Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Banned

Why would a Paladin need dex? I am honestly confused by this.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Aviak

I hate to set myself up for disappointment but i probably don't understand how proc's work then.

How often will i proc with 90 Dex?
How often will i proc with 250 Dex?

I'm not looking to be the best paladin i can be, im simply trying to make the class enjoyable to play, which to me, is through procs...Bonethunder, Ghouldbane, Natures Defender...

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig
Old 07-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Banned

So the only enjoyment you get from a paladin is from getting your weapon to proc? That is sort of weird.

If you are going to use nature's defender that means you are high elf or half elf, aka low physical stats. To pump dex you are going to need to sacrifice hp/stam which are already fairly low. The healer in your groups is going to struggle more to keep you alive and probably go oom quicker because of it.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to play a class that tanks and from which you simply seek enjoyment out of procs, you should play warrior.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

As far as Velious goes, theres only 2 options for a Pally earring with Dex;

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and Cougar Claw Earring
Old 07-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to play a class that tanks and from which you simply seek enjoyment out of procs, you should play warrior.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 07-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Aviak

I knew the question could be answered, thanks Itap.

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig
Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Dex makes a noticeable difference going from, say 75 dex to 150, somewhere around there. As a mostly soloing Ranger, I love me some swarmcaller procs. I carry dex gear to swap into, and a couple of the higher +dex potions. I can definitely tell the difference in proccing. After it procs, I usually swap my gear back out. If offensive procs make you feel badass, then go for it and screw 'em if they say you are doing it wrong. Although, technically, you are, at least if you're MTing for a group.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should think of it as constructive criticism and reconsider your end goal. You're not going to get enough dex to make a difference even if you gear everything towards it and even if you did you'd be cheating yourself relying on procs when all wpns have the same modifier on this server.
Unfortunately Pint is correct. Even at 255 dex the return on procs from Ghoulbane plus it's innate DPS is still far less than a BoF for example. Iirc, I want to say at 255 Dex you get 2 procs per min. Haste of course does not improve that rate. If you are looking to solo or maximize dps for some other reason, the best investment I have found for a Pally is STR for accuracy. If you just want to see the most profs possible for the heck if, then more power to ya ^^ others have already addressed the original question ^^ good luck!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dex makes a noticeable difference going from, say 75 dex to 150, somewhere around there. As a mostly soloing Ranger, I love me some swarmcaller procs. I carry dex gear to swap into, and a couple of the higher +dex potions. I can definitely tell the difference in proccing. After it procs, I usually swap my gear back out. If offensive procs make you feel badass, then go for it and screw 'em if they say you are doing it wrong. Although, technically, you are, at least if you're MTing for a group.
Show me a paladin usable weapon that procs a slow and dex might be interesting. Or maybe not, think I'd still rather have the hp & ac and keep my epic equipped.