Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at early levels druids are pretty much the best at power leveling any class. Although buying a brazier of elemental summoning is almost as good as getting a power level at lvl 8.

Once you get to 20 or so that will change. Monks are pretty good although they are much better for melees than wizards. I am not really sure who is best for power leveling wizards past the early levels.
Heallun is also a good PL'er, i do things...somewhat, like a druid :3
Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Druids are good at the start for obvious reasons. Later on enchanters and bards are good for pwrlvling wizards.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

Agree, Heallun knows his stuff, fantastic power leveller!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Thanks everyone for all of the information.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Heallun rezzed my necro in Highkeep the other day, I like him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what is the enchanter going to do? Tank them with the least hps and ac of anything in the game?
Silly Slave.

Up to level 20ish mobs, it's not like ANY level 55+ gets hit for more than 1 or 2 points of damage on like 10% of incoming attacks. Enchanter can PL a lowbie wiz easily, assuming the wiz has enough mana pool to PBAE kill stuff, by rounding up 30+ mobs and tanking them while the wiz smokes them.

Casting a rune (real or the no-component ones) or using stuns will keep aggro on the ench and stop the ench from taking any damage at all while the wiz kills.

To add to it, the wiz gets clarity for more mana and a rune for safety and the enchanter can help speed up the kill with his crappy little DS (or if you wanna be fancy, with shaman pot DSs).
Last edited by Namegen_Isterrible; 06-27-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Kobold

From 1 up to somewhere around 20-30: bard and ench are the best PL for an at-least-somewhat-twinked wizard up to somewhere between 20-30. I'm not sure exactly how high level of mobs can be tanked in large numbers when this method would stop working well without some... creativity.

30+: A SK or a necro would be best.

A 49+ mage or a well-geared monk could probably do very well too, though, so long as you fight stuff that is near the wizard's level so that he can finish off the 5-10% mobs with 1 nuke. I mean, if you think about a level 34 wizard killing spectres (just an example) with a mage/monk, he can nuke for 320 for only 160 mana, and specs only have under 2k hp. You can med 160 mana, without c or anything, in about a minute. A level 30-40 wiz killing a level 33-37 mob every minute nonstop is going to be a damn solid PL. If you could get a clarity or work out some AE kill or use a smaller nuke on mobs that the monk/mage gets down under 5%, it'd only get better.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namegen_Isterrible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silly Slave.

Up to level 20ish mobs, it's not like ANY level 55+ gets hit for more than 1 or 2 points of damage on like 10% of incoming attacks. Enchanter can PL a lowbie wiz easily, assuming the wiz has enough mana pool to PBAE kill stuff, by rounding up 30+ mobs and tanking them while the wiz smokes them.

Casting a rune (real or the no-component ones) or using stuns will keep aggro on the ench and stop the ench from taking any damage at all while the wiz kills.
Casting a rune is that much aggro? Ok, a level 60 enchanter with tons of gear at 600 AC MIGHT be able to pull enough for a level EIGHT wizard to AOE effectively with chain stuns. You're gonna piss off the one zone I can think of it working in for that one to two pulls that it will be efficient... I mean, what's the point really?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Rune is actually a lot of agro, but its agro isnt necessary as a high level enchanter can lockdown a pack of mobs and hold agro with chain stuns. The trick is hitting the right zones.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

I just doubt it can work right up to 20th level with Enchanter. At 750 AC with a 52 Druid, with fungi and chloro, it starts to become difficult to pull that many mobs and survive the hits long enough for your powerlevelee to kill them off, even when they are DS'd. I still don't think you're going to hit 600 AC with an Enchanter... but maybe I'm just going about this the wrong way. Obviously you could survive long enough chain stunning for 2 minutes (if you can get them off between bashes) with maximum mana for an AOEer to blow their mana. I guess if an Enchanter is all you have, that's what you have to work with. So it's probably possible, but is it worth it?
Closed Thread