that's without even considering the proc.

Edit: With the Kunark 2H damage bonus after 50 applied the 2hander does indeed catch up and surpass the DW combo, ignoring the effects of the proc.
Last edited by port9001; 10-03-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Old 10-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since I've had this question come up often in my own mind I created a spreadsheet with the known damage formulas. My data lines up with your anecdotes. Wurmslayer + 12/22 weapon will begin to outperform a Staff of Battle at level 32 and continue to improve it's lead beyond that. Mind you that's without even considering the proc.

Edit: With the Kunark 2H damage bonus after 50 applied the 2hander does indeed catch up and surpass the DW combo, ignoring the effects of the proc.
Correction:

After updating two hand bonus damage from the latest patch dual wield is better from levels 37-50 with these weapons.
Closed Thread