Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-24-2023, 02:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Coming Back!…No loginserver accounts

Hello! I am looking at getting back into the swing of things and logged in here and it seems I no longer have any login accounts associated with my account. Were accounts purged at some point? I’m worried I may have made another forum account or something and this one is tied to a super old account or something. Wondering if there was a way to search login account by character name or something maybe? Apologies in advance for how annoying this is.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:34 PM
Large Rat

Hello
Old 01-29-2024, 05:09 AM
Banned

it's not uncommon for players to face login issues, especially if there's been a long gap since the last login. Accounts aren't typically purged without significant reason, so there's a good chance your account and characters are still intact.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:06 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! I am looking at getting back into the swing of things and logged in here and it seems I no longer have any login accounts associated with my account. Were accounts purged at some point? I’m worried I may have made another forum account or something and this one is tied to a super old account or something. Wondering if there was a way to search login account by character name or something maybe? Apologies in advance for how annoying this is.
I have exactly this problem.

The forum account email address used for P1999 has no login accounts, even though I played the game religiously a couple of years ago. Trying to get things setup again now, I have no idea how to get my login account information back.

I can't see any way inside the account section to try and progress this. I don't remember if my login account was EQEmu or not (I assume it was, if P1999 handles this directly, recently?) but how can I figure that out?

Really need some help with this.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:56 AM
Skeleton

I was able to get my EQEmu forum login sorted and can now see my login accounts, so @caben try that first.

However, in order to reset the game login account password, you need to setup SMS, which I did but its now stuck in that nothing has been sent for me to confirm and I can't try again as an SMS is pending. Until that's unblocked, I can't access my login accounts...
Old 01-29-2024, 08:56 AM
Skeleton

Right, so the SMS arrived and I validated for P1999.

Then I had to do the same for EQEmu, so again setup the number. SMS arrived there too.

So both P1999 and EQEmu now have SMS configured and the accounts are linked.

However, now before I can reset my login password I have to wait for another email to arrive because there are active login accounts associated, which so far it hasn't. However, after 7 days apparently it will be automatically validated (bit odd, what's the point of the email then?), so worst case I'll check this time next week.