Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default My ideal raid scene

Not saying this would please most or even some people. Just explaining what I would enjoy. I'm not concerned with logistics, this is perfect world scenario stuff for me. Maybe someone else will agree, most probably will not.

The main goal is to keep the current raid scene, while also increasing competition, and accessibility to some of my favorite parts of my favorite game.

All zones remain as is. But zones that have raid mobs in them can have instanced versions created. These instanced versions need some modifications, and restrictions to keep them interesting, competitive, and not just EQ easy mode.

- Instances are restricted to same guild only. No pugs allowed.
- Instances are locked to the characters that join within the first 15 minutes. No late arrivals, backup, parked alts for looting, etc.
- All loot is no-drop
- Trash mobs will respawn as normal, raid mobs will never respawn
- All trash mobs and non-raid named mobs have no quest/named drops. Just some plat and maybe mid tier gems. A full clear of the instance should yield 1k or so. It shouldn't be worth farming.
- Raid targets should drop 30-50% less loot than its open world version. For example if you were to get 6 items on the open world version you only get 2-3 items on the instanced version.
- 30 minutes after everyone leaves the zone the instances closes and a guildwide/accountwide lockout occurs regardless if you killed the raid target(s) or not. The lockout would be for X days where X is equal to the spawn time of the raid target(s). Maybe X should be twice the spawn time. Numbers can be adjusted.

The above rules are strictly in place to keep instances from being abused, farmed for non-raid target related quests, plat, etc. As well as keeping them less rewarding than their open world counterparts.

I enjoy strategy, skill, teamwork, and all around top level play in all games. In Everquest to me that is best displayed by low number kills. As such I want to incentive that. If your instance locks with 20 people in zone your % loot rate should be higher than another raid that brought more. If you can kill with 20 what it took others 100 to do you should be rewarded for that.

An option I always enjoy in other games is hardcore mode (1 life to live). You would have the choice to make your instance hardcore which will further increase the drop rate but once you leave the zone you can not re-enter, not even with a rez. When the instance closes, your corpse will be found near the zone in to the instance. The same way LDON handled corpses stuck in an instance. You can not regain the lost xp with a rez.

Finally, I want some competition so there would be leader boards to show off the best of the best. Who can kill each target with the lowest numbers? Or with the least amount of clerics, lowest total DPS, Lowest number + fastest time, etc. Each zone will have its own leader board, and the top 3 raids of each leader board will be given points. 1st = 4 points, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 1 point. Those with the most points server wide are granted a title. Example: Lets say the instanced zones are NToV, Veeshan's peak, and Sleeper's Tomb. "MrA" was part of the raid that is currently in 2nd at VP, 1st at NToV, and 1st at ST. MrA has 10 points and lets say that's the most points server wide. Then MrA and everyone else with 10 points gets rewarded a title. However its possible that a "MrsB" and company comes along and dethrones MrA's raid on NToV. This will drop MrA down to 8 points and raises MrsB to 10. MrA now loses his title, and MrsB steals the title from him. I really like the idea of the top power gamers earning something unique, but that can be stolen away by other determined players such as a title.

While far from a perfect solution. I will keep dreaming ...
Old 11-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Dear God man... do you realize the FQ flame hell you've unleashed?!
Old 11-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

You lost me after you started talking about instances. This is classic EQ here not DeyBreak Games
Old 11-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by qvic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keep dreaming ...
Old 11-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

I love classic EQ, but with the current raidscene, p99 isnt classic EQ anyways, and I must admit instances sound better and better.
What i didnt like was the leaderboards. Will there be a neon sign above the instance showing a leaderboard? Nothanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

phinny and lockjaw have a dozen instances of nagafen and such, feel free to play there.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by qvic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- Instances
stopped reading here
Old 11-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

I dipped my toes into the raid scene here, I found it awful personally. That being said, I realize many people love the raid scene.

My question is this, when the word "instances" is typed, why the sudden vitriol?

Can someone that raids now on P99 explain how instances are bad besides not being "classic"?

I want to hear some reasonable explanations why instances are bad and evil. Do tell.

***EDIT Not that it matters, instances will never happen on this server. I just want to hear the explanation behind the hatred for instances.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Kobold

with a guy named qvic.... he most have enjoyed GoD.... nothing to see here.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

About playing on daybreaks servers here is what my idea and daybreaks servers have in common :

1)The name of the game being played.

That's it. The mechanics are different, zones/graphics/items/spells are different, the instances are 99% different. Daybreak instances have no penalties, options, competition, ladders, etc.

About the leaderboards it could be either a UI toggle much like they added on live for the PVP leaderboard. Or it could be like the inn/tavern message boards. It would be discrete and only those who care about it will notice it. For everyone else status quo.

About it not being classic FTE foot races, PBAE cap, variance on prevelious, lack of patch days and emergency patches (important for raid spawns), post Luclin UI, Item linking, can't drop coins, lvl requirement on epic, buying your epic from a merchant.

This server is closer to classic than any other server, but I hesitate to call it a classic server. Also this server is a better place for having some of these features

About my name I stopped raiding in PoP and never stepped foot into GoD. I heard its trash though.

So far the arguments against this kind of instancing are "I don't like it", "not classic", and "I didn't read it"
Closed Thread