Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were promised a Teams PvP server with custom work to adjust the different sides for as much population balance as possible.

Still waiting on that one. Maybe in 2020.
This is the only way I'll play EQ PvP, I want people I KNOW are on my side, I want war between the factions (although that would get bad quickly with entire cities on lockdown). I played a LITTLE on Red in 1999, I hated it, EQ controls like ass when you're in panic mode, first attack = win. I also played the Team server and you had land battles on EC between the humans and dark elves fighting for control of land...it was insanely fun, I'd love to see how that develops, even it would need a bit more babysitting and possibly custom rules to stop things like Freeport being completely taken over for weeks at a time...a day, thats cool, a week? Thats grief, but it would be crazy dynamic.

Make THAT and I'll play Red, otherwise I see no point in starting over to solo.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Fuck red come play uthgard

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-11-2017, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever. If you like Red, play on it. If you don't, don't. And stfu in the blue forums trying to lobby for people. We know it's there, we know what it's like, and we don't want to play with you.

This is server chat, not the blue forums... just saying.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2017, 01:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 questions:

You can server transfer here?
Is it really ok to play both servers at the same time? Doesn't violate rules?
Yes, you can play on red and blue at the same time.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for the majority of blue players on the blue server.* I wish something could be done to improve the situation there. There just isn't much reason to go play there unless you want..
to deal with waiting in line for everything you'll ever want ever. Having no chance at top tier items despite working hard for months, and having to rely on your guild winning FTE for a chance at a loot table. Taking items that aren't exactly what you would want because it could be months before you get another shot at the same dragon twice. What a waste of time it is to play on Blue.
  • Jboots (camped 24/7 on Blue)
  • Stormfeather (camped 24/7 on Blue)
  • Pegasus Cloak (camped 24/7 on Blue)
  • Scout Charisa (camped 24/7 on Blue)
  • Every Dragon (camped 24/7 on Blue)
  • Every Faction Leader (camped 24/7 on Blue)
  • Any Specific Timer Based Mob (good fucking luck 24/7 on Blue)

Raid for years and years on Blue, and still be worse geared than the players on Red. Who when they get bored are killing each other for fun with the spoils of PvE. The closest thing to this you'll find on Blue are the footraces to each dragon to determine which guild gets to kill it. Not to mention the amount of time you can spend staring at the space where a dragon could be along side other players who are attempting to do this longer than you can. I realized this early on, but the Red server is perfect for anyone who wants to have a geared character in Everquest while still maintaining a job or a social life.

Play on a Blue with over 1,000 people preventing you from getting what you want. I won't do it, this game is just too old to care that much. We all know the content and have done most of it before. I have no interest in mastering the nuances of dealing with players who think I've stolen their camp, threaten GM intervention, and who apparently never go to bed.
Last edited by Symbioticforks; 01-11-2017 at 01:55 AM..
Old 01-11-2017, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Absence of PvP is the definition of nobody to interact with.

You see more people on blue you mean? That's great I suppose, get to inspect and be inspected by people whose gear doesn't matter because they can't use it in combat against another player. (which would be helpful to then secure a camp or something relevant)
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have fun on blue because there's people to interact with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CoM is great...

ooc: ARENA IS CAMPED! STOP PULLING FROM ARENA!

ooc: guys seriously stop pulling moat mobs

ooc: why are people soloing in the middle of the courtyard? stables has nothing left to pull

KC is great for the same reasons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you ever want a break from all the legalese and problems with overcrowding, come and give the red server a go.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

35 ppl on red currently! go get your gear!

might as well play skyrim

people come to classic server to...play classic. not to have uncontested loot switch.

after years and years of reading these shit play red posts I think there is actually less people on there than ever.

kind says something about your sever that so many more people would rather play on a toxic raid server where they'll never see most of the mobs/loot, doesn't it?

I mean, you can't even give shit away
Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

I login once or twice a day to red, only to find /w all count around 14-20. occasionally you will see 60 if apex is attempting a raid. The primary reason Tune is trying to recruit on red and get more players is the guild is basically dead. The rest of the server has combined to stop them from doing 80% of the available content, they tried to lash out and take old dragons like sev/fay and PD etc to cut off the other guild to no avail(they have lost PD every time)

It is true they all have alts geared with ToV loot, some with primal too. But you won't ever have that gear, You will be talked into boxing a cleric they already own while playing a rogue or something they need on raids. They have a bunch of geared toons they give out access to for members to risk boxing so they can get pixels. As of the last 3-4 months they have been starved out of top end vulak pixels, cannot kill AoW let alone tunare(not even klandi or zlandi!!). They are desperate to get anyone they can to come cuck for them for a bunch of loot they would be letting rot or put on alt #10 any way.

Red is simple, if you aren't 60 and already decked you either hide and login only for raids in apex, sit around for hours while your pulls get screwed up and your clerics die to PVP before raid is called and you realize your just getting dkp to spend on kunark/classic mobs. If you are even lucky enough to get any help doing scout, factioning, farming quest armor or whatever with no strings attached other then guildies helping out you are super lucky.

You will never be inner circle <Apex> so you will always be looked down upon, and loot will go to core alts before you because there is such high paranoia on red mainly in Apex officer/leadership that they have kicked multiple people this month simply because they were thought to be spying. (who needs to spy on a dead server when basically everyone has a friend in each guild and knows whats going on?)

Cold hard facts starting on red, even with apex help:

You will have no one to play with until 8pm EST raid time, so if you arent 46+ or probably 58+ they might not even let you raid)

There is no one to talk to in game, every camp is empty. Feel free to solo PoM or your entire VP key 24/7 while being killed by your own guild mates on untagged alts.

Could go on and on, red is dead. Do not join the red server, you will not find what you are looking for, not even quick easy pixels as promised by OP.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have fun on blue because there's people to interact with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]