Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you agree to roll on scout?
Agree 153 65.95%
Disagree 79 34.05%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine the shitshow if someone wanted to force OOT AC to be only for personal use if they wanted to get on list.
Yah shorter lines at ac and people questing their own shit how awful
Old 10-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voting no. Wtb disc 20k PM me
ill pay 21k holla at yo boi
Old 10-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

I dunno what to make of the "no" votes here. Trolls or people that just want it to be an FFA loot/MQ shitshow like most other loot is on the server? The entire reason this works is because the LOSERS in good faith help the winner pull and kill the captain. If this turns into an FFA disk loot for sale or MQ to friends and guildies as the standard and not the rare exception to the agreement then it will require everyone who comes to roll needing their own kill force because the losers will have no incentive to help the winner.

Nobody likes coming to these for a month and losing every roll only to watch people take advantage of the good will of the community by stacking their rolls and giving the disk to an alt or guildy.

I vote YES to roll and YES to your disk/your loot and people who betray the agreement put their entire guild's participation in jeopardy because if you burn the losers the losers should stop helping you and your guild is going to turn into Savage 2.0.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

@ liquid's post;

Entirely wrong. First of all, its not that it would be like 'most' other loot on server, it would be exactly like EVERY OTHER MOB / LOOT on server as is completely fair.

Who here is gonna tell me you never EVER bought, or sold any single item in game, on main or alt, and purely quested / hunted it yourself? Even ALS has sales within guild.

People help roll winner regardless. One time someone wins and decides to sell after. Fine. Another time YOU win for your char that has some shitty bracers or w/e, and they help you. Then next time everyone helps whoever won again regardless of what they decide to do with it. Why does it matter to you (the helper) where disk ends up? Its not gonna end up in your pocket either way, so why even help the guy who wants it for himself for an upgrade? What about next time when you win, why does that person who wants to sell it want to help you?

You come, you might lose for a month, 2 months, or never win. Thats what a completely unbiased, fair roll is. You are not entitled to getting loot, you earn it, or in this case, be lucky. Dont be salty your dice suck. I have never won the roll on these despite coming to many, and have 0 salt about it because its a fair loss regardless of where disk ends up.

So again, NO to provision that only roller can loot; rolling in and of itself is fine and the rest of the agreement, but to be 100% fair to EVERYONE involved, rolling should only grant ownership of mob and not designate loot.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Go ahead and vote no. What'll happen is it starts going to the same guy ten times in a row who will give it to guildies or sell it. Standing on spawn clicking air is as dumb as this game gets.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Kobold

If anyone could roll for anyone else than an entire guild can just show up and roll every time. Bring 50 people all roll for one person every single time. Hell even if that person doesnt need it, they can lock this mob down as a way to make their guild money since they will be the only ones winning the roll and can sell them for 20k.

The people like you and me who are showing up every 10 hours are putting time and work in deserve a fair shot. Ive helped kill Captain 100 times. Why should I help 1 person get the item just so he can make 20k when there are people who have been coming for months because its an actual upgrade?

Thats horse shit. Go farm something else if you need money you broke bitch.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 10-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go ahead and vote no. What'll happen is it starts going to the same guy ten times in a row who will give it to guildies or sell it. Standing on spawn clicking air is as dumb as this game gets.
No one is advocating click fest. Just outlining roll rules
Old 10-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone could roll for anyone else than an entire guild can just show up and roll every time. Bring 50 people all roll for one person every single time. Hell even if that person doesnt need it, they can lock this mob down as a way to make their guild money since they will be the only ones winning the roll and can sell them for 20k.

The people like you and me who are showing up every 10 hours are putting time and work in deserve a fair shot. Ive helped kill Captain 100 times. Why should I help 1 person get the item just so he can make 20k when there are people who have been coming for months because its an actual upgrade?

Thats horse shit. Go farm something else if you need money you broke bitch.
If an entire guild is showing up for every roll to win, they are putting in exactly the same effort (if not more so since it means they cant do any raid or anything) as you are. Why are you so entitled to loot when someone else who puts in the same time and effort is not?

The point of roll is it is a fair way to judge who wins. You cannot lock down a roll with pure numbers, as its random. You can have higher odds with more people, but its never a lock down like say using third party clicker program for clickfest.

Why should anyone who shows up every 10 hours for a month help YOU out when they dont get item? And you try and tell me that 20k isnt an upgrade for someone every bit as much as item itself. Even if someone could use an upgrade bracer, maybe that 20k gets them that item theyve always wanted but was short of money on so they decide thats whats needed.

Go play in some other instanced game if you feel entitled to I DESERVE LOOT.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Yes but you tell me I can't roll for my alt, I no longer have a method of getting scout without breaking your roll (of which I have no plans and do not even currently attend rolls). Yes sellers suck. If you find one, just don't help them. But if you tell those sellers they can't roll, you've hit a roadblock and they have the ultimate leverage of burning it down.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Too bad so sad. Thats the rules weve agreed to. Dont like it dont come. This will not be a mob in which we are allowing farming. This will not be your cash cow. Get over it.

Why would to not be able to get it for your alt? Go faction, go get the tools and then show up like the rest of us. Put in your time, get your item, move on.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Closed Thread