Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Banned

Default Edit: /List is Negated by FD classes

Starting to see fd classes sit at guise on list while completely safe waiting for a group to come clear it for them. Imagine how bad this will be once more catch on here , rubi bp etc . It works for manastone but not the other camps that can’t be solod at the minimum list level. Can’t wait to see the 50 monks flopped at fungi king camp waiting to collect their tunic in kunark.

Also the list avoids afk checks if you dance in and out of range of the camp .
Last edited by Telin; 11-11-2019 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Foul language
Old 11-11-2019, 11:30 PM
Server GM

Are you saying that the person #1 on the list is FD and not clearing? Or they are further down the list and just FD ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:46 AM
Kobold

First person on the list for Guise was just feigned at it not clearing and waiting for any group to come down, is my understanding.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:00 AM
Banned

There's player enforced lines for Thex Dagger working fine

Do not see a need for this /list mechanic
Old 11-12-2019, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's player enforced lines for Thex Dagger working fine

Do not see a need for this /list mechanic
I saw someone skip the line at the Lenya turn-in. People tsk tsked.

Thex Dagger <<< Manastone
Old 11-12-2019, 05:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying that the person #1 on the list is FD and not clearing? Or they are further down the list and just FD ?
The former. What’s stopping FD classes from holding the camps hostage? Sure they have to be miserable at afk checks but after seeing 11 people at manastone at 6am est on a Monday I realized that a good amount of people here have inane bullshit tolerance. The necro who got a guise today spent over 12 hours on the /list FD’d, waiting for someone to build a group to kill it for him. He at least participated when the time came , but what’s to stop less scrupulous players from just flopping at camp and answering the afk checks and collecting loot at more rigorous camps like the rubi bp. kunark camps like locket , fungi, etc. would get way worse I imagine. Just an issue I see coming after having done both MS and GOTD camps this week.

Also not first hand but guildie said that afk checks don’t happen if you enter and re exit camp range . This was fine for them as a puller but someone’s going to abuse that too I imagine
Last edited by BurtMacklinFBI; 11-12-2019 at 05:49 AM..
Old 11-12-2019, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

If you're avoiding the afk checks by entering and re-entering the camp range over and over doesn't that kind of prove you aren't afk.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're avoiding the afk checks by entering and re-entering the camp range over and over doesn't that kind of prove you aren't afk.
Your missing the point. That’s easy to automate with basic Logitech keyboard or mouse software. Having it move your char up into range and out on set timers . Far easier to stay on manastone list for 3+ days that way. Afk checks on the list arent automatable
Old 11-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Petition these people if you see them, it's gotta be fairly obvious.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Petition these people if you see them, it's gotta be fairly obvious.
I’d like to know if someone fd listing and not contributing or being part of the group clearing is a valid strategy. It will change the meta at hard camps . If it’s petitionable great , would like to hear it from a GM tho. It’s going to be sad if groups build for list items and have to let the first 10 go to necros and monks flopped around camp answering afk checks and nothing else .

Also since you can box teal and green, this will happen. Easy to do , little attention required , can still progress on the other server

One easy fix? Move the list along each time a full cycle happens without the mob dying .
Last edited by BurtMacklinFBI; 11-12-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Closed Thread