Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well to be fair sig is new. like REALLY new. not just a returning player from years ago. it's a very different thing and I thnk every1 gets used to returning players but completely misses the boat on someone freshly minted. understanding this, you might have some compassion for sig. sig has no idea where to go or what do. probably isn't prepared for the long haul, or getting lost in a zone somewhere, dying and not knowing how to find the corpse. this is not a small ordeal for someone playing in 2020 with so many other MMORPGs out there.

i've played on p1999 before, quite a bit. i've played eq for a long time. everyone i've met has been friendly. i even rolled a dark elf sk alt--because i never played a dark elf before. the main difference i think is i had preknowledge about everything and the journey is a lot smoother that way. and being i actually like how eq plays, like corpse runs for example, almost nothing is a rude reminder of its "outdated gameplay," as htey might say.

sorry sig for your experience. people around here tend to have a blind spot for people like yourself. a lot of that's due to it being so uncommmon for people like yours trully to visit. EQ at this day and age is almost entirely composed of returning players. the live servers aren't any different.

this reminds me. on live the UI is so incredibly bloated i myself became like a new player when i tried it again. I cannot fathom what it must be like for someone new to everquest. i dreaded creating an alt--since hten i have leanred there's a way to copy the UI in options. the UI fills up half the screen even on 1900x1200 (whatever it's). i realize when eq released in 1999 it also had a large UI, however this is different. back then a large portion of the screen was just images. they had no function. these days, the scren is filled with functiaonal things liike buttons and chat and similar. it's crazy!!!!!!! starting out in teh tutorial almost broke my brain when i fist came back. what's unthinkable is a player new to everquest starts out with a heroic character. OMG. baby jesus died. information overload.

a good way for new player is just watch someone else play it. it's painful, but you'll see exactly how things are done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQmcHgxO2I

but really the only way to lenar is to play. you have to enjoy the core game mechanics, IMHO, at least somewhat. things like no maps, no glowing paths, no icons above NPCs, coin/item weight and encumberance, corpse runs, lots of traveling, diseases, trains, grouping-oriented, high death penalty, kill monsters much more than doing quests, not led around by a quest chain, chat with NPCs to get quests instead of a UI, and just unforgiving. otherwise it'll just be a burden. nostalgia alone has never been enough for me.

i enjoy the mechanics. it's the same reason i enjoyed wurm online, except wuyrm online is (or was anyway) a hybrid of old UO and eq.
Why revive this thread
Old 03-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The OP's post reminds me of the Uber meltdown I had in 2001 when I lost my lvl 6 monk's corpse up a tree in the karanas. I "quit for good" that day, and then I played EQ for another 10 years. Quit this game now before it steals another minute of your life from you. =P
Old 03-02-2020, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Hey bro - come here - closer - u mad?
Old 03-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

How can the soup nazi's soup taste so good?
Old 03-03-2020, 02:15 AM
Banned

Gee I've been playing this game for literally 21 years, and this server for 11 years, and when somebody is a dick to me I just simply do not even remotely give a shit in any regard. And the rest of the time, people are generally cool and good. Your stupid temper tantrum didn't require that many separate line breaks OP. Please stop being a mad dork and play the game with us, or fuck off I don't care.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:39 PM
Banned

Yea thats how i have been since 1999

its the internet its not real, have fun and play a healthy amount because the stay at home weirdos and forum trannys are unstable miserable fucks
Old 03-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Banned

If you are upset by the community, make it better, you cant force these things. Ask yourself how you may make it better. Be kind and smile emote to your fellow adventurers. Offer them a helping hand. Or a bit of courtesy. It goes a long way and will make it's way back to you, in Norrath, and out.

That being said. I find it easy to deal with inconvenience and discourtesy when I myself am not the one creating it and moving it along. Do I faulter? sure. Do I have faults? Sure. People come here to have fun. They also come here to hide. And some to get away from what is hurting them. Sometimes they bring that pain here. They don't necessarily always mean to.

God bless.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Banned

Also, there is no other game with Neriak in it. A lot of love went into Neriak.
Closed Thread