Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Kobold

I think that's a terrible comparison, Slave, for many reasons.

1. 8 levels is a much bigger difference when talking about tanking level 20 mobs than a couple hundred AC is.

2. Rune is awesome.

3. Stun is even more awesome.

4. Druids PL by inviting hits (and probably higher-damage hits) by sitting to get more DS damage. The enchanter is just going to be standing there getting missed the vast majority of the time, and when he does get hit he's gonna get hit for low damage the vast majority of the time.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Do you know that for sure? My level 60 int caster can't really stand up and take that kind of punishment against even just 5-10 level 20 mobs at 575 AC. I know because I've done a bit of PL that way. Those 8 levels must really mean a lot, from +32 to +40 levels, and I've somewhat seen that in action but not to that degree.

This just makes me question the whole AC system. Do we even have parses on how effective it is on people of the same level? Can of worms!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

And I know Rune and Stuns are great, and an advantage over my class, but Runes do not prevent stuns by bash anymore either. With that kind of AC and no regeneration, you'd think Enchanter would get their butts handed to them on the regular by enough mobs to matter in a PL.

Well, seeing is believing! WTB level 60 Enchanter PL. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Aviak

I've been pled by an enchanter up to 20 rather quickly.

Sorry slave but you are very wrong in your assumption that its not that good.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoTass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been pled by an enchanter up to 20 rather quickly.

Sorry slave but you are very wrong in your assumption that its not that good.
Things are relative; I can do it in about 2.5-3 hours with a Druid for a 0% exp bonus/penalty class. How fast was the Enchanter PL?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I know Rune and Stuns are great, and an advantage over my class, but Runes do not prevent stuns by bash anymore either. With that kind of AC and no regeneration, you'd think Enchanter would get their butts handed to them on the regular by enough mobs to matter in a PL.

Well, seeing is believing! WTB level 60 Enchanter PL. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when we were AoEing skyfire two enchanters could lock down 150 dark blue/light blue mobs. You needed two enchanters of sufficient level to counterbalance the occasional resists. Cleric would do some healing because occasionally you have a mob or two resist both stuns in a wave, but honestly if the enchanters weren't locking down the mobs no amount of healing would matter.

A 60 enchanter won't really have to worry about resists from mobs 20+ levels below and should really be taking near no damage. The logistical concerns are really more about packing the mobs so they all get hit by stun, making sure you don't have any weird stun immunes, and ensuring that the wizard or group you are pwrlvling has enough mana to kill the mobs (or do the majority damage if you have external help).
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I think level 20 is right around the cutoff point where mobs go from dealing no damage to "enough damage that you wouldn't want to pull 10 of them without stuns or slow or something."

Level is weird. If you were talking about tanking level 20 mobs, I bet a level 60 enchanter with 500 AC would take 5% of the damage that a level 30 enchanter with 500 AC would take, even though they would have the same defense and dodge and agility and worn AC and displayed AC.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when we were AoEing skyfire two enchanters could lock down 150 dark blue/light blue mobs. You needed two enchanters of sufficient level to counterbalance the occasional resists. Cleric would do some healing because occasionally you have a mob or two resist both stuns in a wave, but honestly if the enchanters weren't locking down the mobs no amount of healing would matter.

A 60 enchanter won't really have to worry about resists from mobs 20+ levels below and should really be taking near no damage. The logistical concerns are really more about packing the mobs so they all get hit by stun, making sure you don't have any weird stun immunes, and ensuring that the wizard or group you are pwrlvling has enough mana to kill the mobs (or do the majority damage if you have external help).
That was also when bashes could not interrupt a spell through a Rune, which they now do. And mobs bash about 200-300% more now than they did then, as well. Hard to take those two things exactly into consideration.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Aviak

I think it took me 3-4 hours to get my cleric to 20. This was a few months ago, so yes a few things have changed with stuns like you mentioned. Also it was only a level 52 chanter
Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Only effective wiz PL ive seen (not played, seen) is bard. bard rounded up entire zone (OT) and brought everything into tight circle for the wiz to AE. Bard might have done a chant or something too to speed up. After each pull bard and wiz would group while bard pumped mana. Seemed like they were doing about 15-25 bluecon mobs per pull and killing them in about 4 or 5 mins and then about 2 min for FM and another 5 for another roundup.
Closed Thread