Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-15-2022, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are great at quad kiting.
Are they? I'm currently 35 on my wizzie, looking forward to quadding, just got all the items for my Staff of Temporal Flux, but the vibe I get is that I either need someone to SoW me regularly or I need to buy SoW pots regularly to do it?

Or is it actually feasible to cast Bonds of Force on each mob, gather them up, maybe re-apply bonds of force, then aoe them down?
Old 08-15-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards have a great advantage in that they can port around to scrounge for buffs before they spend 40 mins kiting ... if they get potg and have a few sow potions they can go a long time before having to scrounge more buffs. It really helps the quad and is worth the time. Also you get to chat and make acquaintances doing that.

That said, in 30s I just facetank nukespammed karana gnolls for scrolls. I'd port back to qeynos and then return to NK and run back to camp. Apparently the max xp from scrolls got nerfed, so maybe this is no longer an easy / lazy way to level. I put my nuke in spell slot 1 and hit an instacast clicky item between each nuke to make slot 1 refresh faster.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-15-2022, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are they? I'm currently 35 on my wizzie, looking forward to quadding, just got all the items for my Staff of Temporal Flux, but the vibe I get is that I either need someone to SoW me regularly or I need to buy SoW pots regularly to do it?

Or is it actually feasible to cast Bonds of Force on each mob, gather them up, maybe re-apply bonds of force, then aoe them down?
Get jboots. And donate for potg if you can afford it. Then just flux 4, gather, and bonds of force. Make sure you're putting your quad nuke in slot 1, jboots will help reset GCD so you only need to wait like a sec in between casting quads.

Enjoy the easy xp, wiz quadding was surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing.
Last edited by Crede; 08-15-2022 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-15-2022, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards have a great advantage in that they can port around to scrounge for buffs before they spend 40 mins kiting ... if they get potg and have a few sow potions they can go a long time before having to scrounge more buffs. It really helps the quad and is worth the time. Also you get to chat and make acquaintances doing that.

That said, in 30s I just facetank nukespammed karana gnolls for scrolls. I'd port back to qeynos and then return to NK and run back to camp. Apparently the max xp from scrolls got nerfed, so maybe this is no longer an easy / lazy way to level. I put my nuke in spell slot 1 and hit an instacast clicky item between each nuke to make slot 1 refresh faster.
That's what I've been doing so far, scroll handins, they do _certainly_ feel worse than before but idk how much worse they are. I was still seeing the xp bar slightly move per hand-in at 35 which is a hell level, so they can't be _that_ bad.

Also, are there patch notes about the quest XP thing? I remember hearing that but looked over the patch notes and didn't see it called out anywhere, unless this happened forever ago.
Last edited by Kich867; 08-15-2022 at 03:23 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get jboots. And donate for potg if you can afford it. Then just flux 4, gather, and bonds of force. Make sure you're putting your quad nuke in slot 1, jboots will help reset GCD so you only need to wait like a sec in between casting quads.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

There are honestly no bad or underpowered classes in EQ, there are just bad classes for specific styles/preferences of play. Wizard might be objectively the "worst" class, but if you're the type of player who is endgame/raid focused but are kind of lazy and don't enjoy a lot of responsibility...congratulations, put on your robe and wizard hat (or maybe pick up a dagger - Rogue would be the second choice for such a player).

And Druids are also objectively pretty "bad", but if you're a casual player who just likes running around casually doing quests and buffing newbs and porting people... then you're not gonna be well served by an "overpowered" Enchanter.

You can get a lot of mileage out of every class. Just use them in their correct niche.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are honestly no bad or underpowered classes in EQ, there are just bad classes for specific styles/preferences of play. Wizard might be objectively the "worst" class, but if you're the type of player who is endgame/raid focused but are kind of lazy and don't enjoy a lot of responsibility...congratulations, put on your robe and wizard hat (or maybe pick up a dagger - Rogue would be the second choice for such a player).

And Druids are also objectively pretty "bad", but if you're a casual player who just likes running around casually doing quests and buffing newbs and porting people... then you're not gonna be well served by an "overpowered" Enchanter.

You can get a lot of mileage out of every class. Just use them in their correct niche.
True story. Druids and wizard get the most hate in high end groups and raids but they are convenient and powerful in their own right in certain levels of gameplay.

No class is globally worthless. Each has their own area of shine depending on level, content, scope and goal.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-23-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this

also fwiw any solo druid that isnt charming is a shitter, l2p
Old 08-30-2022, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Every class has SOMETHING to bring to the table depending on the situation and objective.

That being said, many people on P99 consider classes that can kill the hardest mobs solo (esp deep in dungeons) or smallest group or can put out the most sustained DPS as the "best classes". By this measure, Wizard is probably most underpowered. All they really get is:

1) Quad kiting (druid can do about as well)
2) Ports (druid can do better except PoH/PoS)
3) TLs (especially to bind is valuable for raids)
4) Unresistable dragon/giant bane 2k dmg spell (rogues still better DPS)
5) Lures can land on raid bosses (not as valuable in velious era with >32khp)

With VP rend robe clicky they can do passable sustained DPS but good luck getting that before level 60.

Runner up is probably Ranger. If /pet attack weren't a thing then Ranger would be somewhat valuable for tracking. The mechanics of valuable outdoor targets like Quillmane are too well understood so don't need Ranger to spawn / find. They also can't harmony or SoW in dungeons so they're basically a rogue without backstab in many situations. Make great small group tanks up until early 50s in the typical outdoor crushbone -> unrest -> mistmoore -> CoM level progression though.
Last edited by w1zard; 08-30-2022 at 12:49 PM..
Old 08-30-2022, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True story. Druids and wizard get the most hate in high end groups and raids but they are convenient and powerful in their own right in certain levels of gameplay.

No class is globally worthless. Each has their own area of shine depending on level, content, scope and goal.
Druids POTG is insanely valuable long lasting mana regeneration. Their velious BP is a free 600 mana group regrowth. That's potentially 2490*6 = 14,940 health total heal over duration across 6 people. The small sustained hp regeneration across dozens of people all adds up especially taking into account mod rods and lich/twitch mechanics.