Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-09-2022, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a mage/enc duo on cliff golems I don't think I'd swap the magician out for a shaman.
You should. Enchanters and Shamans can solo Cliff Golems. Mages can't solo Cliff Golems.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should. Enchanters and Shamans can solo Cliff Golems. Mages can't solo Cliff Golems.
How well they solo cliff golems has little to do with what is the better duo for killing cliff golems ...

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How well they solo cliff golems has little to do with what is the better duo for killing cliff golems ...
It does, because that means you have two classes that are just better at killing Cliff Golems lol.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

So your retort to mag/enc/cleric being a decent trio for upper dogs (and other camps) is that shaman can solo cliff golems ...

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-09-2022, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Agreed, in this instance a mage offers at least as much as the shaman. Adding the mage pet I often don't need to slow a second time,as the golem dies much faster than with just a gargoyle on it.
I've done it with a Necro often as well,and it goes fine. Backup mez very nice.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So your retort to mag/enc/cleric being a decent trio for upper dogs (and other camps) is that shaman can solo cliff golems ...
What? Not sure how you got that from what I said.

I didn't respond to the upper dogs quote because that's an easy camp. You don't need a Mage to do it. Nor do you need a Mage to do Cliff Golems.

My point is that the current examples you gave aren't any examples of why Mages specifically are good. Literally any duo with an Enchanter can kill Cliff Golems, because Enchanters can already solo them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, in this instance a mage offers at least as much as the shaman. Adding the mage pet I often don't need to slow a second time,as the golem dies much faster than with just a gargoyle on it.
I've done it with a Necro often as well,and it goes fine. Backup mez very nice.
No, they offer less than a Shaman. Shamans can heal, have a better slow, have a better unresistable Malo, can buff, etc. My point about the Shaman pet was you could use a lot of pets from different classes to fill this same role of tanking the Golem during Charm breaks. Mage isn't special here. Enchanters can even supply the slow if the pet class in question doesn't have it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2022 at 06:58 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point is that the current examples you gave aren't any examples of why Mages specifically are good.
Yeah, trio'ing stuff the wife and I duo or she can solo is hardly a ringing endorsement for someone, and I don't even call magicians "worst." This line had originally cropped up because of hints, without examples, of very good areas magicians were awesome at solo or duo'ing at. It peaked my interest but so far examples of doing the stuff everyone else does, often with more people, basically fits my own assessment of "middle of the pack."

Danth
Old 08-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This line had originally cropped up because of hints, without examples, of very good areas magicians were awesome at solo or duo'ing at.
Exactly. Still waiting on examples of these good Magician solo/duo areas.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

To be fair, I have learned a thing or two about what they can do in raid settings that I had been previously unaware of (or had forgotten....I've forgotten a lot over the years). Useless to me in the parts of the game I hang out in, but interesting trivia anyhow.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, I have learned a thing or two about what they can do in raid settings that I had been previously unaware of (or had forgotten....I've forgotten a lot over the years). Useless to me in the parts of the game I hang out in, but interesting trivia anyhow.
Awesome! Glad to see the discussion has been even a bit useful.