Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Have you tried windowed mode? It might work there.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Aviak

I always run in windowed mode. The game crashes in full screen mode.

Anyway, the video modes I listed before are in the options button, before you even log in.

I've found now there are other options, in-game, and there my resolution shows up. I've tried it, and it fills my screen with the game, but, like I said before, it's not a true 16:9 format, for the reasons I already explained before.

I wanted to change the format to be able to see more of the game, but that doesn't seem possible.

I'm thinking maybe the game wasn't designed for 16:9 format.

Have you guys tried to switch from 16:9 format to 4:3 and check if there's any difference on the game view on the sides?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Banned

You can set the pixels to 16:9 but you cant make the field of view match. So its kinda lame.

I think EQs default FoV is something abysmal like 60 or 70, needs to be set up to 90 IMO, wish there was a way. Maybe that dx9 wrapper dll floating around could do it.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just set a custom windowed resolution via the eqclient.ini. You can set anything you want.
This - don't bother using Options, it never has the right resolutions in it, edit the eqclient.ini file and set them there.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Aviak

If I can't have a bigger view of the game I don't think it's worth it to change the format.

Anyway, thanks everybody for the help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

I play 2560 x 1440 in full screen. I THINK you need to run the config program which sets the proper resolution options for you.. (optionseditor.exe) When I have issues with video settings (such as changing the video card via copying the install to a new computer) , I have run this and it resolved things for me. It detects your video card and I suspect populates your .cfg or .ini files with the various resolution options which you can then select in game.. Hope this helps!
-----------------------
Old 09-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Initially, I wasn’t seeing my resolution because I was looking in the wrong place, in those options before the log-in screen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My resolution does shows up in the in-game display options, and I’ve already tried it, but it doesn’t do what I was expecting.

Yes, it fills out my entire screen, and yes, I do have more space for my UI stuff, but the main reason I was trying to change the format was to have a wider view of the game, and that I don’t get with the 16:9 resolution. It’s the same view as with the 4:3.

You know, you log in with 4:3, you see, for example, a hill on the left far side and hut on right far side. You log in with 16:9 and you see the same things on the far sides. I wanted to see more.

In fact, with the 16:9, the game view is actually smaller. It gives me the same horizontal view, but a smaller vertical view, very noticeable in the character selection screen, where you can’t see the feet of the bigger races, but in 4:3 you can.

In-game, this probably means that with 16:9 you don’t get to view as much of the floor or the sky as with 4:3. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For all the above, I’m sticking with 4:3, but thanks for help anyway.