Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Or atleast admit that you WERE the tyrannical scum of the server while you were able to be, and now youre trying to save face. The longer this goes unexplained the more everyone is skeptical of your motives. I promise you, nobody is thinking "wow, Aftermath is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts." Nobody is that remedial.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's like the Jets saying "you know what guys, we'll not bother with the playoffs this year and give you other teams a chance".
Butt fumble!
Old 08-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot has been pushing for it for over a month, and Unicity and Arthion apparently discussed it together long before Riot ever formed. Many guilds have been asking for it for a long time. A separate guild leader Discord was set up, sans-Aftermath, with arguments made that it would never happen because Aftermath would block it.

Well, here we are: not blocking it, not reluctantly agreeing to it, but coming out in support of it with more generous and less restrictive terms than Riot stated.

Mobs that are still competitive in this era of unclassic mechanics remain competitive and mobs that require mega-zergs will now be open to casual, smaller guilds to experience.

Fewer petitions, less toxicicity, a healthier and friendlier raid scene. A win for the server.
Cool. Wanna rotate KT, Doze, Statue, Gorenaire, Dain, Yeli, Trips, and Doubles instead of inner ring then? You know, the mobs where you actually have a shot outside of lawyerquested freebies?

Nah, you want to rotate the mobs that you suck the most at.

And let’s not pretend the casual raiding guilds are killing any of those targets outside of quakes or the rare double spawn that locks AM/Riot.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or atleast admit that you WERE the tyrannical scum of the server while you were able to be, and now youre trying to save face. The longer this goes unexplained the more everyone is skeptical of your motives. I promise you, nobody is thinking "wow, Aftermath is doing this out of the kindness of their hearts." Nobody is that remedial.
You hold a lot of hate in your heart. Please let it all out. I know it’s difficult to be denied loot in the past. I’m sorry you were picked on. If anyone asks , ramen cares for you. (Sorry about no warder loot)
Old 08-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot has been pushing for it for over a month, and Unicity and Arthion apparently discussed it together long before Riot ever formed. Many guilds have been asking for it for a long time. A separate guild leader Discord was set up, sans-Aftermath, with arguments made that it would never happen because Aftermath would block it.

Well, here we are: not blocking it, not reluctantly agreeing to it, but coming out in support of it with more generous and less restrictive terms than Riot stated.

Mobs that are still competitive in this era of unclassic mechanics remain competitive and mobs that require mega-zergs will now be open to casual, smaller guilds to experience.

Fewer petitions, less toxicicity, a healthier and friendlier raid scene. A win for the server.
The hero no one wanted or needed. Monrezz is so generous.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Originally Posted by Detoxx View Post
"I tried my hand at rotating with the casuals."

"It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately."

Explain how it went from THIS to the fucked up narrative you are trying to spin today. With AM being the charitable good guys.

AM is the ones with extreme short term memory. Us "CASUALS" will not forget who you are or the meta you created.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately."

Explain how it went from THIS to the fucked up narrative you are trying to spin today. With AM being the charitable good guys.

AM is the ones with extreme short term memory. Us "CASUALS" will not forget who you are or the meta you created.
Dammn, you just know there are hundreds of more posts and narratives spun by Detoxx against the casuals and examples of him walking back his rhetoric time after time...
Old 08-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why did Aftermath wait until they were no longer #1 to suggest this? You are forfeiting mobs that are no longer yours to forfeit. Stop beating around the bush and give that explanation. Thats what everyone wants to know. Did you wake up and feel charitable this week?

Detoxx said - he wont give filthy casuals a crumb. Why the change of heart all of the sudden?

Answer this
Detoxx has so much real estate in your brain that when he agrees with you and lays out an agreement for the thing your guild wants to happen, you have a 15+ page RnF meltdown. The guy is running circles around you.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How 'bout that Dozekar? Tormax? Dain? Yeli? Trips? Doubles?
I mentioned these in the UN and in this thread repeatedly. Those mobs can still be contested and won with a minimal kill force. Is your guild capable of killing Dozekar? Tormax? Dain? Yeli? Trips? Doubles? If the answer is yes, turn up during the spawn window and go for it - you have a chance at winning it.

Now compare that to the inner-ring encounters and the disparity between it. Your 30 man raid force is perfectly capable of killing Lord Kreizenn, but you will not win a single Lord Kreizenn when up against a guild who can engage Lord Kreizenn, both guards, potentially one or two trash mobs and dedicate a portion of the raid to kiting trash and keeping that train away for the duration of the kill. It does not matter how skillful your players are or how clever your strategy is: your odds of winning him are zero. Competition is zero. No matter what effort you put in to improving, your odds remain at zero unless you join or form a mega-zerg.

In the zone line era small guilds had just as much chance at winning FTE as any zergs and then pulling the mob in for a kill. If the guilds didn't have the infrastructure for COTH mages, they could snipe one of the frequently dropped pulls.

Guild diversity is healthy and a competitive environment is healthy.

Quote:
Stop beating around the bush and give that explanation. Thats what everyone wants to know.

Answer this
The reasons are posted in the announcement and in the replies here. Just because you choose not to read them does not mean they are not there.

And again: regardless of motives, it's a win for the server. You don't need to pat us on the back. Just have fun!
Old 08-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:

Wisdom
Closed Thread