Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Skeleton

Default Favorite moments from P99

Figured we could use a happy thread in here for now. What are some of your fav moments from this server? Hoping this could maybe motivate me to take the plunge past lvl 20 as I'm finally starting to accept that my duo buddy that I started with isn't coming back.

I have 4 level 20's so my experience is very limited but I do have one huge moment that stood out. My bro and I were on our first toons, maybe lvl 10-12 Druid and SK. We were heading out to check on derv camps in North Ro when a super nice lady stopped us. She could tell we were fresh off the boat from the way we looked. She stopped us and asked about being new and informed us that we looked cute. She then told us to wait a sec while she looked through what she had on her, offering anything she could to help us. I've always felt bad how we squandered the crazy start we had here.

After a few moments she told us that she didn't really have anything on her for a dru or SK. It didn't matter, she went all in on the hook up anyway. She then handed me a Stave of Shielding and a bard weapon that I can't remember the name of. The bard weapon was worth around 750-1k at the time. I sold it and bought me and my buddy some random pieces under 100p. I used the Stave for while before selling it, so I could get some gear on a necro. Oddly enough, my duo bro won a twitch giveaway some guy did for plat to people in his stream, like 3k plat lol.

What a crazy start we had for 2 new players. He had never played the game before and I only really played in middle school, think my max was a lvl 30 range SK that never left the zones close to Cabilis.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Group vs Group pvp long ago on my red ranger fighting for control of Unrest/Dagnor's.

LAN parties with my friends.

Omni open Vox raid.

Having good times with the people I meet in the game!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

ryantwins vs relapsee
Old 10-18-2017, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Back in April, when I was an app to Awakened, we were raiding Avatar of War. One of my first big raids!

Right away, it was pretty awesome to see all the raid charmers with their 10+ charmed giant and wolf pets ready to go. I had charmed a dire wolf. I felt pretty swagger with my hasted 244-hitting murderwolf, rocking my Crystal Chitin armor. We might've killed Vindi before AoW was pulled, which, if you haven't seen it, well, looks kind of comical as he comes running with this slightly-too-fast-but-not-too-jarringly run animation. This, I thought, was some good EverQuesting.

Everything went surprisingly smoothly for the first 80% or so of AoW's HP. These guys know what they're doing! I was very happy I had no charm breaks. Then, our MT unexpectedly died. Speedbump, followed by another tank dying. 5% later, all tanks were dead. DPS were dropping like flies. With 15% HP still left on the Avatar, I was 100% sure we were dead anyway, so I pressed the button you're not supposed to press. I really just wanted to buy time for clerics to get out.

"Taunting attackers as normal, Master."

I don't know whether I was more surprised that it seemed to have worked, or that our clerics, rather than camping out defeated, rolled the CH chain on my wolf, but when the last melee died, Tank Wolf rose to the occasion and took aggro on the Avatar. The chain rolled on. Sweeni, I think, ordered everyone who wasn't a charmer or healer to suicide themselves eating a round to ensure the wolf would live. People dumped Reaper and Soulfire charges. No one was camping. The Avatar of War was, somehow, still going down. I was dumbstruck, but it was working.

It was intense and absurd. As AoW's HP kept dropping, I thought, what an incredible and hilarious recovery. Honestly, I don't really remember what I did after clicking pet taunt besides chain Nature's Touch and hope really, really hard that my charm would keep holding. It did! We killed him! Man I was stoked, for about, thirty seconds. That was when Tank Wolf, still below 95% HP and apparently revealing itself as the Avatar of Mischief, proceeded to break its charm, summon and straight up murder me.

Praise Bristlebane. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Banned

Finally completing my Monk epic 15 years after I started it was a very touching moment in my EQ playtime.

However Velious launch on P99 was my favorite moment. I was not stuck in Kunark for 7 years like some people and from the time I started playing on P99 to Velious release felt very 'classic' to me. Plus that was when <Asgard> was at the height of its power (before merging into Aftermath) and BDA hating was at an all-time high. I also had the power of Wu'Tang during this era of P99. Fatnar put an end to that though, now I don't even log on my monk because the pain is real =(
Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ryantwins vs relapsee
thats right up there for me too
Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ryantwins vs relapsee
Just search RyanTwin20 on youtube and you can spend a few hours laughing. Ryan is a f#cking moron

This is one of the cringiest thigns I have ever seen (besides maybe RyanTwin20's racist rant which can also be found on youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtQYY8zdA4

Edit: Found a reddit AMA he did lawl
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...Z3&sh=e3a5e2ce
Last edited by Spyder73; 10-18-2017 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

The Somethingjoe and EC Commonlands Hacker event

that was a weird saga

A top ten moment for me ( hard to remember them all ) had to be when Lady Vox triple spawned on top of us. We killed our Class R rotation Vox then BOOM the FFA Vox repopped instantly on top of us. So we killed her too! However, ANOTHER one spawned and well, we kinda ran out of gas after 2 Vox in a row and we were only a bunch of lvl 52s. She got the best of us as well as being Class C ( no touchy!), still though, 2 Vox in a row is very impressive!

Good times
Last edited by Erati; 10-18-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Back when they allowed Gambling in EC tunnel, a guy was offering his Fungi Tunic and Cloak of Flames as a prize if you can roll a 777 or 666 out of a 1000. The Bet was 1k for 10 rolls and I was 15k in at this point But i knew i was gonna win soon. Issue was i was on my last 6k so I came up with a plan. I zoned into Nro and Spammed my /random 1000 like 50 times and half way thru I fcked up and rolled a 777....

My heart dropped....

My plan backfired and now what do I do...

Well I came this far not to give up so might as well break the bank trying. So I zoned back over gave him 2k and asked for 20 rolls...
/random 1000 spammed, People cheering me on in ooc and shout, the anticipation of my soon defeat

666!!!!! I WON?? I WON!!!! HOLY SHIT I WON!!!!

The guy NINJA LOGS!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! HE LD'ed RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME CELEBRATING!!!

I died for a few mins as I waited to see if he would come back and RIGHT AS I WAS PETITIONING......... He logged in Apologized and Gave me my winnings!!! I won a CoF and Fungi back in 2012 for 17k and that was my greatest EQ moment.

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk
Shinken 52 Vox Monk
Old 10-19-2017, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

5am batphone goes off for Trak, I log in as I was camped on the ledge and offered up being an anchor for a mage because as a druid I could evac to the entrance but there are no mages online yet. TMO has maybe 10-15, TR gets to about 25-30. Zeelot sees that TR is mobilizing betters and tries an interesting trick. TR monk engages Trak and Zeelot laughing over ventrilo tells us all to log off. Seeing that TR has more people but not the right combination Zee does an interesting thing. Zee unequips his bow and re-equips his bow so the graphic of the bow appears in his hand. We take it the TR monk thinks that Zee tried to shot an arrow but wasn't in range and the TR monk ran in and got FTE. TR wipes, TMO sweeps in, like 2 druid BPs or something terrible but it was a funny that he tricked TR into engaging off of the bow graphic.

It has been awhile but I still enjoy running up to newbs in places like the Oasis with the skeleton illusion from my AoN and making them think I am a Dry Bones. Then offer them an invite and buff them with group DS and PotG. I have done this with people running twitch streams and port over to Kurns or Unrest and get fun reactions. Oh no there is a skeleton with no name above its head,RUN!!! oh wait it is just some druid buffing us, THANKS!!!
Closed Thread