Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

In A/A you spend less time obtaining your goals, and as such the lower tier guilds are actually more hardcore as they will spend 50-100 times the man hours obtaining the same goals.

As a casual player in A/A you have the benefit of having raids available 24/7, so you can basically chose to raid whenever it suits you.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

So is Aftermath or Awakened more friendly to casuals then? I see Aftermath has a 10% raid attendance before bidding on anything, what is the requirement in Awakened?

Do both of them allow people's alts to outbid mains?
Old 10-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

DKP = cancer
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

No mention of CSG? We're killing Dain (when we can win the races [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), Yeli, Tormax, etc every week. No mandatory raid attendance in Europa at least.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

The way I see it is any guild that doesn't have mandatory raid attendance is casual. I believe Awakened has this, and I think Aftermath does as well. You basically raid when you want to raid and both are respectable guilds. Also 10-15% RA is casual as hell. Back when I used to raid it was 30% or maybe it was 35% over a 90 day period to be called "active" which let you go in on loot. I think a lot of these "so-called" casual guilds have mandatory raid attendance. That means if you are online when your guild is raiding no matter what you are doing you have to stop and go help your guild. I have been there done that, and tbh it sucks. I mean who really likes to leave a group of good friends because a raid target spawns, I know I don't! I would rather keep hanging out with my close friends, I am sure most others would as well. With that said, don't listen to the haters on the boards. Just go to the guild's website and read their charter/info section to see if that particular guild is right for you. Best of luck and welcome to p99! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Speedi; 10-12-2017 at 03:48 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Again, A/A requires you to raid if you're online during your recruitment period. Non-casual play is part of the indoctrination process for both of these guilds. This isn't true for any other guilds on the server.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, A/A requires you to raid if you're online during your recruitment period. Non-casual play is part of the indoctrination process for both of these guilds. This isn't true for any other guilds on the server.
Raiding when you are online does not mean non-casual. If you only play once a week, and you raid that one time a week, how is this non-casual? Just stop.

Also, you keep saying you have to raid when you are online, but raid mobs are not up 24/7. We don't require you to track all day long, so even on the day that all 7 day mobs are in window, you are free to play EQ however you want. When a raid mob spawns, sure, head on over!

You sound upset, and it looks bad.

Edit:
As to Awakened's loot policy, we have a 15% Raid Attendance requirement to be considered "Active". We have multiple tiers for loot. Items either fall in as Main First, Main/Cert (basically your second best toon) First, Alts, or "Rot Tier". Being Active means you can bid in these tiers properly. Being Inactive, you can still bid and win items, you just bid down a tier. So, you will not be bidding on Main First items, but you can still bid on Main/Cert items for your Main. Some items in this tier include Fist of Lightning, Cloak of the Sky, Boots of the Destroyer, Trident of the Deep Sea, Wurmscale Fistwraps, Cloak of Thorns, Cloak of the Falling Stars, White Dragon Scale Sash, and many other very nice items.
Last edited by Breaken; 10-12-2017 at 07:18 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

You can dress up mandatory raiding any way you like, but at the end of the day it's still mandatory raiding, and it certainly isn't casual.

Don't take the bait if you value your autonomy.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can dress up mandatory raiding any way you like, but at the end of the day it's still mandatory raiding, and it certainly isn't casual.

Don't take the bait if you value your autonomy.
We arnt BDA. We dont send /tells if you are at fungi king when Aaryonar pops because frankly we usually have enough to focus on thats in front of us rather than scrap the bottom of the online roster to squeeze out another player or two.

Raids are NOT mandatory in AW once you are a full member. Simple as that.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Banned

The problem with P99 raiding isn't that it is time intensive and you can never leave your computer (there are people in both guilds who will happily track and screen share), the problem is your phone can ring at 3:00am with a twitter alert saying CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE.

There are probably 100 raid encounters a month that A/A responds to and almost none of them are during prime time. The reality is these dragons pop at all hours of the night and in the middle of the work day.

What makes maintaining raid attendance difficult is you have to be willing and able to drop IRL at the drop of a hat and rush to your computer for 30 minutes at any given time. Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

I tried raiding for awhile and I just cant maintain the RA requirements playing the 2-3 hours a night during prime time that I am able to play. I got from 5:30-8:30 CST for gaming and that's about it - But I am not mad because EQ is not made for the weak and that is classic
Closed Thread