Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 04:00 PM
Aviak

By my math, there are 20 Everquest days, in 1 RL day. Based on that, its around 12 Everquest years between Kunark and Velious.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Norrath time is sped up by a factor of twenty. 20 game hours per realtime hour (3 minutes per in-game hour), 20 game days per realtime day, etc
Okay, wait, so if I made my character exactly 1 year ago (real time) how old does that make her in-game?

20 years old? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 08-26-2019, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, wait, so if I made my character exactly 1 year ago (real time) how old does that make her in-game?

Yea thats what my math checks out:

1 Irl Year = 7300 everquest days, 20 ever quest years.

Crack open a some fancily crafted dwaven ale in aprox 18.25 IRL days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

10 IRL years to get 200 EQ years though? that seems wrong...

That'd make the server's version of norrath is roughly 200 years old in EQ years...

Making our actual date somewhere around 3300, which I find dubious because, in that screenshot its already 3128, and to add 28 EQ years with our current 72 minuet day math, that would take 511 IRL days.

That means it'd be 511 IRL days since the last server reset? Ok even if that were true, i have this screenshot

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So:

May 5th the year was 3128 (screenshot on page one)

June 21st it was 3141

that is 13 years..

Which according to our 72 minuet day math would take 237.25 IRL days..

The number of IRL days between May 5th and June 21st is: 47 days!

SOMETHING fishy is going on here.........
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-26-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Old 08-26-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More than that because your character is already a grown adult upon character creation.

Jibartik: There is indeed a distinct lack of consistency with respect to game time. It's obviously been reset numerous times, but it doesn't reset every time the server goes down (just as in-game vendors don't always clear, either).

Danth
Old 08-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Jibartik doing Jibartik things, solidifying himself as one of the best posters on the site.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

There are some serious metaphysical problems brought up here. There is a chance to learn something about Norrath here, but more importantly, just perhaps learn something about this "IRL."

Ok, before we can even talk about time, we will look at some easy questions and analyses. How fast does Norrath rotate? Is it even (an approximate) sphere? What are the dimensions of this sphere? How long does Norrath take orbit Sol? What is the shape of this orbit? Is the Copernican model even correct in the Norrathian universe?

Let's start with the most glaringly strange clue to start answering these questions. The first is Lucin. There is something VERY strange going on. As Sol rises, Lucin ALWAYS sets. That puts Lucin always on the opposite side of Norrath. If you are to imagine our solar system in the Copernican model this is simply impossible. That would make Lucin another planet further out and we'd pass it up in our orbit....

Now, of course, The Lord Brad could have thought the drugs required to Immerse properly would make me not notice. But I know He always has a purpose for me in His creation. And the more I analyze and the more Immersed I become, the more I am starting to see The Truth. The Signs are all there. The 4 dimensions of the IRL universe combine with the 3 true dimensions of The Brad Universe. Then the virtual 4th dimension is the Most True and Virtuous as it IS Immersion. And the 9th is the one to bring them all together and the one The Lord Brad truly lives.

And the 1/20th scale of time you perceive is but an illusion of your Immersion. So, hence we go, from 4 dimension to 3 to 2 as time is still left, and then as time is but an illusion, we pass into perfection as we become one with the Lord Brad in the existence of only Immersion.

I shall reveal more as The Voices allow.
Last edited by Lemonhead; 08-26-2019 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Voice #3
Old 08-28-2019, 12:33 AM
Kobold

Norrath is equidistant between Luclin and the sun. It doesn't orbit either, they are all fixed and Norrath simply rotates in place. Or they pivot around us which amounts to the same thing.

The concept of Year does not exist since an orbit of the sun is never completed.

The Years tod to us by /time are meaningless, it's almost as if our characters are all in some sort of simulation ….DUN DUN DUN......
Old 08-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

As far as my knowledge goes, the moon visible from our Norrathian view is Drinal not Luclin, if my mind serves me right
Old 08-28-2019, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Praise Immersion!

Quote:
The evidence for a flat Norrath is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world. This is using what's called an empirical approach, or an approach that relies on information from your senses. Alternatively, when using Descartes' method of Cartesian doubt to skeptically view the world around us, one quickly finds that the notion of a spherical world is the theory which has the burden of proof and not flat Norrath theory.

Perhaps the best example of flat Norrath proof is the Bedford Level Experiment. In short, this was an experiment performed many times on a six-mile stretch of water that proved the surface of the water to be flat. It did not conform to the curvature of the Norrath that round Norrath proponents teach.

Many other experiments demonstrating the lack of curvature in the Norrath may be found in "Norrath Not a Globe" by Samuel Rowbotham, as well as in the Experimental Evidence section of the Wiki by Loramin.