Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-24-2022, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

No PK is going to volunteer to make his good worthwhile items become lootable.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Shouldn't be too hard to get planes gear, and then get a free 2 levels added, to how low you can kill someone.

I don't see why not. /shrugs

I guess everyone is capable of getting full Kael gear and deleveling with epics, so yea, maybe pointless. Who would then care about a kinda decked out planes gear PK, with an added two levels to pvp range?
Last edited by A Knight; 03-24-2022 at 01:02 AM..
Old 03-24-2022, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
adding it to red right now without an opt-in would be a disaster.
You can’t have a disaster on a 20 pop server.

However some murderers might show up to kill the rare twink running around.

And some good guys might show up to kill said murderers

Or not.

It seems to be a level 48 item loot cap might keep the level 60s happy with their pixels and might make pvp outside of fighting for dragons worthwhile.

For now it only serves to allow camp disputes to be settled handily so it’s still the best server but it could be better
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

There are delevel limitations here and level reqs that did not exist in classic and will exist here to prevent over the top Uber PKs

Including planar junk which should have a level 46 requirement.

Finding no drop gear and using it is part of the glory. An item loot cut off just means level 60 lazy people can stay lazy and not campaign against the program to make the sever good.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

I'm just hoping I can get over my video game name paranoia first. Should be ordering a new computer soon, to fix the one people who don't exist probably broke.

Then I can crap out character names, and not be too concerned about my heroin EQ being completely ruined for all eternity.

Gotta probably fix the dutch clog shoes I wear, that people who don't exist probably broke, first.

(I know you all don't exist and already know all this, but I figured I'd say again. Shouldn't matter at this point.)
Last edited by A Knight; 03-24-2022 at 01:16 AM..
Old 03-24-2022, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty confused by that post, but I'm typing on a computer now so I can be a little more coherent in my own posts.

To summarize

1. There is highly limited growth on the existing server, new players are rare and potential negative impact to 1 - 10 players should not dissuade the community from making changes to the otherwise flatlined server.

2. Low level PVP is fun when fighting twinks means you might get item loot. Losing items yourself is a bummer but of little consequence.

3. Having a level 48 or whatever item loot cap means that existing high level players have nothing to complain about except their twinks being targets, which is a major feature of item loot.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know what there is to be confused about. My post was coherent. Everyone has heard my story.

I was also reiterating that I have severe video game name paranoia, and that's why I can't play. Lol is it still project 1999 could be the theoretical real world? Haven't I talked to you all enough? I'm walking away, till another time. Should hopefully have 1 more pop in a month or three.

No disrespect to project 1999. I was naming a world after you. I give my respects to project 1999. If project 1999 owners didn't like me, I'd probably rather die. (Not that I'm not already dying. My brain is giving out a bit.) Hopefully I could make and code single player EQ if life became desperate and there was no project 1999.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m just not sure how to respond to people that don’t want anyone tampering with our comfortably flat lined existing sever.
I said that because i see people trying to repopulate the server IE the power level thread. Personally i dont get it since Rogean could come out of the blue like Tada! Red 2.0 in 2 months, your server's truly dead now but thats another subject and i decided to get off that train since my piece is said.

My point was that people are trying to bring people to red. If you add item loot and get twinks to lol take away the charity pieces they got, on top of honey-potting the griefer twinks back on the server without the population necessary for them to risk getting 8v1d like i seen often on Rallos, peasant revolt style, its just gonna make things worse.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-24-2022 at 03:26 AM..
Old 03-24-2022, 03:28 AM
Banned

Like if i had more motivation for 2.0 id push for item loot so i could take my 60 sham and grief the lowbie pop. But i dont play that.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Low level PVP is fun when fighting twinks means you might get item loot. Losing items yourself is a bummer but of little consequence.
I dont know how long since you played EQ but youre not killing hard twinks even 5v1 if people are wearing throwaway vendor trash, best outcome is he cant kill your entire group, has to dodge for a bit and you get time to scoot. It needs close to rallos pop levels so the entire zone pretty much is waiting for the twink, peasant revolt style to get that twink pelt.

The no drop gear means that you can still try without losing your gear, so then it gets *sorta* fun to fight a twink because you get to have a fighting chance and the twink is the one risking something, which is why i said ok on 1.0 but not without this tweak. I remember how fucking annoying it was on rallos before my no drop set that twinks would still loot my trashy cloth.

If people are 5v1 with ok no drop gear that they cant lose, the twink has to be more careful and cant risk having to bag everything so most likely he will have a setup like everything no drop and a fungi, so he can bag it just before he dies. It makes the twinks less powerful and for more even pvp. A small percentage will get cocky and still wear it all, making them like a world boss that creates emerging gameplay and interesting pvp while leaving casuals with basically 0 risk of getting griefed besides corpse runs.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-24-2022 at 04:03 AM..