Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't consider using shutting down the government as leverage to attempt to force an agenda to get rid of a bill negotiated for and passed 3 years ago to be patriotic.
Negotiated and passed behind closed doors without any input from the other party, and passed in a state that no one, including the bill's sponsors, could tell you what was in it or how it would be implemented.

Just sayin'.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Orc

I would be satisfied if just one of them was strung up from a tree
Old 10-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

lol at people who still have hope for america

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be satisfied if just one of them was strung up from a tree
If it was Harry Reid or nancy pelosi I bet you would be cheering them on
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol at people who still have hope for america
This. I'm beginning to think we just kinda got lucky after Europe destroyed itself
Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negotiated and passed behind closed doors without any input from the other party, and passed in a state that no one, including the bill's sponsors, could tell you what was in it or how it would be implemented.

Just sayin'.
There was input from both sides, that's why there's no public option among other things. It was passed federally in both the Senate and House (though the bill had to be altered to meet the demands of Republicans, so not sure where you no input crap comes from), though several states have resolved to not allow medicaid expansion. It is pretty obvious how it is implemented, as it has already begun.

God damn, if I ever have kids I will send them to a K-12 FOX NEWS school. I'll never have that awkward moment when you feel like your kid is becoming smarter then you.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was Harry Reid or nancy pelosi I bet you would be cheering them on
I would cheer on no one who shuts down government and defies a majority, whether or not I agree with their position or not. It's not worth the possibility of freezing our economy and destroying economic progress, or forcing nearly a million people to work for free, or accept pay at a later date in the form of back pay.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
God damn, if I ever have kids I will send them to a K-12 FOX NEWS school. I'll never have that awkward moment when you feel like your kid is becoming smarter then you.
I have a feeling you would experience that moment regardless if they went to school or not. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling you would experience that moment regardless if they went to school or not. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling if you sat down too fast at your computer you'd break your own neck. That seems to go for most of the people on here when it comes to political knowledge/comprehension.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Default We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what's in it.

Governing at its finest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU
Closed Thread