Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which will actually have enough zones to sustain this populace
If you can't find stuff to kill now, I don't understand why you'd be happy come Kunark. There is not a lack of places to be right now. There's just a lack of will to leave the beaten path/best ZEMs/best loot camps.

Yeah. 1000 players who generally know the "best" spots to exp/farm isn't classic. But neither is being unwilling to leave the half-dozen "best" zones in the game to find fun elsewhere in lieu of bitching about crowding on the forums.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have literally talked to over a dozen people in my guild who will not be logging in for awhile in hopes that things will die down or will just wait until Kunark, which will actually have enough zones to sustain this populace. I am not in a large guild either, so a dozen people not logging in is a large chunk. There is a program called Discord, I know it didn't exist in 1999 but it certainly does now.

For those that say these are classic numbers, fine, except people didn't know what they were doing back in 1999. 75% of the server was not 30+ by this point in the timeline. When you have to compete with the majority of the server 40+ for only a few zones, it really stinks. It really is awesome to go into a zone once you get a group set up and do a CC and people come back with "everything". It usually ends up with one of us splitting off to each of the zones to see what is open and nothing is. SolB, LGuk, CT and even MM (which is greening out at this point) are all camped. We have even tried Permafrost, which apparently has no mobs in our level range, all are solid green or red. If we could get some of our necros their required words, we would even give Kedge a try, even with its awful pathing.

It was hard enough to find camps open when the servers were split, now it is near impossible.
Sounds like an MMO with instances would be more up your alley. Try the TLPs or WoW
Old 01-22-2020, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't find stuff to kill now, I don't understand why you'd be happy come Kunark.
Agree. It took Velious for stuff to open up decently on "Blue."

Danth
Old 01-22-2020, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Red is a reliable low pop server for low pop seekers. Someone will probably give you a toon with a DE mask for free if you really gotta have one.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

1000 pop on kunark is equal to a ghost town for level 1-55 basically.

Field of bone has more low level mobs than all of classic combined.

Man I wanna go get killed by some weird lookin badger things in field of bone. Best game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree. It took Velious for stuff to open up decently on "Blue."

Danth
Like... yeah... there's clearly more spots come Kunark. But if someone wasn't willing to leave massive ZEMs or willing to chase out-of-the-way camps during classic, are they really gonna be happy with a group on the wall of overthere or camping rare spawns with 10 other people in TT or fighting over keys for HS/seb?

Not bloody likely. Lol.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
getting desired camps is not easy in EQ

you gotta show up early and or wait

its very rare to form a 6 man group, venture over to Lguk in prime time and the camps are just waiting for you

that never happened on live in classic era, we used to be happy camping a 3-4 spawn static room w a few random blue mob pulls between.
I never said I wanted to just venture into a zone and have a camp waiting for me. As I said in my post, we split off to check all the zones. I only have from 6pm-10pm CST to play on a good night. Those are the playtimes I have to work with and I had similar times on Live and never had an issue with finding at least one spot for a pre-formed group to camp. Granted, I never played Classic, I came in after Kunark launched.

I would be happy to kill 3-4 mobs, but predetermined camps on here keep me from doing that. For example, in LGuk, Exe/Cav/Sav/Sage is all one camp and Lord/AM or Hand/AM is one camp. Those were not camps on Live. If I go in there and try to contest any of those rooms, I get called a KSer, a camp stealer, or get trained. Then a GM has to get involved.

What are my options then for a group if not those few level 40 zones? Camp guards and take a faction hit? Not group with my friends when that is what makes this game actually worth playing? Make an alt, level it to 30, then rinse and repeat until all my character slots are full of 30s?

It is just funny that the people here on the forums want a big populace server but then talk crap to the casual people who make up that populace or suggest they go to a different game. I keep forgetting though that P99 only caters to the neckbeard min/maxers instead of making the experience more enjoyable for everyone.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Large Rat

> I keep forgetting though that P99 only caters to the neckbeard min/maxers instead of making the experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Yeah, making a MMORPG that is enjoyable for everyone gives you WoW. The various barriers in classic EQ filter out many of the laziest and most desultory of gamers and the ones who are left tend to be better playing companions in every way. Patience is rewarded, as is effort, and you can only obtain the shiny thing you want if you are capable of a very high level of cooperation. It's what made EQ classic unique among MMORPG's.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I never said I wanted to just venture into a zone and have a camp waiting for me. As I said in my post, we split off to check all the zones. I only have from 6pm-10pm CST to play on a good night. Those are the playtimes I have to work with and I had similar times on Live and never had an issue with finding at least one spot for a pre-formed group to camp. Granted, I never played Classic, I came in after Kunark launched.

I would be happy to kill 3-4 mobs, but predetermined camps on here keep me from doing that. For example, in LGuk, Exe/Cav/Sav/Sage is all one camp and Lord/AM or Hand/AM is one camp. Those were not camps on Live. If I go in there and try to contest any of those rooms, I get called a KSer, a camp stealer, or get trained. Then a GM has to get involved.

What are my options then for a group if not those few level 40 zones? Camp guards and take a faction hit? Not group with my friends when that is what makes this game actually worth playing? Make an alt, level it to 30, then rinse and repeat until all my character slots are full of 30s?

It is just funny that the people here on the forums want a big populace server but then talk crap to the casual people who make up that populace or suggest they go to a different game. I keep forgetting though that P99 only caters to the neckbeard min/maxers instead of making the experience more enjoyable for everyone.
I mean, I get that you want to do a pre-made group with your friends, but it's kind of an unrealistic expectation to always have that ability in this non-instanced game. I have not had issues finding groups in the high level zones, even post-merge. The difference is I'm not showing up with 4+ people trying to find a completely empty camp. You may have to split up your pre-made group and be willing to join other groups for awhile. I've found joining PUGs to be just as enjoyable as playing with guildies or friends...everyone is always willing to be social and chat and have a good time.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1000 pop on kunark is equal to a ghost town for level 1-55 basically.

Field of bone has more low level mobs than all of classic combined.

Man I wanna go get killed by some weird lookin badger things in field of bone. Best game.
Don't disrespect the burynai. Badgers are the best animal.
Closed Thread